MIHAN Project - SEZ Update Thread - Page 129 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > West > West/Central India Projects > Maharashtra > Nagpur

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 23rd, 2017, 04:16 AM   #2561
nano_19
nano_19

Likes (Received): 25

Infosys starts wirk from Nagpur campus

- Infy starts operations from last week
- Around 250 people working at present, 100 deputed from Pune DC
- Starts with software development, unlike BPO (TCS started with BPO)

Source - Lokmat, 23 March 2017, pg 10

Any other updates will be appreciated!
nano_19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 23rd, 2017, 04:31 AM   #2562
nano_19
nano_19

Infosys starts work from Nagpur campus

Old March 23rd, 2017, 05:28 AM   #2563
AshishG

Likes (Received): 4

Great going..Thanks Nano for update..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nano_19 View Post

AshishG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 28th, 2017, 08:23 AM   #2564
nano_19
nano_19

$10Bn chip manufacturing unit near Nagpur

After his surprise $2.4 billion share purchase in miner Anglo American, Vedanta chairman Anil Agarwal is in talks to source technology from “good friend“ De Beers for India just as he negotiates with Korean chaebol LG for a $10 billion chip manufacturing facility (fab) in Nagpur, initiatives that the Bihar-born businessman believes will help pare the country's import bill.
“We have taken a 13% position in the company (Anglo American). They are very good friends. We want the technology that they have, which nobody has in the world. India has tremendous potential in diamond, gold, platinum, copper and iron ore and it is such a big market,“ Agarwal told TOI on the sidelines of ET's Global Business Summit. “We will save foreign exchange. So, that is the vision.We make friends with them here. So that is the plan.“

Agarwal had stunned the business world with his share purchase in Anglo American, one of the world's top five miners and owner of the largest diamond producer De Beers. On plans to increase his stake further in the company , he said: “One thing at a time. We have taken this position and beyond that I will not say anything. I will not talk hypothetically .“ He indicated that his group was not averse to taking charge of a diamond mine in Madhya Pradesh that was given up by Rio Tinto.

Agarwal is also moving quickly with his plans to set up the country's first chip manufacturing facility -also known as fabrication or fab unit -that will manufacture integrated circuits, a key component of every mobile phone, computer and TV sets. “There is so much demand for televisions, phones, computers. The glass for all these is imported. We are looking at manufacturing these here.“ Vedanta is in talks with LG for the fab unit. “Process is on and within three months we will announce how we are progressing.The investment will be ours.Others will also come in".

Nitin Gadkari talked about this for a while sometime back. No news after that. This article rekindles the hope. If it gets through, this will be a game changer. Govt. of Maharashtra would have to offer lots of soaps to keep the investor happy. All the best Nagpur :

Wright_ngp_atlanta liked this post
Old March 29th, 2017, 08:47 AM   #2565
nano_19
nano_19

Reliance plans to make Falcon parts in MIHAN

Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG), which plans to enter defence production plans, will begin with a business jet instead.

It will first make nose cones for the Falcon 2000, the business jet made by France's Dassault, at Mihan SEZ. ADAG group company Reliance Aerostructure Ltd has been allotted 104 acres land at SEZ being developed by Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC).

Sources said there production of the nose cones would begin on an area of 1800 square metres in Mihan land by December this year. It would later be expanded by adding new hangars. There are plans to start manufacturing the entire Falcon 2000 in 2-5 years, said a source closely involved with the development. Sources said this was too short a duration in terms of size of the plans.

Despite having ambitious plans, ADAG is yet to clear Rs38 crore dues towards SEZ's land cost. The final lease agreement for the land will not be signed by MADC until the dues are cleared. Reliance wants MADC to first construct an over 1km runway connecting the existing runway with its land. MADC is insisting Reliance should reach at least half way on its project so it gets some assurance that it was serious.

"Constructing runway involves a major investment and MADC being a government company cannot go-ahead with the work without any concrete development on ADAG's side," said a source. Sources in Reliance said the first batch of professionals to be trained in the technology for Falcon 2000 will be reaching France in a month. This will be followed by other batches soon.

After Dassault signed a deal to sell 36 Rafale aircraft for Indian Air Force, the French company has entered into a joint venture with ADAG to execute the offsets arising out of the deal. Projects under the offset deal would begin with making components for the aircraft. A majority of work will be undertaken at Mihan site covering an area of 64 acres.

Reliance was allotted 289 acres in 2015 when it announced a Rs6500 crore Dhirubhai Ambani Aerospace Park at Mihan. The requirement was later reduced to 104 acres for which a payment of Rs38 crore is due.

This was touted as the biggest investment in Mihan until Patanjali's food park for which land has been given both within and outside the SEZ.

Source:http://www.defencenews.in/article/Ma...-Mihan--251237
Old March 29th, 2017, 12:00 PM   #2566
coolvs

Likes (Received): 15

Another edu institute on Wardha road as govt allots land for NIPER

Wardha Road is going to be next big education hub now with the Maharashtra government allotting yet another national-level institution on the land near it. The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) would be starting its operations from Kaladongri near Mihan.

NIPER would be sixth top level institution on the Wardha Road, after AIIMS, IIM, IIIT, MNLU, and GCOE. According to the city educationists, Wardha Road would be one of the most sought after destinations for pursuing higher education in the country, once all of them commence operations.

Sources from the office of joint director of technical education in Nagpur attributed the change in place of NIPER to top pharma industries like Glenmark and Zim Laboratories, coming up at Mihan. Already pharmacy major Lupin is operating at Special Economic Zone (SEZ) of Mihan and has massive expansion plans.
coolvs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 06:54 PM   #2567
ShriK

Likes (Received): 11

Infosys Nagpur DC Pics

radioactive, _GrapeWine_ liked this post
ShriK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 07:00 PM   #2568
ShriK

Likes (Received): 11

Infosys, HCL

Infosys - Only 1 building, looks like having capacity of 100 is fully built. Unable to check if there is any construction going on, but workers were there.. No cranes were seen from outside.

HCL - Construction is in full swing for 2-3 buildings including a circular shape building looks like reception area.
ShriK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 11:14 PM   #2569
radioactive

Likes (Received): 56

Gr8 going Nagpur. For Infosys, construction is going on for further buildings as well as per news from our official Yammer page. We have started with one account now from Nagpur in Retail unit with 20+ team members. Lets hope for the best and Nagpur will soon become an IT hub...
radioactive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2017, 08:03 PM   #2570
jateenb
Jateen

Likes (Received): 18

Dont ask me for any reference for this news.One of my friend in Cognizant has confirmed that he was asked if he want to join Cognizant Nagpur office. Cognizant will have their Nagpur office in next 2 yrs... This is so exciting...................

radioactive, _GrapeWine_ liked this post
jateenb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2017, 05:59 AM   #2571
Wright_ngp_atlanta

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jateenb View Post
Dont ask me for any reference for this news.One of my friend in Cognizant has confirmed that he was asked if he want to join Cognizant Nagpur office. Cognizant will have their Nagpur office in next 2 yrs... This is so exciting...................
Don't ask reference. .lol..
Wright_ngp_atlanta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2017, 04:14 PM   #2572
nagpur indians

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
100% fake news..
nagpur indians no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2017, 11:57 PM   #2573
Wright_ngp_atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagpur indians View Post
100% fake news..
Do you have any reference. .lol..
Before calling a cooked up statement as fake..lol
Old April 10th, 2017, 09:48 AM   #2574
radioactive

Likes (Received): 56

Quote:
Thanks Jateen for sharing details.

GUys, we are here to share information. So please don't say that provided information is fake until and unless we have any strong proof.

siddhant4u liked this post
radioactive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2017, 05:05 AM   #2575
_GrapeWine_

Likes (Received): 408

Went to Mihan yesterday. Saw HCL construction.

radioactive, lurky liked this post
_GrapeWine_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2017, 12:10 PM   #2576
lurky
♠◘•

Likes (Received): 227

source
lurky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2017, 06:09 AM   #2577
_GrapeWine_

Lupin

lurky liked this post
Old April 17th, 2017, 06:28 AM   #2578
_GrapeWine_

Companies in small industries area:

SmartData:

New u/c building:

lurky liked this post
Old April 17th, 2017, 06:37 AM   #2579
_GrapeWine_

Tech Mahindra building looks well done.

lurky liked this post
Old April 17th, 2017, 02:06 PM   #2580
Wright_ngp_atlanta

Thanks Grapewine for the high Quality pics..
Observations-
Few Pros: Good to see active construction at HCL and Infosys Site even in 45 degree heat
IT employment set for a leap in 2017-2018
Folks typically start construction post summer and hence this is giving a positive head start for the august sept season when we can expect companies like Reliance and Patanjaliand Institutions (IIM,AIIMS) to do start construction.(I realize that Patanjali is having PIL issues with their allotment and check bounce case which can be related..)

Cons:
The building of Tech Mahindra doesn't justify the land they took (142 acres). These buildings could have been built in a plot size of 15-20 acre and hence the long term plans look fishy
The overall infrastructure at Mihan seems to be needing some work ( roads and pavements look damaged, needing paint/patch work), grass/weeds trimmed etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
nagpur