San Jos้ Development News - Page 73 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > West Coast and Interior West > Local Forums > San Francisco Bay Area

San Francisco Bay Area » projects and proposals | transportation and infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 22nd, 2013, 10:49 PM   #1441
jbush81

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawz View Post
I would love to see something like that on the Boston Properties land by the discovery museum.
Exactly, that would be a perfect place for something like this. That would be like a signature gateway to Downtown San Jose from the south.

Build something like that and I bet they could get a hip, high-flying tech company to lease it.

We can dream right?
jbush81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:25 AM   #1442
SJSharks DowntownGuy
Go Sharks!!

Likes (Received): 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbush81 View Post
San Jose needs someone to build something unique, like this:

Check out the link at the bottom for more pictures. It's not tall but its unique, not all buildings need to be tall to make an impact.

http://freshome.com/2013/05/20/organ...-garden-hotel/
That is fantastic!! Would loved inspired design like that in downtown San Jose.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 03:33 AM   #1443
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 12121

Quote:
San Jose needs someone to build something unique, like this:

Check out the link at the bottom for more pictures. It's not tall but its unique, not all buildings need to be tall to make an impact.

http://freshome.com/2013/05/20/organ...-garden-hotel/
Definitely interesting and unique because it has a lot of open space at street level. Perhaps a building like that on Santa Clara Street would work, but it can be placed close to either St. James' Square or along Stevens Creek Boulevard.

Pittsburg • Piedmont • Petaluma • Palo Alto • Pacifica • Orinda • Oakley
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2013, 05:53 PM   #1444
pesto

Likes (Received): 3917

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrhunski View Post
Only 1 million sq. ft. on 57 acres? I guess this is just the beginning even if a lot will be left undeveloped.
pesto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:04 PM   #1445
pesto

Likes (Received): 3917

Quote:
InvenSense takes big San Jose lease at former Brocade HQ

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/n...-san-jose.html
Interesting. Seems to continue the trend of the large or expanding companies moving to low to midrise in the undeveloped suburbs with smaller companies filling in their old digs in town.
pesto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:18 PM   #1446
bobby_guz_man

Likes (Received): 658

Here comes the NIMBYS of Alviso to put an end to all good things in N1

http://news.theregistrysf.com/develo...isco-property/
bobby_guz_man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:47 AM   #1447
krudmonk
sucks

Likes (Received): 96

Wow, warehousing and offices should really take advantage of proximity to the new stadium...
krudmonk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 02:53 AM   #1448
SJSharks DowntownGuy
Go Sharks!!

Two things... First I saw the pre ration for the Market/Reed project now called The Pierce. Very urban 7 story 230 luxury unit apartment complex with heavy neighborhood input. They want to possibly put in artist spaces to connect the west side of market with SOFA. I think this project will be a hit and the plans are being submitted to the city tomorrow. I don't have any renderings to share yet.

Also being re-submitted tomorrow is the revised Hampton Inn renderings which have change. It will now be 8 stories with the first 2 floors creating the base, updated from only one. I have not seen these renderings yet, but the changes include removing the cornices from the roof and a bit more of a diverse design. We'll see, but height addition already improves the project.
Old May 24th, 2013, 02:54 AM   #1449
SJSharks DowntownGuy
Go Sharks!!

Two things... First I saw the renderings for the Market/Reed project now called The Pierce. Very urban 7 story 230 luxury unit apartment complex with heavy neighborhood input. They want to possibly put in artist spaces to connect the west side market street with SOFA. I think this project will be a hit and the plans are being submitted to the city tomorrow. I don't have any renderings to share yet.

Also being re-submitted tomorrow is the revised Hampton Inn renderings which have change. It will now be 8 stories with the first 2 floors creating the base, updated from only one. I have not seen these renderings yet, but the changes include removing the cornices from the roof and a bit more of a diverse design. We'll see, but height addition already improves the project.
Old May 24th, 2013, 03:03 AM   #1450
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Double post, eh? But I'm curious on a few things:

• The revised Hampton Inn layout will have two floors as its base. Aside from a lobby and concierge on the ground floor, what will be placed on the second floor, if not hotel rooms? Hopefully, it will host to a small commercial center or convention rooms that will provide additional rental space for the city, if not a venue for meetings...

• @krudmonk indeed. But why warehouses when the Earthquakes Stadium would host more people watching events rather than a good-sized commercial district full of shops, restaurants, and hotels? Yes, I'm for the offices, but I think warehouses can be co-located with the rest of the high-tech campuses on N First Street and its environs. It's like, I wonder what types of warehouses are we referring to in this case...

Old May 24th, 2013, 04:15 AM   #1451
robertee

Likes (Received): 1442

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharks DowntownGuy View Post
Two things... First I saw the renderings for the Market/Reed project now called The Pierce. Very urban 7 story 230 luxury unit apartment complex with heavy neighborhood input. They want to possibly put in artist spaces to connect the west side market street with SOFA. I think this project will be a hit and the plans are being submitted to the city tomorrow. I don't have any renderings to share yet.

