MIHAN Project - SEZ Update Thread - Page 130 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > West > West/Central India Projects > Maharashtra > Nagpur

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 18th, 2017, 05:24 AM   #2581
Nagpurkar_delhi

Likes (Received): 8

These images are superb. THanks Grapewine. HOwever, the massiveness of Lupin is not captured. Similarly, Mahindra Satyam is also not as small as it appears, although true 140 acres is not justified. The plot sandwiched between TAL, Satyam, HCL and TCS also shows some activity on google map. What is it? The SP Infocity maintains a lawn and all, just puzzled whats going on in there. ALso TCS headcount is very doubtful. I interact normally with the TCS ion guys, the online exams wing of TCS, they have around 150 professionals, but they normally do not know whats going on in the TCS Mihan complex.

I think Mihan needs massive afforestation to make it appear pleasant. Once on esakal, there was a punekar who was rediculing the project saying the "rukshapana" (Arid in marathi) of the place will drive away investors. If you see the area around the roundabout at the Butibori-Mihan junction its quite green, indicating good tall green trees can indeed grow in that region.

In any case, things do seem to look up.
Nagpurkar_delhi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 18th, 2017, 05:27 AM   #2582
Nagpurkar_delhi

Sorry, I got confused, the plot I am talking about is indeed the HCL plot
http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=21...MIHAN%20nagpur

So my question then is whats going on in the SP infocity plot adjacent to the structure labeled MTC.
Old April 18th, 2017, 08:10 AM   #2583
_GrapeWine_

Likes (Received): 419

TCS

lurky, hcu410 liked this post
_GrapeWine_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 18th, 2017, 08:16 AM   #2584
_GrapeWine_

AIIMS compound wall u/c

On left

lurky liked this post
Old April 18th, 2017, 11:12 AM   #2585
lurky
♠◘•

Likes (Received): 228

MADC to develop another agro park in Mihan

Quote:
Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC) has floated a new tender for another food park to be developed on about 44 acre balance land available for development and agro and forest based industries park. The decision was taken in the 58th meeting of board of directors held recently.

There is a dearth of processing industry based on locally available raw material from agro and forest sector in Vidarbha and particularly around Nagpur despite good agricultural produce and abundant forest resources in nearby areas. To boost agro and forest based industries MADC has earmarked about 300 acres outside notified area in the special economic zone (SEZ) in Mihan. It has recently invited bids from companies interested in setting up units here.

MADC has already allotted 234 acres to Patanjali Herbal Park for setting up agro and forest based industries park in Mihan. The tender condition has been kept similar in line with the earlier tender for the food park. Patanjali will not be eligible to participate in the new tender.
source

Quote:

source
lurky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 11:56 AM   #2586
_GrapeWine_

Residential area in Mihan

Mahindra Bloomdale. People have already started living in these apartments.

Moraj Waterfall Gateway. Can see stuff in balconies.. some apartments occupied already.

Kailasa: this is new township u/c.

lurky liked this post
Old April 18th, 2017, 08:38 PM   #2587
lurky
♠◘•

Nothing much in the way of renders for Kailasa..

Is a thread warranted?

Last edited by lurky; April 18th, 2017 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Added location
Old April 19th, 2017, 05:55 AM   #2588
Nagpurkar_delhi

Nice phrase "nothing much in the way of renders" what does it mean btw, simple googling was not convincing.

Grapewine, can you kindly comment on my query about the apparent construction in wikimapia in the SP Infocity Plot, facing the HCL construction.
Old April 19th, 2017, 07:48 AM   #2589
_GrapeWine_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagpurkar_delhi View Post
Grapewine, can you kindly comment on my query about the apparent construction in wikimapia in the SP Infocity Plot, facing the HCL construction.
Oh that's just construction workers' temporary residence.
Old April 19th, 2017, 10:36 AM   #2590
Nagpurkar_delhi

Oh okay, thats quite misguiding in wikimapia.
Old April 19th, 2017, 03:29 PM   #2591
Nagpurkar_delhi

How would you rate the development Grapewine, now that you have seen it first hand?
Old April 19th, 2017, 03:42 PM   #2592
Wright_ngp_atlanta

Likes (Received): 25

Grapewine..what's happening next to the kailasa community (as seen in Wikimedia image pasted above)..is it DPS construction. .there seems to be something happening there. .
Wright_ngp_atlanta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 05:37 PM   #2593
Raj Parames

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
How would you rate the development Grapewine, now that you have seen it first hand?
Since Grapewine mentioned that he noticed people living in the residential buildings, I would say maybe it will take another 2 years or so to see full fledged occupancy since it is contingent on SEZ have full occupancy and jobs being created in MIHAN. Overall, it is encouraging but incremental progress. Thanks Grapewine for the pictures and updates.
Raj Parames no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2017, 08:57 PM   #2594
_GrapeWine_

Quote:
I am impressed with overall activity happening in Nagpur as a whole. This kind of work was impossible few years ago.. Metro, cement road construction etc. Pace of Metro work is unbelievable! This is all happening due to Gadkari and center and Fadnavis in state. These are good times for Nagpur for sure.

