#ON HOLD: TAMEER TOWERS (Shams Abu Dhabi) - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Abu Dhabi Projects > Al Reem Island

Al Reem Island A natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi island being developed by Sorouh (Shams Abu Dhabi), Reem Investments, and Tamouh

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 9th, 2008, 09:31 PM   #61
kay jay

Likes (Received): 0

T T

Hi

Sorry to forward bad news to those who have bought on TT but when I was in AUH recently, I was informed that TT has been delayed by 1 year.

Anyone know any different?

KJ
kay jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 22nd, 2008, 07:19 AM   #62
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Likes (Received): 56

Old August 21st, 2008, 06:19 PM   #63
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

The offical website http://www.tameertowers.com
Advertisement

Old September 1st, 2008, 04:11 AM   #64
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

C/U 31/08/08

[IMG]http://i38.************/suwv3o.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i37.************/33lnz14.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i37.************/658jux.jpg[/IMG]
Old September 1st, 2008, 04:16 AM   #65
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

[IMG]http://i38.************/2yxgo4m.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i37.************/zy5zfb.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i37.************/j80f3n.jpg[/IMG]
Old September 4th, 2008, 12:04 AM   #66
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Tameer finalises pact

Tameer's Dr Abdallah Shaaban, centre, with other partners of Tameer Towers project. (SALEM KHAMIS)

Tameer and Sorouh yesterday finalised a pact with a joint venture of Al Habtoor Engineering, Murray & Roberts and Al Rajhi Projects to construct the Tameer Towers project in Abu Dhabi for Dh6 billion.

This brings the total cost of the project to Dh8bn, which is a joint venture between Tameer Holding Investment and Sorouh Real Estate, said the two firms.

"The alliance has confirmed the delivery date of June 2011 for the residential portion and December 2011 for the commercial portion," said Dr Abdallah Shaaban, Managing Director of Tameer. "The selection of construction partner represents a giant step towards reaching our delivery goals, and will complement the host of partners already working on the project."

Tameer Towers was launched in 2007. The construction partners join the project team that includes the UK-based architectural firm Gensler, structural engineering firm Thornton Tomasetti, mechanical engineering firm Hilson Moran, and the façade engineering firm Buro Happold, in addition to the project manager Hill International and the construction manager Bureau Veritas.

Tameer Towers is in Shams Abu Dhabi, the new development on Al Reem Island that is master-planned by Sorouh Real Estate PJSC.

Dr Shaaban said: "The alliance concept is a pioneering idea adopted by Tameer in which all the partners act as one with the main purpose of constructing the project with the utmost attention to quality, cost, and delivery. This innovative concept is new to this market and will mitigate many of the delay-resulting risks associated with claims, delays, and the rising costs of manpower."

The foundation works are progressing according to schedule.
Old September 26th, 2008, 12:12 PM   #67
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Major construction contract signed for Tameer Towers

September 21, 2008

Real estate leaders Tameer and Sorouh today finalized an agreement with a joint venture of Al Habtoor Engineering / Murray & Roberts / Al Rajhi Projects to construct the landmark Tameer Towers project in Abu Dhabi for a cost of AED 6 billion, bringing the total cost of the project to AED 8 billion. This announcement represents the accomplishment of a major milestone in the Tameer Towers project, a joint venture between Tameer Holding Investment LLC and Sorouh Real Estate PJSC.

The iconic Tameer Towers was launched in October 2007 and has since been considered one of Abu Dhabi’s landmark developments. Its simple yet creative design has made it a favourite destination for investors and end-users alike.

The construction partners will join the Tameer / Sorouh joint venture in an alliance that will include the architect Gensler from London, along with the structural engineer Thornton Tomasetti, the mechanical engineer Hilson Moran, and the façade engineer Buro Happold in addition to the project manager Hill International and the construction manager Bureau Veritas.

Tameer Towers is in SHAMS Abu Dhabi, the leading new development on Al Reem Island which is master-planned by Sorouh Real Estate PJSC. Home to 45,000 residents, SHAMS Abu Dhabi will be a completely new self-sustaining city based around canals and parks, which integrates world-class master planning practices and extends the lush green of Abu Dhabi’s landscape.

A key area of SHAMS Abu Dhabi will be Central Park, an 8.1 hectare landscaped open space with extensive recreational and educational offerings. Central Park will become a favoured destination for residents of both Al Reem Island and the city of Abu Dhabi and will undoubtedly take its place in the pantheon of great city parks

Commenting on the alliance, Dr. Abdallah Shaaban, Managing Director of Tameer Abu Dhabi said: “The innovative alliance concept is another pioneer concept adopted by Tameer in which all the partners within the alliance act as one with the main purpose of constructing the project with the utmost attention to quality, cost, and delivery. This innovative concept is new to this market and will mitigate many of the delay-resulting risks associated with claims, delays, and the rising costs of manpower and commodities in the UAE.”

With the foundation works currently being constructed by Arabian Foundations being well underway and progressing according to schedule, the joint venture is set to mobilize immediately.

“The alliance has confirmed the delivery date of June 2011 for the residential portion and December 2011 for the commercial portion” added Dr. Shaaban.

“We at Tameer take very seriously the challenge of delivering a top-quality product on time. The selection of this construction partner represents a giant step towards reaching our delivery goals, and will nicely complement the host of top-notch partners already working on the project;” Dr. Shaaban said.
Old November 10th, 2008, 05:49 PM   #68
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

[IMG]http://i33.************/21bki82.jpg[/IMG]
Old November 15th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #69
dubaiote

I think this is the best project on Reem Island!
Proof is that sales in this project remain robust, great marketing by Tameer...
dubaiote no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2009, 03:52 PM   #70
lovedubai

Tameer Towers awarded highest international property distinctions

Tameer Towers, the iconic Abu Dhabi development by leading regional property developer Tameer Holding Investment, has been awarded two International Property Awards in association with CNBC television and the New York Times, in an extravaganza gala dinner held at the Ritz-Carlton in Orlando, Florida.

Competing against reputed global contenders for the realty sector's highest accolades, Tameer Towers walked off with the 'Best High-Rise Development' and 'Best Developer Website' category awards, receiving an overwhelming standing ovation from the enthusiastic audience. This represents an unprecedented achievement in the region coming just after Tameer received six 5-star awards for the same project at the 2008 CNBC Arabian Property Awards.

Since their inception in 1995, the International Property Awards have grown to become the most prestigious in the global property market, attracting 4,000 entries this year from a record 97 different countries, more than twice as many as in 2007. The panel of judges for the awards comprised 45 highly-respected representatives from every area of the property world, and many of the judges represented well-established professional bodies from different countries.

Since its launch in 2007, the mixed-use Tameer Towers project has established itself as a landmark in Abu Dhabi, advancing itself as the pinnacle of luxury and innovation in the UAE capital. Located in the illustrious Shams Abu Dhabi district of Al Reem Island, between the Arabian Gulf and Sorouh Central Park, Tameer Towers features a masterpiece commercial tower, four innovative residential towers, luxurious stepped villas and townhouses, a serviced apartments building, a breathtaking canal, and promenade-lined retail and dining districts, in addition to a VIP marina.

In addition, Tameer Towers was the recipient of six distinctive 5-star awards in the regional CNBC Arabian Property Awards 2008 contest, including; 'Best Development - Abu Dhabi', 'Best Property - Abu Dhabi', 'Best Architecture (Multiple Units) - Abu Dhabi', 'Best High-Rise Architecture - Abu Dhabi', 'Best High-Rise Developments - Abu Dhabi', and 'Best Developer Website - Abu Dhabi'. It was winning these regional awards that qualified Tameer Towers for entry to the International Property Awards.
lovedubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:49 PM   #71
Maria-bzh

Message to all investors in Tameer Towers project -

Dear All,

As you know the financial crisis had a strong impact on our real estate investments. The prices in Abu Dhabi still going down... Some of the investors offering now for resale their units @ 1300 aed/sqft in almost completed buildings like Marina Blue - Al Reem ~Island.

We all invested our money in Tameer Towers on much higher prices ! In order to keep our investments we must act rapidly in negotiating new payments terms with Tameer.
A lot of investors in Dubai do succeed in negotiation with developers if they act together! A lot of developers change their old payment plans to a much easier ones!

If we act al together and threat Tameer to not make any new payments unless they set the new conditions, like :
- lower prices
- more flexible payment plan, etc

As our payment is coming shortly (5th of February 2009) we are planning to visit Tameer Offices in Dubai on Next week, starting from Sunday, the 25th of January at 3 pm.
Please, join us!

