MIAMI | Paramount Miami WorldCenter | 699 ft | 213 m | 60 fl | Complete

512K views 2K replies 147 participants last post by  U4ick_MIA 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Miami WorldCenter

A massive $4 bln shopping and residential mega-development

See less See more
#1,498 ·
^^OVER.10.TEN,Years.Later.Photo.and.POST:hilarious:
:master:Marcvader:)and.Everyone.Else:grouphug:,Please,Look,at,the,dark,areas.Around.all,Blocks.of.this.Photo,the.Biscayne,Wall.of.Towers,was,Just,starting,and.Biscayne.Blvd,Being,REDONE,at,The,bottom,of.This.Great,Google,Maps,Photo,from.the.Satelite,Above:cheers1::lol:
,There.would,be,a,Great,Comment,by,this,Longtime,Ago,Member,.IF.he/she.was.Still,here,Today,:banana:

#6 ·
Its like a wet dream.... I like that the scale is not crazy big. I think one of the things that slowed down this boom was the mere giant scale of all the buildings, therefore the demand was sattisfied with fewer block being built. I think something at the scale they are proposing will be more friendly and welcoming to the pedestrian. I love big tall buildings, but I would rather see 20 blocks with 5-10 stories, the 2-3 blocks of 50 stories.

#7 ·
I love this. I really do. Like, WOW! A project like this is the kind of thing that can get young professionals into downtown, the kind of people that insist on getting out of their cars and onto their feet. I love that there are NO PARKING PEDESTALS! Anybody else notice that?!

I also notice in that 2nd to last picture on the first post, It looks like a lot of activity is happening on the 4th floor of most of those buildings... Perhaps that's a great opportunity to incorporate a revitalized metro-mover/metrorail design into this project. Can anyone else picture what I'm talking about? I mean, there's already 3 metro-mover stations on the property; maybe they're thinking of incorporating the stations just like they're incorporated @ Wachovia Tower and BOA tower.

Furthermore, with the project's SE corner so close to the AAA, Bayside Mktplc., CBD, FEC tracks, and the additional metromover stations, this project really has potential to become a regional transit hub! Something I think the folks @ Falcone Group and Miami 21 should consider. Heck, it's an even bigger plus for a regional hub if they decide to put the Marlins' Stadium nearby. :)

YAY URBAN REDEVELOPMENT! YAY MIXED USES! HOORAY FOR GREEN! HIP HIP HOORAY!

#9 ·
Everything is absolutely perfect, I wish and dream that this passes, this is so amazing!

And I agree, it's better to have 10 blocks of mid-density towers than 2 blocks of supertalls, a creates a nice enviornment (pedestrian friendly). I think that's a big difference between Brickell and the CBD. Brickell has a lot of huge imposing buildings that aren't always the most pedestrian friendly whereas the CBD doesn't.

#17 ·
Vitruvius:),
^^^^
our newest No clue, No info , could be a problem , my friend.
I work for miami-dade county,
Where did you get that info,:eek:hno:
and How do you know this:eek:hno:,
the F.A.A. will not as of this moment allow any structure over 700 feet in this area north of 6th street IMO, where did I miss this height change by the FAA Itself, Get the facts to me , now, please.
all these towers that couldn't go up over 800- feet in the past 4 years can go up Now,
Someone messed up somewhere and should applozie to the developers :banana:
I'm sorry to say this, IMO, I believe I didn't hear anything different,
PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME I'M WRONG !!!
Unless you or someone else knows the facts from the FAA itself.
900 Biscayne Tower is the proof of this, It was supposed to be built at 712 feet,
It's Not NO way close , and the Miami Marqis Condo Tower will be the tallest of all the Biscayne wall towers at 679 feet approved by the FAA.
Until I read in the Miami Herald that the FAA has approved higher heights for this area ,
I'll change my mind about the limited height of 700 feet for this area.IMO

#18 · (Edited)
the projects fate depends on the city approving it not on the faa

The FAA's role is to determine whether these proposals create a hazard, Based on the FAA's findings, local governments determine if permits will be granted. But the FAA cannot prevent the building of potentially hazardous projects.

"Congress mandated that the FAA protect navigable air space," said Ben Doyle of air traffic technical consultants Aviation Management Associates in Alexandria, Va., "But they never gave the FAA the ability to enforce the regulations or the height limits. They have no big stick."

An official with the city of Miami's planning department said a project could receive a major use special permit (MUSP) without a clearance letter from the FAA.

http://southflorida.bizjournals.com/southflorida/stories/2005/06/06/story1.html

Marquis was an example where the faa said it could be capped at 500 feet or 642 feet, pending another study. Despite the unresolved height issue, the city approved Marquis on Jan. 27 for 679 feet.