Same is true for Mihan. I saw 2-wheelers and cars on road in Mihan even in scorching summer afternoon. Saw buses parked outside TCS. Lots of cars parked outside Lupin. Overall, good number of people are now employed in Mihan.
All the roads and walkways were built 6-7 years ago and now have deteriorated a lot. They will have to cut all the weed and redo roads and footpaths. But overall I feel totally positive about Mihan's future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wright_ngp_atlanta View Post
Grapewine..what's happening next to the kailasa community (as seen in Wikimedia image pasted above)..is it DPS construction. .there seems to be something happening there. .
I think what you are referring to is again construction workers' temporary accommodation. Didn't see any other construction activity next to Kailasa. AIIMS compound wall was u/c in front of it.

Aryaved, radioactive liked this post
Old April 19th, 2017, 10:49 PM   #2595
hcu410

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by _GrapeWine_ View Post
I am impressed with overall activity happening in Nagpur as a whole. This kind of work was impossible few years ago.. Metro, cement road construction etc. Pace of Metro work is unbelievable! This is all happening due to Gadkari and center and Fadnavis in state. These are good times for Nagpur for sure.
Awesome pics GrapeWine. I totally agree with you about pace of development. I visited Nagpur in December after a good 4 years and I can say that I have never seen such pace of development work in the city in my life (I lived there most of it ). I also felt that the railway station was the cleanest I have ever seen but that's off topic.

VIP road which is nearby my home in DP was dug up overnight for cement road work and I'm told it was finished in under 1 month (one side of it) I had already left the city by then.

I saw a question from someone about the scale of the Lupin construction and I happen to have a picture which was taken from Moraj 14th floor which gives a nice idea about their size, which is pretty significant.
Here it is:

After many years I am really positive about prospects of MIHAN and Nagpur in general.

_GrapeWine_ liked this post
hcu410 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2017, 03:18 AM   #2596
Nagpurkar_delhi

One thing though they got to do urgently, all over the city, is to plan trees and trees, not that it would bring down temperatures but would provide more shade. Also cool shelters should be made or mist spray etc.. (Incidentally Bramhapuri which is completely forested, sees highest temperature repeatedly, so forests/green cover alone may not bring temperatures), but the concretization is frightening wrt climate and pleasing wrt development and so increasing green cover could be the solution.

Also with all the Edu institutes and AIIMS, up, the overall development scene would improve, again fingers crossed since Indore and Raipur are two such cities with all top level institutes, AIIMS, IIT and IIM, and they are not significantly better.

My only argument has been to see the pain of parents when their kids migrate due to lack of jobs, and the city draining all its good crowd. A city will be attractive, if high worth (not necessarily money wise) people dwell in the city.

siddhant4u liked this post
Old April 24th, 2017, 07:44 PM   #2597
lurky
♠◘•

Patanjali’s SEZ unit gets nod

Quote:

The unit approval committee (UAC) under the Development Commissioner's office for Mihan-SEZ has finally granted its sanction to Patanjali Ayurved Limited's project. The UAC had held up its approval on the grounds that the wall demarcating Patanjali's plots in the SEZ and non-SEZ areas had gaps. Both the projects are side by side. The non-SEZ plot was purchased through competitive bidding.

The approval has resolved the dispute between Patanjali and Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC), towards the payment of land cost.

Acharya Balkrishna, Patanjali's managing director, told TOI that the company will now release the payment. Soon after it gave a cheque worth Rs64 crore to MADC, Patanjali had issued stop payment orders to its bank. This had led to the cheque being dishonoured twice. Balkrishna said the stop payment was done as getting possession of SEZ land was held up due to UAC's objections related to the wall.

Patanjali completed building the wall 2-3 days ago. The company has more than 300 acres of land in the Mihan complex. It started with bagging a parcel of 234 acres through auction in non-SEZ for setting up a food park. The non-SEZ land deal has run into controversy with a PIL being filed alleging it was sold at much cheaper rates.

During the groundbreaking ceremony held in August 2016, Patanjali also announced to buy another land parcel in the SEZ. The company wants to build an exclusive unit for exports. Patanjali's SEZ land is spread in 106 acres. To allow shorter access to the non-SEZ plot during the ground breaking function, the SEZ walls were broken. Patanjali was supposed to get them repaired.

Balkrishna told TOI that now funds are expected to released in a day or two. This will enable signing of the lease deed with MADC for the SEZ land.
On the food park in the non-SEZ area, he said there are plans to come up with branded products made out of the fabled Nagpur orange. This will be the first initiative of its kind.

The company is not expecting to earn much profits from the juice as such. Patanjali will be relying on the essence extracted out of the orange peel. "Earnings from the juice may not be enough to even cover the expenses. We plan to start the production line as the orange crop arrives next winter," said Balkrishna.

He said orders have been placed for processing machines for the fruit from US and Sweden. The total order is worth Rs234 crore. Patanjali is procuring the latest fruit processing lines from the vendors, he said.
source
Old April 28th, 2017, 12:37 PM   #2598
India_enthusiast

Likes (Received): 45

TCS headcount

Someone was asking for the current TCS headcount. My friend works for TCS Nagpur and according to him the current TCS headcount is around 2000.

They have built up for a capacity for around 20,000 and are gradually scaling up to full capacity. He estimated it will take around 2 years to achieve the same.

Also, the work being done here is good. Important projects have started coming to Nagpur TCS.

radioactive, _GrapeWine_ liked this post
India_enthusiast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2017, 06:00 PM   #2599
radioactive

Likes (Received): 56

Gr8 news. For our official sites, we can see that for Infosys Nagpur DC, approx 385,000 sqft construction is in progress and that will occupy around 3000 people.

radioactive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2017, 09:37 AM   #2600
lurky
♠◘•

Big Bazaar’s fully automated Distribution centre in MIHAN launched – it cannot get bigger than this!!

Quote:

Future group CEO Kishor Biyani and Union Minister Nitin Gadkari launched India’s most automated and biggest Distribution centre in MIHAN today. It is run by a technology, developed by Beumer group, India, called High Speed Cross Belt Sortation Technology.

To understand how this technology operates, just think of the designer S bridge that is built at the gateway of MIHAN itself. It takes the traffic of cars coming from either Nagpur or Wardha/ Hyderabad side and sorts it into lanes going to Bhandara, Raipur, Jabalpur, Nagpur, Wardha, Hyderabad or MIHAN which a driver can take to reach his desired destination.

The humongous, larger than you can imagine, warehouse of Future group, which is spread over 4 lakh square feet of area and has volume of 8 lakh square feet and that stores, sorts and merchandise going to over 1000 Big Bazaar outlets in India has automated conveyer belts that send that right T shirt to the right store in a similar fashion to this bridge.

This centre, which began operations 4 years ago, already had a semi automated conveyor system which any human could operate with just 30 minutes of training – but the new system takes it to another level of automation making the sorting 3 times faster.

It comprises of a 12 metres high Spiral conveyor, which is tallest in the country, with approx. 2.5 Kms of conveyor system. This ‘infrastructure’ can sort 40,000 cases per day which translates to 360 crore pieces per annum!!

While inaugurating this new system Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari, who was logically the perfect man to do it, said that for India to withstand in the international markets our logistics cost needs to be brought down from 18%, to match China’s 6%.

Quote:

“To achieve this, we need to scale up our production, make our distribution faster and drastically reduce our cost of transport. To this end my Ministry is trying to introduce and popularize water ways transport – through rivers – followed by Rail transport.”
Gadkari said through rivers cost of transport could come down to 20 paisa per per Km. which is over Rs. 1.50 by highways at present.

He also rued the fact that of the approximately 96,000 Kms of highway network the country has, only 2% consists of national highways which take the load of 40% of our traffic.

“This leads to too many road accidents, in which we lose 1.5 lakh lives every year!”

He said his Ministry plans to substantially increase the network of national highways by building 10 new Express ways between big cities, work on 4 has already begun. He has plans for 2 lakh Kms of new roads.

Turning to Kishor Biyani, Gadkari challenged ” be prepared with 40 tons containers for transport of your goods, which should be equipped to run not on diesel or petrol but LPG and bio fuels which will bring down cost of transport.”

Gadkari said that India had the tragedy of being a rich nation with poor people and this poverty could be allayed only with more employment which only industries can bring.

Corruption by babus and cartels by companies will be dealt with severely.

“We will do everything we can to boost industrial growth beginning with rooting out of corruption. ‘Babus’ coming with demands of ‘envelopes’ will be rooted out of the system and severely punished.”

“At the same time” he said ” industries forming cartels to ensure high and unreasonable profits will also be severely punished.”

He cited the case of cement factories who has suddenly hiked up their rates as the momentum of building cement roads has increased across the nation.

“My Ministry is the largest purchaser of cement and I am determined to teach this manufacturers a lesson.”

Gadkari expressed confidence that the Rs. 1000 crores Future group will grow to Rs. 10,000 crores soon.

“But you must keep the focus on Nagpur and give employment to my young people of this area” he almost pleaded.

Our distribution hub at Nagpur – which consists of not one, but five units like this – is the nerve centre of our operations, he said.

Biyani also shared exclusively with NT that his company plans to go into production of food products and are looking at MIHAN as a likely place for it.
source

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
nagpur