[email protected]
050 55 43 491
Maria-bzh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 04:09 PM   #72
Investoman_uae

Changing payment plans.. . maybe. . lowering prices... I dont think so.

Even if the payment plans change... wouldnt it mean perhaps that the completion date is pushed back? Or.... the price stays the same... so you are paying for an expensive property over 2 years or however long the contract is.

I bought in Time Towers... 1824/sqft... I saw some ppl selling at 1500/sqft... but i dnt think it is necessary to panick. People should not try to escape... but should continue to hold and wait.... if they can sustain it.

Otherwise... even if they dropped to 1200, 1100. . .will it guarantee a sale? People are afraid to buy anyway.... whatever the price is....

Inv/.
Investoman_uae no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 05:13 AM   #73
dubaiote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-bzh View Post
Message to all investors in Tameer Towers project -

Dear All,

As you know the financial crisis had a strong impact on our real estate investments. The prices in Abu Dhabi still going down... Some of the investors offering now for resale their units @ 1300 aed/sqft in almost completed buildings like Marina Blue - Al Reem ~Island.

We all invested our money in Tameer Towers on much higher prices ! In order to keep our investments we must act rapidly in negotiating new payments terms with Tameer.
A lot of investors in Dubai do succeed in negotiation with developers if they act together! A lot of developers change their old payment plans to a much easier ones!

If we act al together and threat Tameer to not make any new payments unless they set the new conditions, like :
- lower prices
- more flexible payment plan, etc

As our payment is coming shortly (5th of February 2009) we are planning to visit Tameer Offices in Dubai on Next week, starting from Sunday, the 25th of January at 3 pm.
Please, join us!

[email protected]
050 55 43 491

I invested in the project and totally support agree the claim. Unfortunately will not be around... Pls keep us informed about the outcome. Thanks
dubaiote no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 05:40 PM   #74
novancn

wow so luxury and sexy :-)
novancn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2009, 10:32 PM   #75
Freestyler

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investoman_uae View Post
Changing payment plans.. . maybe. . lowering prices... I dont think so.
imo, it is better to lower the price since construction costs have gone way down. Price should be discounted to at least to 20%, since steel has gone down 70% since its peak in June. 20% is not asking much, in fact, discount should be 40% imo.
Freestyler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 06:43 AM   #76
Investoman_uae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyler View Post
imo, it is better to lower the price since construction costs have gone way down. Price should be discounted to at least to 20%, since steel has gone down 70% since its peak in June. 20% is not asking much, in fact, discount should be 40% imo.
Tryin to convince a developer in UAE to lower sales prices is like talking to a wall. I wish they do reduce prices, but thats all it is now, a wish.

Inv.
Old January 31st, 2009, 11:43 AM   #77
dubaithevilla

Tameer Towers

I paid 2,400/sft and there is no way i can sell the unit. So why paying good money after bad money ? I will consider the down payment money lost and will start again somewhere else and will very very cautious next time. A well learned lesson
dubaithevilla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2009, 07:33 PM   #78
Investoman_uae

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaithevilla View Post
I paid 2,400/sft and there is no way i can sell the unit. So why paying good money after bad money ? I will consider the down payment money lost and will start again somewhere else and will very very cautious next time. A well learned lesson
So you're not going ahead with payin the rest ?? U boght at tameer towers ha?

Inv.
Old January 31st, 2009, 10:50 PM   #79
lovedubai

The situation re-selling is dire. We've been told that there is no point in even listing the apartment at any price as nothing is selling. We are willing to take a loss and sell at 1600 psf but it's impossible to sell at all. A lot of money is going to be lost by a lot of people in Abu Dhabi
lovedubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2009, 05:15 PM   #80
Investoman_uae

I disagree.... I think if people are capable of continuing the payments as long as the price is around 2000/sqft (not more).... then when the completion takes place.... in say 2 years time.... the property will be worth it.

If they cant continue the payments,..... due to the high value of the property.... then thats a problem.

I think Abu Dhabi is in a much better shape than Dubai.... and will be in an even better shape in 12 - 18 months.

Thats my 2 pennies.

Inv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
abu dhabi, al reem island