Thanks for the update, looking forward to seeing how these two projects turn out. Have you seen any renderings/drawings of phase I of NSP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
• @krudmonk indeed. But why warehouses when the Earthquakes Stadium would host more people watching events rather than a good-sized commercial district full of shops, restaurants, and hotels? Yes, I'm for the offices, but I think warehouses can be co-located with the rest of the high-tech campuses on N First Street and its environs. It's like, I wonder what types of warehouses are we referring to in this case...
Krudmonk and the SVBJ article are referencing the 49ers stadium which is relatively close to Alviso, not the Quakes stadium.
robertee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 05:36 AM   #1452
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertee View Post
Krudmonk and the SVBJ article are referencing the 49ers stadium which is relatively close to Alviso, not the Quakes stadium.
Oops, I must've misread that since there are two stadia under construction right now. I believe that indeed, warehouses should be built close to Levi's Stadium; the only thing is, what about Bay preservation? How will it impact natural restoration of the San Francisco Bay in the process?

Old May 24th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #1453
SJSharks DowntownGuy
Go Sharks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertee View Post

Thanks for the update, looking forward to seeing how these two projects turn out. Have you seen any renderings/drawings of phase I of NSP?
Nothing as of yet.
Old May 24th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #1454
SantaTeresaHills
Enough of Flatlands

Likes (Received): 43

A Silicon Valley Business Journal has an article about the tax benefits to Santa Clara County from getting the Super Bowl.

The bottom part of the article has this:

Boston Properties may be unloading 303 Almaden in San Jose, but the huge REIT will likely hold on to its 3.6 acres next door, where it’s entitled for 850,000 square feet of office.
I first reported Boston Properties’ potential exit from downtown online May 1. Sam Liccardo, who recently met with executives, told me he expects the development site to remain with BXP. “The question is: What will it resemble?” he said.
While downtown office space has been sluggish, the residential rental market there is red-hot. So is hospitality, with a number of hotel trades and a new development being proposed for the area. That begs the question of whether Boston might seek to reconfigure the site for something else.
Liccardo declined to speculate, but added: “I’m hopeful we may see a proposal from them in the coming months.” Stay tuned.
SantaTeresaHills no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #1455
SantaTeresaHills
Enough of Flatlands

Likes (Received): 43

From the Planning Director's Hearing Agenda for next week:

PD12-019. Planned Development Permit to allow construction of up to approximately
675,000 square feet of office, 8,200 square feet of retail, and a 4-story parking structure on
an approximately 30 gross acre site in the A(PD) Planned Development Zoning District,
located on the west side of Coleman Avenue approximately 600 feet northlery of Newhall
Drive (former FMC site)

That is the first part of the development between the proposed Santa Clara BART station and the San Jose Earthquakes Stadium.

Tentative Map to consolidate two parcels into one condominium lot for a
high-rise mixed-use project containing 347 residential units and approximately
11,353 square feet of retail/commercial on a 1.258 gross acre site in the DC
Downtown Core Zoning District, located at the block bounded by W. St. John
Street, N. Almaden Avenue, Carlysle Street, and Notre Dame Street (Livingston
Block Inc, Owner).

This is the Centerra project. Interesting that it states 11,353 sq feet of retail/commercial instead of 7000 that has been reported recently.
SantaTeresaHills no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #1456
jawz

Likes (Received): 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaTeresaHills;[I
“I’m hopeful we may see a proposal from them in the coming months.” Stay tuned.[/I]
I hope he is right.
jawz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:45 PM   #1457
SJSharks DowntownGuy
Go Sharks!!

New Justice center breaking ground soon... http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/n...-san-jose.html

I can't seem to upload the image... if someone else can, it looks decent. 8 stories tall.
Old May 25th, 2013, 01:25 AM   #1458
JoshuaSantos
thesanjoseblog.com

Likes (Received): 61

The 11,353 is retail/commercial so it probably includes the leasing office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaTeresaHills View Post
From the Planning Director's Hearing Agenda for next week:

Tentative Map to consolidate two parcels into one condominium lot for a
high-rise mixed-use project containing 347 residential units and approximately
11,353 square feet of retail/commercial on a 1.258 gross acre site in the DC
Downtown Core Zoning District, located at the block bounded by W. St. John
Street, N. Almaden Avenue, Carlysle Street, and Notre Dame Street (Livingston
Block Inc, Owner).

This is the Centerra project. Interesting that it states 11,353 sq feet of retail/commercial instead of 7000 that has been reported recently.
Old May 25th, 2013, 02:10 AM   #1459
robertee

Likes (Received): 1442

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharks DowntownGuy View Post
New Justice center breaking ground soon... http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/n...-san-jose.html

I can't seem to upload the image... if someone else can, it looks decent. 8 stories tall.
Here's the pic from the article:

View from Devine St.

Here's the rendering from the court website:

View from 1st & St. James
robertee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:25 AM   #1460
krudmonk
sucks

Likes (Received): 96

krudmonk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement