INDIANAPOLIS | Development News - Page 659 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Midwest and Plains > Local Forums > Indianapolis

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 22nd, 2018, 09:57 PM   #13161
zackary747

Likes (Received): 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysgs View Post
I'm taking also taking this flight next week on the way to Berlin.

If you are flying for business and your company is paying for it, I don't understand why you would fly out of ORD or CVG.

Leisure travel is different, but if the cost isn't prohibitive I would still go with IND.
Agreed. Also ORD has outrageous parking fees and a 3 hour drive does take a good amount of gas. Even if the IND or CVG flight is a little more expensive (which depends when you book of course) then IND would still be cheaper in the long run as it costs money just to get to ORD. I found IND-CDG prices that were pretty good if you look at the right time. It's just all about timing at that point.
zackary747 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2018, 10:12 PM   #13162
Anodyne

Likes (Received): 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackary747 View Post
Agreed. Also ORD has outrageous parking fees and a 3 hour drive does take a good amount of gas. Even if the IND or CVG flight is a little more expensive (which depends when you book of course) then IND would still be cheaper in the long run as it costs money just to get to ORD. I found IND-CDG prices that were pretty good if you look at the right time. It's just all about timing at that point.
To beat a dying horse, I often view my free time as pretty valuable, given that what I earn for the firm when I'm working is pretty valuable. No chance I'm driving up to ORD to save $100 after gas and parking are included, even for leisure. That's time I can spend in the garden.

zackary747, cdc guy liked this post
Anodyne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2018, 04:47 AM   #13163
cdc guy

Likes (Received): 1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
To beat a dying horse, I often view my free time as pretty valuable, given that what I earn for the firm when I'm working is pretty valuable. No chance I'm driving up to ORD to save $100 after gas and parking are included, even for leisure. That's time I can spend in the garden.
I often drive within 500-600 miles if the flight is connecting and I need a car at the other end. If I leave home 2+hours before the flight, have a 90 minute layover, wait for a bag and shuttle or rental car friction at the other end, then drive 30-60 minutes to my hotel, the math looks like 2 hours + 1.5 hours +1.5 hours +1.5 hours + 1 hour + 0.5 hours = a full workday to fly.

Anodyne liked this post
cdc guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2018, 10:05 PM   #13164
napleslow

Likes (Received): 61

What is the status of the following?

1. TownePlace Suites by Marriott at Russell Avenue.
2. The Hurley proposed garage and future office buildings on McCarty St.

It would be great to see Anthem build a 12-15 story building on their triangle lot on Virgina.
napleslow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2018, 10:28 PM   #13165
Wu-Gambino

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by napleslow View Post
What is the status of the following?

1. TownePlace Suites by Marriott at Russell Avenue.
2. The Hurley proposed garage and future office buildings on McCarty St.

It would be great to see Anthem build a 12-15 story building on their triangle lot on Virgina.
Saw this on the Strong Indy Facebook page, but apparently Anthem plans to turn part of the triangle into a parking lot.

Pretty impressive. I couldn’t imagine a worse use of space than the current lawn, but they managed to do so! Kudos to Anthem.

cdc guy, Anodyne, IndyJohn liked this post

Last edited by Wu-Gambino; May 25th, 2018 at 10:34 PM.
Wu-Gambino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2018, 04:10 AM   #13166
GarfieldPark

Likes (Received): 1542

I think i need to check the regional center guidelines to see what it says about putting in another parking lot on a greenspace downtown - and if you can do it, what the requirements are. Even if allowed, I don't think they should do it. They've got plenty of room north of their building between the building and the railroad tracks (on their current parking lot) where they could put a three level parking garage. Not that it needs to stay a well maintained grassy open block - but it definitely should not be a surface parking lot.
GarfieldPark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2018, 02:31 PM   #13167
cdc guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldPark View Post
I think i need to check the regional center guidelines to see what it says about putting in another parking lot on a greenspace downtown - and if you can do it, what the requirements are. Even if allowed, I don't think they should do it. They've got plenty of room north of their building between the building and the railroad tracks (on their current parking lot) where they could put a three level parking garage. Not that it needs to stay a well maintained grassy open block - but it definitely should not be a surface parking lot.
...and it is immediately adjacent to The Cultural Trail. Neither grass nor pavement is the highest and best use of the SE corner of the Mile Square.

IndyJohn liked this post
Old May 26th, 2018, 07:42 PM   #13168
dpconnection

Likes (Received): 213

Quote:
2018UV3013 scheduled to be heard 6/19

dpconnection no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2018, 07:46 PM   #13169
dpconnection

also for reference here is the location of the red line stop

Old May 26th, 2018, 09:19 PM   #13170
GarfieldPark

So Indianapolis received approval from the people of Marion County to increase taxes on ourselves to help pay for improved bus rapid transit. The City - County Council voted to approve this increase in taxation and funding for the rapid transit improvements. The City planning staff spent a couple of years working on the Re-Zone Indy plan with much puplic input and participation - in coodination with IndyGo, the Indpls MPO and others to develop new planning and development strategies with one of the primary goals being to promote higher density, transit oriented development near BRT station locations - - - and then IndyGo and others start firming up plans for building one of the first BRT stops right in a prime development location, midway between the core central business district of Indianapolis and the growing, revitalizing neighborhoods of Fletcher Place, Holy Rosary and Fountain Square - - - and what does Anthem, our largest Fortune 500 company, think is an appropriate thing to put on that prime undeveloped piece of transit oriented, downtown property?? A nice mixed use, dense development with perhaps a mix of residential, a little office, some commercial, perhaps some hidden underground and/or interior parking?? No - not quite. Instead they think it makes sense to propose putting a 58 space surface parking lot on the prime piece of property!!

Disgusting. What a show of disrespect to downtown Indy. Terrible. If this still needs some type of approval (regional center, zoning variance, etc) this would be a good meeting to attend to remonstrate against this pathetic, proposed underuse of this prime piece of downtown property.
Old May 26th, 2018, 09:29 PM   #13171
GarfieldPark

So what type of hearing is supposed to happen on June 19th pertaining to this proposed parking lot? Whatever it is, I believe public remonstrance needs to happen. We should show up in force and tell friends and neighbors to be there too.

JeffTompkins liked this post
Old May 27th, 2018, 05:43 PM   #13172
JeffTompkins

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
So what type of hearing is supposed to happen on June 19th pertaining to this proposed parking lot? Whatever it is, I believe public remonstrance needs to happen. We should show up in force and tell friends and neighbors to be there too.

If you provide information on the meeting location and don’t mind me quoting your above rebuke, I can promote this publicly on Indyimby to garner more support.

Round Rock, IndyJohn liked this post
JeffTompkins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2018, 06:39 PM   #13173
GarfieldPark

You're welcome to use the thoughts that I wrote above about the ridiculousness of promoting transit oriented development and having the people support an increase in taxes on themselves to promote improved rapid transit and then possibly having the city crapping on those ideas by approving a less than 60 space surface parking lot on an extremely prime TOD site adjacent to a planned new BRT station location. I don't know any of the details however about what type of hearing is being held on June 19th about the project. I am hoping someone who knows about those things or knows how to look that kind of stuff up can provide that information here on this thread.

JeffTompkins, pig liked this post
Old June 2nd, 2018, 02:17 AM   #13174
rnimry

Likes (Received): 454

Walking on the Circle at lunch time I noticed they had Market Street blocked off the portion of Illinois St. and Market...had a big crane there. Any ideas on this? Maybe continued work on the IL building? The crane looked too large for any utility work.
rnimry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2018, 01:24 PM   #13175
cdc guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnimry View Post
Walking on the Circle at lunch time I noticed they had Market Street blocked off the portion of Illinois St. and Market...had a big crane there. Any ideas on this? Maybe continued work on the IL building? The crane looked too large for any utility work.
Radio traffic report on Friday said it was AC rooftop unit replacement but not which building.
Old June 2nd, 2018, 02:05 PM   #13176
Manchesterman19

Likes (Received): 120

Red Line construction is to begin on Monday. Starting down at UIndy and moving north on Shelby throughout June. Barriers are already up to divert traffic where the southbound station will go at Pleasant Run.

GarfieldPark, pattyco7, IndyJohn, Anodyne liked this post
Manchesterman19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2018, 03:15 PM   #13177
tysgs

Likes (Received): 156

Heard something interesting a while back, remember the old 21c proposal? Well, I heard there is some interest from developers in putting a tower(15+ stories) on part of that block.
Old June 4th, 2018, 10:48 PM   #13178
Anodyne

Likes (Received): 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysgs View Post
Heard something interesting a while back, remember the old 21c proposal? Well, I heard there is some interest from developers in putting a tower(15+ stories) on part of that block.
Say what
Anodyne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2018, 04:11 PM   #13179
JohnIndy
John

Likes (Received): 124

Proposals for old city hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
Say what
About a year ago, after the 21C hotel project fell through, the City solicited proposals for redevelopment of the old city hall block. Eleven developers responded: Daniel C. Jacobs, Deylen Realty, Gershman Partners, Hodges Marketing Solutions, Milhaus Development LLC, R&B Architects, Schmidt Associates, Shiel Sexton, Strategic Capital Partners, Synthesis Inc., and
Third Street Ventures. I recollect seeing a rendering of a high-rise mixed use building attached to the old city hall. Probably it was from one of the developers listed, but I've not been able to track it down.

IndyJohn, Anodyne liked this post
JohnIndy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2018, 01:44 AM   #13180
dpconnection

Latest Red Line construction schedule

IndyJohn liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
development, indianapolis