LAGOS | ‎Wings Towers | Commercial | 17 fl x2 | U/C - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > West Africa > Nigeria > Urbanism related discussions > Regional Developments > South West

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 21st, 2010, 04:11 AM   #1
GAR3TH
Student Architect جاريث

Likes (Received): 803

LAGOS | ‎Wings Towers | Commercial | 17 fl x2 | U/C

[IMG]http://i39.************/jv2ick.jpg[/IMG]

Quote:
Name: Wings Towers
Category: Commercial Buildings
Structure: Reinforced Concrete/Pre-Stressed Concrete
Date: 2007

Description: Two Commercial Buildings comprising 14 upper floors and 3 parking levels built on an embankment facing the sea.

"We're Americans, we don't quit just 'cause we're wrong! We just keep doing the wrong thing 'till it turns out right!" - Boondocks
GAR3TH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 21st, 2010, 04:18 AM   #2
scholes0
Purely 9ja.

Likes (Received): 0

when 'll it b approved
Old March 22nd, 2010, 04:23 AM   #3
oga_naija

Likes (Received): 211

lord please let them build this
oga_naija no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 24th, 2010, 05:47 PM   #4
abesha
BANNED

Likes (Received): 534

Nice project.
abesha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #5
Tbite
Expert

Towers are 62 metres high and have over 40,000 Square Metres of office space. General Contractor is well established construction company ITB, who have built many towers in Lagos such as the Eko Towers and the Ocean Parade Towers in Banana Island.

Additional Rendering

I don't know if it has been approved or if it is U/C, but it is definitely a serious proposal at the very least.

Last edited by Tbite; February 7th, 2012 at 09:42 AM.
Tbite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #6
Tbite
Expert

The project seems to have evolved..and there is a lot of discrepancy in the GLA

Quote:
Project Description:
2 Blocks of 15 storeys each with approx 54,000sqm Gross Building Area Project Components:
Land Area of 5,300 sqm Grade 'A' commercial space along the waterfront Project Location: Ozumba Mbadiwe Road
From Avantepams

Quote:
Wings Office Towers is an A-grade commercial building in Victoria Island, Lagos, comprising two towers and a total of approximately 25 500m2 lettable office space. Victoria Island is situated between Lagos Island and the Lekki Peninsula in the Lagos Lagoon – one of Nigeria’s most exclusive addresses.
A number of key milestones have been achieved so far, including the drafting and execution of key transactions documents; regulatory approval for the project and an extension of the land lease. Next steps include: further deployment of local partners’ equity contribution to the project; the transfer of the project land into the in-country development company; and the conclusion of senior debt agreements.
From RMBWestport

Last edited by Tbite; May 29th, 2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old June 21st, 2013, 04:23 AM   #7
Tbite
Expert

PILING HAS COMMENCED

Piling has commenced.

Quote:
Piling commences on the Wings Office Towers
April 2 in Lagos, Nigeria
Wings Office Towers is an A-grade commercial building in Victoria Island, Lagos, comprising two towers and a total of approximately 25 500m2 lettable office space. Victoria Island is situated between Lagos Island and the Lekki Peninsula in the Lagos Lagoon – one of Nigeria’s most exclusive addresses.
Source
Old December 5th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #8
Tbite
Expert

RMB aims high with Nigeria office development

BY ALISTAIR ANDERSON, 05 DECEMBER 2013, 09:31

Quote:

Rand Merchant Bank. Picture: MARTIN RHODES

INVESTMENT group Rand Merchant Bank (RMB) on Wednesday committed to jointly fund a major $182m A-grade office development in Lagos, Nigeria.

This is one of the few A-grade office developments in the country.

RMB will fund 50% of the Wings Oando Development, consisting of two high-rise office towers, located on Victoria Island, between Lagos Island and the Lekki Peninsula.

The other 50% will be funded by Standard Bank. RMB Westport Real Estate Development Fund, which is a South Africa-based property fund associated with RMB, will develop and manage Wings Oando.

South African property companies have been slow to enter Nigeria. Resilient Property Income Fund is the only listed South African property group which is developing malls in the country already.

Private equity group Actis is also involved in developments.

RMB and Standard Bank committed to $100m of development and long-term debt funding for the 25,500m² office development.

Each of the two office towers would offer space of more than 12,000m², one of which would be let to Oando — the largest indigenous oil company in Nigeria.

"Providing debt funding for the Wings Oando Development is part of RMB’s ongoing strategy of working closely with local and international clients to provide financial solutions for real estate projects across sub-Saharan Africa," RMB real estate investment banking head Simon Fifield said.

"Over the past three years, we have funded more than 10 high-profile property developments in six sub-Saharan countries, with a total commitment of over $200m. Our expertise in Africa and knowledge of local real estate markets means we have been presented with many further opportunities," he said.

"This development represents our commitment to use our expertise and resources to support landmark projects in Nigeria," he said.

RMB Nigeria CE Michael Larbie said that with the launch of RMB’s Nigerian arm, it expected to structure and fund more projects in real estate and across other sectors of the Nigerian economy.

The Wings Oando building complex was expected to be completed by March 2016. "The RMB Westport Real Estate Development Fund, a $250m fund affiliated with RMB, is providing equity to this development. The development management will be led by the RMB Westport team," Michael O’Malley, CEO of RMB Westport, said.

RMB Westport also has projects in Ghana and Angola.

Mr O’Malley expected financial institutions and multinationals would take up space in the Wings Oando development.

Jay Padayatchi, director at Meago Asset Managers, said RMB had done its homework. "RMB have over the years realised, I suppose along with the other local and international banks, that Africa offers great growth opportunities, especially in the high-growth states," he said.

He said there would be considerable demand for premium-grade office space like that being developed by RMB-Westport.

"I am certain that this won’t be their last foray into office development in Nigeria. Whilst Nigeria may be fraught with complexities such as weak infrastructure and bureaucracy, the benefits clearly outweigh the risks in this case," he said.
Source

Rendering

Groundbreaking Dec 2013 Courtesy of Q21 Solutions

Last edited by Tbite; April 22nd, 2014 at 12:59 PM.
Old March 6th, 2014, 01:45 PM   #9
Tbite
Expert

More renders courtesy of Stauch Vorster

Quote:
The Concept and massing of the scheme was inherited from a scheme produced by ITB Nigeria who is a Construction company with a Turn-Key capability. Standard Bank and RMB Westport became the principal shareholders in the SPV but in order to facilitate board approval a team was assembled to do a Due Diligence Report. This report revealed a number of opportunities for improved design and economy. The scheme had already achieved Local Council approval which could be retained provided the overall aesthetic, massing and bulk was not altered from the original
A new scheme was designed retaining the Local Council approval and incorporating changes geared at improving efficiencies, facilitating board approval of Standard Bank and RMB Westport. The Building features Glass curtain wall Twin Towers on a podium of parking sited on Victoria Island overlooking Five Cowrie Creek. The Offices will be occupied by Oando who will occupy one of the towers with the other being offered for multi-tenant use.
Source
Old April 22nd, 2014, 01:29 PM   #10
Tbite
Expert

Courtesy of RMB Westport

Construction Update

Naija-in-JP, Naijaborn liked this post
Old June 13th, 2014, 03:07 PM   #11
Tbite
Expert

edit
Old July 6th, 2014, 11:22 PM   #12
Naija-in-JP

Likes (Received): 1772

I was in this area today! however, difficult to take photo.

The progress is going on, however not at the pace as I had expected.
Sorry couldn't take photos.

The police guys around this road leading towards the America embassy warned me not to take any photos.
Naija-in-JP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2014, 11:35 PM   #13
Tegh7

Likes (Received): 433

Why would he warn you against taking photos? Is it that close to the embassy?
Tegh7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 12:42 AM   #14
Tbite
Expert

Tegh...it seems you are not a Nigerian.

Nigeria has ALWAYS been a photo shy country. Naija you should have taken the photo anyway, when they were not looking.

Policemen in Nigeria has always been like that, it is nothing new. I remember one individual even stopped my uncle from taking a photo of Mr Biggs! These guys are not serious. Sometimes you can even get away with it, by saying "Just one second".
Old July 7th, 2014, 12:55 AM   #15
Naija-in-JP

Likes (Received): 1772

Yeah! It's a big deal over here in Nigeria for taking photos.

Some local areas boys hanging around the Eko Atlantic city almost
beat up the taxis driver for trying to drive me to the site.

I will be more careful next time with camera.

Crazy!!!
Naija-in-JP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 01:56 AM   #16
oga_naija

Likes (Received): 211

Seems like everyone is in Lagos right now. I drove past a few construction sites today. Seems to be that quite a few of the construction sites are moving slowly.

Also it seems to be a lot of stuff going on that's not on this site. There is quite a few construction sites around the Lekki mall too.
oga_naija no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 02:08 AM   #17
Tegh7

Likes (Received): 433

Quote:
Originally Posted by oga_naija View Post

Also it seems to be a lot of stuff going on that's not on this site.
I have aways thought so. For obvious reasons, It's quite challenging keeping a lid on all construction projects going on in Lagos, never mind the whole country.

Last edited by Tegh7; July 7th, 2014 at 02:24 AM.
Tegh7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 02:21 AM   #18
That Igbo Boy

Likes (Received): 719

Yeah there is whole lot of construction going on that is not on this site I was in Naija last December for Christmas holidays the whole of Lagos was littered with cranes I taught Houston Texas was experiencing a construction boom by number of cranes going up but it is really nothing compared to the share number I saw in Lagos.

Naija-in-JP, ILoveAbuja liked this post
That Igbo Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 10:46 PM   #19
Tbite
Expert

Quote:
Seems like everyone is in Lagos right now. I drove past a few construction sites today. Seems to be that quite a few of the construction sites are moving slowly.

Also it seems to be a lot of stuff going on that's not on this site. There is quite a few construction sites around the Lekki mall too.

That has always been the case. Which is why I have always hoped we would get more forumers that are based in Nigeria and interested in this kind of thing. Like the way things are in other forums such as the South African one.

Naija-in-JP liked this post
Old July 7th, 2014, 11:47 PM   #20
keplar

Likes (Received): 115

Quote:

So where are the pictures ?
You guys are on ground and you refuse to help us out here only to 'taunt' us

For example, i have some information + pictures of the most aesthetically looking building in CBD of Abuja, (10fl+) i have refused to post it and i don't 'taunt' you guys (except this time obviously, +am not actually taunting you guys)

Btw, it annoys me to see most of Lagos new office building are 15 floors, the Lagos Planning guys should NOT approve any more 15 fl buildings, they should make it minimum of 23 floors, for twin towers (15 fl x2 ) they should make it a single 30 building.
Else they should leave our Lagos the way it is
For this it should be 17 *2 = 34

Can you imagine we don't really have tall buildings in Lagos

ekema, Naija-in-JP, Simfan34 liked this post

Last edited by keplar; July 7th, 2014 at 11:54 PM.
keplar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement