MANILA | Ayala-Tutuban Commercial Center [mix] - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Metro Manila Projects on the Rise > Manila City and the rest of the Metro

Manila City and the rest of the Metro For projects in Manila City, Caloocan, Las Piñas, Malabon, Muntinlupa, Navotas, Parañaque, Pasay, Pateros and Valenzuela

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 6th, 2011, 04:18 PM   #1
maniLaboy_me

Likes (Received): 32

MANILA | Ayala-Tutuban Commercial Center [mix]

Tutuban as a brand, not just a destination
By Rose De La Cruz (The Philippine Star) Updated March 21, 2011

MANILA, Philippines - A redevelopment plan for the former Tutuban Mall, which shall be called “Tutuban Commercial Center” from now on, has been unveiled to its current lessees and tenants in a grand cocktail held last March 11 at the TMX Multipurpose Hall of this popular bargain center in Manila. Once completed, Tutuban will no longer be interchanged with Divisoria but will already be a brand in itself.
The redevelopment plan is in preparation of the renewal of the 25-year lease in 2014 by the Philippine National Railways (PNR), which helped shape this new concept as PNR also plans to open this June its Bicol line and by first quarter next year, its Tarlac or La Union line.
According to Ernesto Hilario, Business Development Officer of Prime Orion Philippines, Inc. (POPI), the investment holding company that handles Tutuban Propeties, Inc., the expansion totaling 11.5 hectares will cover the Tayuman side and will be a complete mixed-use development that includes commercial and hospitality establishments. It is also envisioned to be a strip mall just like Bonifacio High Street in the Fort Bonifacio Global City with one whole street devoted to malls. “This is something like Chinese Binondo strip since most of the vendors will be second generation and business-educated Filipino-Chinese,” he said.
The existing 8.5 hectares of Tutuban Commercial Center, which will now be known as the only upgraded bagsakan center operating 24/7, will also be renovated and a six or seven-story tower will rise in the unused portions of the property to house commercial stalls on the first two floors, a recreation and entertainment center in the third floor and the top three or four stories will be 250-room budget hotel for viajeros who will be bringing their goods to the bagsakan center. Also envisioned in this site are clusters of review centers for graduates of architecture, engineering, nursing, and others who are preparing for their board exams.
The bagsakan will be for fresh fruits, both here and abroad — since there is no known bagsakan for fruits in Manila except the pricey retail stores in San Marcelino — and as clamored by residents from both Divisoria and Tayuman sides will also contain wet and dry goods, Hilario said. There will also be an “auto” strip just like in Banawe and for motorcycles, same as that found along 8th Avenue in Caloocan City. “Motoring shows and other auto-related events can be held here.”
“What is exciting is I am positioning the new Tutuban as an intermodal terminal hub. If we have an Araneta terminal in Cubao we will replicate it here because we have all the spaces for buses, vans and jeeps. What Araneta does not have that we do is the PNR train,” Hilario said.
The company will also lobby for the extension of LRT Line 2 to run from Recto to Tutuban Commercial Center on the way to Port Area coming from Pasig. “They have a plan to extend it until the pier and the first spot after Recto is our property,” Hilario added.
Funds for the redevelopment will be basically coming from internal savings but the company is also looking at the possibility of public offerings for the Tutuban brand since POPI, the mother company, is already listed with the Philippine Stock Exchange.
Tutuban Commercial Center has six buildings with two clusters, two center malls, one parking mall and one main block mall. It also has the most number of security personnel in the entire property and a total of 2,000 tenants. The company will also renovate the current mall. “I would want to make Tutuban as a brand and not just a location. Because now when you talk about Tutuban it connotes affordable bargains,” he said.
Tenants in the existing clusters may choose to stay but have the option to open a new store in the expansion area. The new development will focus on the higher-end and younger market, which Hilario said can attract the new breed of Chinese merchants, particularly those who finished business courses in either Ateneo or La Salle.

maniLaboy_me no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 6th, 2011, 04:44 PM   #2
maniLaboy_me

Tutuban Mall sets P1.5-B redevelopment

By BERNIE CAHILES-MAGKILAT
March 14, 2011, 11:03pm
MANILA, Philippines – The Tutuban Mall, the wholesale and retail shopping hub, has announced a major facelift including the development of additional 11.5-hectare property to create a sprawling 20 hectare mix-use commercial center right at the heart of the City of Manila.

Ernesto Hilario, Tutuban Mall business development manager, told reporters at the project launch that the 11.5 hectare-new development will feature commercial areas but also hospitality amenities that would operate on a 24/7 basis.

“We would like to capture the younger market, particularly the students. We are also positioning for the younger Binondo Chinese,” Hilario said.

Part of the plan is the construction of six-story budget hotel, a review center hub and a fresh produce area with estimated initial project cost of P1.5 billion.

“There is no new hotel near here for the accommodation of traders. The nearest hotel would be Manila Opera House and Manila Hotel,” he said. It would be a 250-room hotel.

The review center hub hopes to attract the review centers for board exams scattered around the Claro M. Recto area into one new place.