#20 ·
YES 305 Lover:),
our friend,
South of the Railroad Tracks ( N.E. 6th Street ) on Biscayne Blvd, East of N.E. 2nd ave,
a Huge boxed in area Downtown,
S.E. 15th Road in Brickell , East of Brickell Ave in Brickell
Up to 1,010 Feet Proposed by Miami-Dade County,
as of now, Not yet approved, IMO, I didn't see anything more on this proposal ???
anyone else knows this, please tell me :eek:hno:
DAVE:) ???

#21 · (Edited)
Anyway, I said refer to Dave8721's height map in the thread link posted on the previous page because that is supposedly the agreement struck between Miami-Dade County, the FAA and Miami International Airport. Now has it been expanded to I-395? I've heard no further news on this, and the memorandum Dave8721 posted on the SkyscraperPage development thread is dated May 15, 2007.

Reactions: ChuckScraperMiami#1
#22 ·
Anyway, I said refer to Dave8721's height map in the thread link above because that is supposedly the agreement struck between Miami-Dade County and Miami International Airport. Now has it been expanded to I-395? I've heard no further news on this.
Quantum:),
My best 2008 World Almanac Update friend:banana:,
Nothing , Not a thing more than
The South of N.E. 6th Street and Biscayne Blvd,
East of N.e. 2nd Ave , Down to Brickell Ave, to S.E. 15th ROAD in Brickell, East of Brickell Ave,
ALL Towers Height Proposed at 1,010 Feet, NO More
proposed by Miami - Dade County !!!:cheers:

#23 · (Edited)
#28 ·
Frenchy Miami:),
our future glassball friend,:lol:
I'm dreaming of 2012, I see the land here for this huge project all cleared,
But, I can see a few construction cranes and workers on this site with nothing completed by the end of 2012, IMO it will be completed around 2016, with a 6 year building plan,
Hopefully starting in 2010 !!! After the Miami Dolphins Win their 1st Super Bowl in over 25 years in their Own Dolphins Stadium !!!:cheers:

DAVE:),
My greatest update friend,
It would be nice with the Stadium there:cheers: ,
But
I still also see the Miami Marlins Stadium by the Old Orange Bowl in 2012 :banana::):banana:!!!
there's no way the Stadium can be built and survive near the East Overtown Area.:bash:

#25 · (Edited)
another "city within the city"^^:nuts:

It also has support at City Hall.

”The project is the poster child for Miami 21,” Miami Mayor Manny Diaz said. “It is exactly what a well-designed city should look like: the mixed-use, different heights, the street experience. This is the next generation of development in the city.”

City Hall seems to back up everything and feeling optimist about most projects that would transform Miami

A mayor is like the manager of a big company once people think they are not delivering properly they might be ousted....look at Charles Prince at Citigroup or Stan o'Neal at Merril Lynch

#34 ·
There you go The Director. I've waited over 20 years. The link to the article also included this paragragh, which is what I've been saying since the market bubble burst. Those of us who are still enthusiastic are not missing the point and are well-tempered in reality as we have come to know realities such as this:

LONG-TERM VIEW

Falcone and his partners say they are taking a long-term view. They say they have the financial strength to wait out the slump, construction is a ways away, and expressed confidence they're targeting viable niches.

The previous billion-dollar partnership might have crashed and burned, but they just keep coming because Miami is hot as hell right now.

#27 ·
You know what the funny thing is, remember in the Marlins stadium thread I proposed turning the street that runs between the Miami Arena and AAA into a Lincoln Road style pedestrian only road? It looks like that is exactly what they are proposing. Maybe I should sue for royalties?

-Now just imagine a Marlins stadium on the Miami Arena site tying in Sawyers Walk with this project.

#30 · (Edited)
Vitruvius: "chuck you need to go back into the archives and read rx7's and dave8721's post on the new limits."

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/743/untitled1ha0.jpg

http://www.miamidade.gov/govaction/legistarfiles/Matters/Y2007/070870.pdf

Well, I'm not Chuck, but I went back and read the previous postings you suggested, which seem the same as the posting I referred to on this thread with the same date and height map, which does not extend to I-395. So where are you getting that Park West could have a 1,000 feet tall building?

#32 ·
But it is outside of the limits of the 1,010 height map. I'm guessing it could only go to 649 feet just as the Omni Development had to come down from 700. It might appear to tower over the Biscayne Wall, but you know how renderings are. Still I say we need something over 500 feet behind the Biscayne Wall to fill in the big gap in the skyline. The Omni development will fill in the north end of the skyline quite nicely, along with Element and Onyx2 if we get them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.