#ON HOLD: TAMEER TOWERS (Shams Abu Dhabi) - Page 7 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Abu Dhabi Projects > Al Reem Island

Al Reem Island A natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi island being developed by Sorouh (Shams Abu Dhabi), Reem Investments, and Tamouh

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 7th, 2009, 05:40 PM   #121
Bimcnorth

Likes (Received): 0

Bimcnorth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 7th, 2009, 05:46 PM   #122
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Likes (Received): 56

Old update from flickr , Taken on June 12, 2008

http://www.flickr.com/photos/770/2575262486/
bizzybonita no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2009, 06:02 PM   #123
Bimcnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybonita View Post
Old update from flickr , Taken on June 12, 2008

http://www.flickr.com/photos/770/2575262486/

They ought to have finished piling now...
Old March 7th, 2009, 06:38 PM   #124
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Likes (Received): 56

if not already #UNDER C ... I guess we are waiting a huge update from developer this time !
bizzybonita no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2009, 11:27 PM   #125
Bimcnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybonita View Post
if not already #UNDER C ... I guess we are waiting a huge update from developer this time !
Erm, what I meant is that Tameer have it listed as "piling almost finished.." which would mean that they could start building anyday.
The groundworks have been done already.

Id like to stress that on islands like these groundworks and piling are not done in a month or two.
Just making amends to the watertable and getting the engineers to agree on how to mix the earth to get best stability take ages.
Old March 8th, 2009, 12:33 PM   #126
Harry99

Hello!

Good to see this blog is busy again. Has anyone actually heard back from Tameer? It seems we are all guessing at what stage they are at, if the project is delayed etc..... but no one really knows. I just think as investors we deserve better communication with Tameer about our investments and what is really happening. Why should we countine paying money if they are not returning are emails etc......

Concerned !!
I see in the news Hydra investors have joined together. Is there a Tameer Towers group????
Harry99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2009, 01:46 PM   #127
deina

Hi,
Yes, I agree we deserve better communication with Tameer about our investments and what is really happening. What we should do for it?
deina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2009, 02:08 PM   #128
Harry99

Hi

We live in Dubai and happy to meet with any other TT investors. If we can get a group together we may be more effective???
Old March 8th, 2009, 02:45 PM   #129
deina

Hi,
we live in other country and we will go to UAE on 1May. And of course, we'd like to meet with any other TT investors.

Last edited by deina; March 8th, 2009 at 02:58 PM.
deina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2009, 05:07 PM   #130
Harry99

Hi

Yes, we will be here around the 1st May.

Anyone else interested in meeting?

Last edited by Harry99; March 20th, 2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old March 11th, 2009, 09:17 PM   #131
Nathan Barley

Hello!

I bought 2 units in tower A for a riduculously high price from Tameer in August. I have paid 15% on each, but have missed one payment at the start of February. Obviously I cannot sell either, even at minus 10%.
I was advised by Customer Services that I should now expect notification of reclaimation of the Units to 25% of the purchase price from their Legal Department. However, they have not confirmed this position and are not replying to emails or my phonecalls.
Frustrating and very stressful to say the least.
Also, I work for a large architectural practice out here and have been informed by a very high ranking local that the project is expected to be delayed by at least 5 years, and on my last inspection of the site i would agree. However, as per the contract, breach of contract is only realised 6 months after the proposed Completion Date. Too late for me.
I would be more than happy to join a lobby group to see if we can get this sorted.
Nathan Barley no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2009, 08:47 AM   #132
Harry99

Hi Nathan

Just read your blog and we are in exactly the same situation as you. Interesting to here it has been delayed for 5years!! We have sent numerous emails with no response. It is terrible we have had no communication with Tameer about what is going on.

There are a group of investors (some of which are bbased in Dubai) planning on meeting up in the next week or so to discuss Tameer Towers. Would you be interested?

Last edited by Harry99; March 20th, 2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old March 13th, 2009, 01:14 AM   #133
Bimcnorth

Apart from its partnership with the Saudi Al-Rahji Banking group who controls half the company anyone wanting to put a bit of pressure on Tameer might do worse than leaning on its main shareholders for info perhaps?

As Im fond of looking things up I can reveal that Tameer is a closed shareholding company owned by Innovest, a Sharia-compliant investment company regulated by the Central Bank of Bahrain.
Innovest’s main shareholders include Gulf Investment House (Kuwait), Dubai Islamic Bank (UAE), Kuwait Finance House (Kuwait) and Al Nafisi Trading Company (Kuwait).

Last edited by Bimcnorth; March 13th, 2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old March 13th, 2009, 04:14 PM   #134
fadi79

Hi,
I bought three apartments in TT last year, and didn't pay my last two payments and i never been asked for that.

I'm living in Abu Dhabi and I used to visit TT site twice amonth as I'm living 3 km away from the site. In my last 2 visits, I realized that nobody is working there and the piling hasn't been completed, I came to know that they might not complete the project!!!!!

I would like to join TT investors lobby if it's available and I would like to attend any meeting with the investors.

By the way i'm going tomorrow to Tameer HQ in Dubai to invistigateabout this matter.

Please let me know if there's any meeting, my email address is:
[email protected]
fadi79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2009, 05:37 PM   #135
dubaithevilla

Meeting Friday March 20, 2pm

Hi all,
I suggest to meet on Friday March 20 anywhere in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. I live in Dubai myself.
I suggest to meet at Emirates mall say 2 pm

Please reply and let's all agree. It is our money that we talk about
For those who live abroad, we will update you with the outcome of the meeting and we can meet again first week of May
dubaithevilla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2009, 05:50 PM   #136
Harry99

Meeting

Hi Everyone

Great to hear from you all. Yes, lets meet next Friday, 20th March at 2pm Costa Coffee in Emirates Mall.

Last edited by Harry99; March 20th, 2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old March 14th, 2009, 01:14 AM   #137
londoner01

hi guys
i thought i would tell you about my experience with this sh1tty company....i bought a number of units in salam city in 2007...i was happily paying all the installments until i read on this forum that there were delays in the project...if i hadnt have come across this forum i would probably be none the wiser as they dont communicate anything to investors. once they did say they were stopping payments in march 2008 they didnt say anything about what was going to happen with the project until August 2008. Delivery of units was due to start this month so thats why they didnt say anything about what was happeing to the project. Eventually they offered investors their money back without interest but gave the option of a discount on over priced units in dubailand or to stay in the project. Because of the credit crunch people got scared that they might not receive their money back if they stayed in the project until after the delivery date in order to take legal action and so the majority withdrew their funds. I asked to cancel the contract in october 2008 and have only received payment for 1 unit. I have spent hundreds of pounds on phonecalls which have not been answered or returned. This company is a joke with amateurs throughout. From now on will probably only invest in goverment backed developers like emaar, aldar....etc. Pity cause Tameer Towers looks good but whether it gets built is another story and if it does it will be delayed and so unless you a cash buyer you will paying interest for a long time.
londoner01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 12:49 PM   #138
lovedubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaithevilla View Post
Hi all,

For those who live abroad, we will update you with the outcome of the meeting and we can meet again first week of May
Please do update on whatever comes out of the meeting. Thanks.
lovedubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 01:27 PM   #139
flares

Likes (Received): 4

been working alongside the 'rise above alliance' (new name for Al Rajhi/Habtoor/Murray Roberts JV) and compared to other projects in the city this one appears very active.
Old March 14th, 2009, 02:24 PM   #140
lovedubai

Hi Flares
Can you give any more details?

Also got this from the Tameer website.

"Tameer invests in customer-centric solution Leading developer implements latest customer relationship management software

Dubai, 2 March 2009

As part of its ongoing commitment to consistently providing excellent customer service, Tameer, one of the Middle East’s leading real estate developers, has implemented the latest Enterprise Resource Planning and Customer Relationship Management software (ERP/CRM) from Oracle Corporation.

The software, which is built around industry-specific best practices and standards, was successfully implemented and rolled-out on 21 January 2009, with the help of Global Technology Services LLC, and will assist Tameer in achieving the highest levels of customer service and customer satisfaction through strategic front office solutions. It will also help the firm to streamline internal operations, and will provide profound data access through reporting mechanisms and business intelligence tools.

The ERP software offers centrally integrated global selling, automated billing with future web-enablement for customer access, budget management and control options, customer care integration, document management, and business intelligence, all of which help to enhance the level of service offered to customers. In addition, the software provides Tameer with a comprehensive, user-friendly solution that facilitates the flow of information between departments, increasing productivity and resulting in further savings.

In this time of rapidly changing needs, Tameer’s implementation of this software will ensure that the firm maintains its excellent customer service record."
lovedubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
abu dhabi, al reem island