The new development would also include an ‘Auto City’ or an ‘upgraded Banaue’ where all the automotive showrooms and services are located. There would also be a specific area for motorcycle displays.

Another area would be devoted to a strip mall, which would be developed similar to the Bonifacio Hi-Street to cater to the new generation of ‘Binondo Chinese’.

Hilario, however, said that the new Tutuban Commercial Mall would still retain its symbol as a wholesale and retail market. It has six existing buildings.

The Center Mall would be devoted to the retail market.

The night market in Tutuban, which used to be seasonal, is now on a 365 days a year.

According to Hilario, 50 percent of the new development would be alloted to roads and open spaces to make it more convenient for shoppers, a lesson they learned from the construction of the existing Tutuban mall.

The Tutuban redevelopment also envisioned the creation of an intermodal terminal hub being the home to Philippine National Railways.
Hilario said they are going to get more traffic once the PNR starts its full operation for northern and southern routes. The PNR Bicol line will start in June and the Tarlac line in the first quarter of 2012.

“Although the Binondo-Divisoria is already huge market,” he said.

The management has already started talking with existing tenants. It has an existing 2,000 tenants.

The mall is owned by Tutuban Properties Inc., which is wholly-owned by publicly-listed firm Prime Orion Philippines Inc.

The management is trying to position Tutuban as a brand, not a destination to be able to capture the image of affordability and quality products.

“The redevelopment of the Tutuban Mall is going to change the landscape of wholesale and retail marketing and further metamorphose into a more dynamic and progressive shopping hub in the country,” Hilario said.
Old July 6th, 2011, 05:42 PM   #3
muchosan
MUCHO BANNȆDIDO

Likes (Received): 1846

^__________^

Mucho Bannedido
SSC's Construction INSIDER
muchosan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 6th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #4
hugodiekonig
Hyugo Korol'

Likes (Received): 92615

it is about time for divisoria to have some piece of 'class' at least options are growing. At this way also tutuban could be as bustling again as before
Old July 6th, 2011, 07:51 PM   #5
hugodiekonig
Hyugo Korol'

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniLaboy_me View Post

Tutuban as a brand, not just a destination
By Rose De La Cruz (The Philippine Star) Updated March 21, 2011

MANILA, Philippines - A redevelopment plan for the former Tutuban Mall, which shall be called “Tutuban Commercial Center” from now on, has been unveiled to its current lessees and tenants in a grand cocktail held last March 11 at the TMX Multipurpose Hall of this popular bargain center in Manila. Once completed, Tutuban will no longer be interchanged with Divisoria but will already be a brand in itself.
The redevelopment plan is in preparation of the renewal of the 25-year lease in 2014 by the Philippine National Railways (PNR), which helped shape this new concept as PNR also plans to open this June its Bicol line and by first quarter next year, its Tarlac or La Union line.
According to Ernesto Hilario, Business Development Officer of Prime Orion Philippines, Inc. (POPI), the investment holding company that handles Tutuban Propeties, Inc., the expansion totaling 11.5 hectares will cover the Tayuman side and will be a complete mixed-use development that includes commercial and hospitality establishments. It is also envisioned to be a strip mall just like Bonifacio High Street in the Fort Bonifacio Global City with one whole street devoted to malls. “This is something like Chinese Binondo strip since most of the vendors will be second generation and business-educated Filipino-Chinese,” he said.
The existing 8.5 hectares of Tutuban Commercial Center, which will now be known as the only upgraded bagsakan center operating 24/7, will also be renovated and a six or seven-story tower will rise in the unused portions of the property to house commercial stalls on the first two floors, a recreation and entertainment center in the third floor and the top three or four stories will be 250-room budget hotel for viajeros who will be bringing their goods to the bagsakan center. Also envisioned in this site are clusters of review centers for graduates of architecture, engineering, nursing, and others who are preparing for their board exams.
The bagsakan will be for fresh fruits, both here and abroad — since there is no known bagsakan for fruits in Manila except the pricey retail stores in San Marcelino — and as clamored by residents from both Divisoria and Tayuman sides will also contain wet and dry goods, Hilario said. There will also be an “auto” strip just like in Banawe and for motorcycles, same as that found along 8th Avenue in Caloocan City. “Motoring shows and other auto-related events can be held here.”
“What is exciting is I am positioning the new Tutuban as an intermodal terminal hub. If we have an Araneta terminal in Cubao we will replicate it here because we have all the spaces for buses, vans and jeeps. What Araneta does not have that we do is the PNR train,” Hilario said.
The company will also lobby for the extension of LRT Line 2 to run from Recto to Tutuban Commercial Center on the way to Port Area coming from Pasig. “They have a plan to extend it until the pier and the first spot after Recto is our property,” Hilario added.
Funds for the redevelopment will be basically coming from internal savings but the company is also looking at the possibility of public offerings for the Tutuban brand since POPI, the mother company, is already listed with the Philippine Stock Exchange.
Tutuban Commercial Center has six buildings with two clusters, two center malls, one parking mall and one main block mall. It also has the most number of security personnel in the entire property and a total of 2,000 tenants. The company will also renovate the current mall. “I would want to make Tutuban as a brand and not just a location. Because now when you talk about Tutuban it connotes affordable bargains,” he said.
Tenants in the existing clusters may choose to stay but have the option to open a new store in the expansion area. The new development will focus on the higher-end and younger market, which Hilario said can attract the new breed of Chinese merchants, particularly those who finished business courses in either Ateneo or La Salle.

Wow as in? Next yr na mareredevelop ang la union pnr line? Probinsya ko yun
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:28 AM   #6
afterlife00
Caballero de Artes

Likes (Received): 57

it's about time that MNL gets something unkabogable
afterlife00 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 08:39 AM   #7
bevepi
Team Pacquiao

Likes (Received): 7

eto pala yung sinasabi nilang "Tutuban 2015"..

Robinsonspremier
Area Manager
Robinsons Land Corporation
International Marketing Dept.
North America
bevepi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 08:50 AM   #8
junex

Likes (Received): 18

Wow! good news yan..pwede ba i-suggest nila kay Mayor Lim alisin yang mga tricyle at pedecabs dyan sa divisoria area para umaliwalas naman tingnan dyan..magulo at sakit sa ulo..
junex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 03:37 PM   #9
watcher09
One Of A Kind!

Likes (Received): 706

With so many malls sprouting in Divisoria area, a Tutuban facelift is much needed. It's now looking old and dirty.
watcher09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 03:39 PM   #10
watcher09
One Of A Kind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junex View Post
Wow! good news yan..pwede ba i-suggest nila kay Mayor Lim alisin yang mga tricyle at pedecabs dyan sa divisoria area para umaliwalas naman tingnan dyan..magulo at sakit sa ulo..
Mayor Lim loves trykes and pedicabs. Look at some Quiapo and Sta. Cruz areas, as well as in Binondo, Malate, Paco and Ermita.
Old July 7th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #11
hugodiekonig
Hyugo Korol'

Quote:
Originally Posted by watcher09 View Post
Mayor Lim loves trykes and pedicabs. Look at some Quiapo and Sta. Cruz areas, as well as in Binondo, Malate, Paco and Ermita.
Kahit pedicab nalang ang alisin. Ang sakit sa bulsa yung byad doon. Masyadong mahal, kaya napipilitan nalang ako maglakad hanggang ongpin o alvarado pag nasa div ako
Old July 7th, 2011, 07:37 PM   #12
hugodiekonig
Hyugo Korol'

Quote:
Originally Posted by watcher09 View Post
With so many malls sprouting in Divisoria area, a Tutuban facelift is much needed. It's now looking old and dirty.
Agree, so that mas maganda naman kahit papaano ang pagsshoping sa div, yun bang may class rin ang dating. Mura ang mga bilihin yet nasa classy na mall
Old July 8th, 2011, 05:53 AM   #13
bevepi
Team Pacquiao

Likes (Received): 7

Part na yata ng culture yung pedicab at kalesa sa divisoria..dapat yata patient mode of tranpo bigyan din ng facelift. Tutuban is also looking forward in the construction of lrt2 which will go over from recto station.

Robinsonspremier
Area Manager
Robinsons Land Corporation
International Marketing Dept.
North America
bevepi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 07:46 AM   #14
watcher09
One Of A Kind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugodiekonig View Post
Kahit pedicab nalang ang alisin. Ang sakit sa bulsa yung byad doon. Masyadong mahal, kaya napipilitan nalang ako maglakad hanggang ongpin o alvarado pag nasa div ako
I used to walk along the strech of Ongpin to Plaza Lorenzo Ruiz, from Divisoria to San Nicolas. When I was a child, I knew the smell of every store along M. De Santos and Recto. Up to now, whenever I go there, lakad lang. Mata-traffic ka lang pag sumakay kahit sa pedicab.
Old July 8th, 2011, 11:06 AM   #15
maniLaboy_me

kapag natuloy 'to, magandang way 'to para makita ang Binondo skyline, kc pag sakay ka sa LRT line1, hindi gaano kita, natatakpan ng mga establishments sa Sta. Cruz, ang LRT line2, mataas pa ang elevation, so talagang kitang kita ang view ng Binondo...
Old July 8th, 2011, 11:14 AM   #16
diz
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 1460

pangit.
Old July 8th, 2011, 11:36 AM   #17
maniLaboy_me

Quote:
sana pati mga vendors sa divisoria area ilagay na sa mga pwesto talaga...

Last edited by maniLaboy_me; July 8th, 2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old July 8th, 2011, 01:13 PM   #18
maniLaboy_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by diz View Post
pangit.
wag ka pumunta kung pangit..!
Old July 8th, 2011, 10:57 PM   #19
hugodiekonig
Hyugo Korol'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevepi View Post
Part na yata ng culture yung pedicab at kalesa sa divisoria..dapat yata patient mode of tranpo bigyan din ng facelift. Tutuban is also looking forward in the construction of lrt2 which will go over from recto station.
I hope they would extend up to the port area
Old July 8th, 2011, 11:02 PM   #20
hugodiekonig
Hyugo Korol'

Quote:
Originally Posted by diz View Post
pangit.
oi hindi ah.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement