West Japan.Tsuwano.Day 3.Finally!! - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > East Asia > Japan Forum 日本フォーラム > Skylines & Photography / スカイラインと写真

Skylines & Photography / スカイラインと写真 Pictures & Video of Japan / 都市の景観・自然 写真とビデオ

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 17th, 2005, 02:31 PM   #1
Nick
Gosford/Sydney.

Likes (Received): 66

West Japan.Tsuwano.Day 3.Finally!!

Here are the day three pictures of my tour of West Japan,taken early last December.This is the last of the series.The old mountain town of Tsuwano,Yamaguchi perfecture,is where I spent day 3 before taking the expressway on the 5 hour ride back to Osaka.

The map showing the three days of touring.

The beautiful town of Tsuwano.Famous as a refuge for Christains during the Edo era(1600s-1860s).To escape persecution,Christains fled to this isolated town from Nagasaki and other cities in Kyushu.Well protected from the surrounding mountains,the residents of this quiet town virtually lived in Isolation from the rest of the country.Trade with Hagi and other nearby areas kept the economy alive.

Many small towns in Japan have their Temple district.Here is the enterance to Tsuwano's temple area.In the foreground are some of the local bikers causing a bit of a disturbance with their helmets!

A typical scene in most touristy Japanese towns.The tour guide guiding around groups of retired Japanese on weekend tours.This one was from Hiroshima.The nearest large city,about 120km away

The local church.Very rare in most of the country except for the southern and western parts.Christanity really took hold of the southern tip and western part of Japan before the shogan outlawed it in the 1600s.This church only dates back to the 1930s.The original building was built in the 1600s before fire destroyed it sometime in the early 20th century.

Have you ever wonderd what a Japnese church looks like inside? Notice the absense of pews.Here the worshipers sit on the Tatami mats.

The quiet backstreets.Dating back hundreds of years.

Another local tour guide! This one is wearing a some kind of funky mask.

Such a busy little town.

The gateway into the temple district

To get to the main temple,you have to walk up a series of red gates following the mountain path up about 200 meters

The climb was tough.Ah ah ah ah half way there.Just a little rest.Wow! check out the view of Tsuwano!

Finally got to the top.What a climb.The temple area was very busy with tourists from all over the west Japan enjoying the atmosphere.

Perched up on the top of the mountain,this temple area is one of the finest ive seen in Japan so far.

Tourists paying their respects to their ancetors infront of the shrine

My lucky day.The taiko drumers getting ready for a preformance infront of the temple/shrine area.

Off they go!

So much intesity!

The base drumer in action.

Looking away from the town out into the distant mountains from the temple

Ahhh Tsuwano.Thankyou again for joining me on another tour of Japan brought to you by the Suzuki SKYWAVE!!! .Feel the power of the ride!!!!!! Ride your dreams!

Last edited by Nick; January 29th, 2005 at 08:57 AM.
Nick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 17th, 2005, 03:59 PM   #2
Vapour

Likes (Received): 43

Aaaaaaaaaaaah ooooooooooooooooh uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Thanks once again Skywave-san
Old January 17th, 2005, 04:17 PM   #3
Nick
Gosford/Sydney.

Skywave-san.I like the sound of that.

Cheers
Advertisement

Old January 17th, 2005, 11:28 PM   #4
Dennis
Rotterdam

Likes (Received): 13

Holy shit, u have more pics? SHOW US, NOW!
Old January 18th, 2005, 08:12 AM   #5
elfreako

Likes (Received): 2

OMG!!! Look at the trees on the mountain in the background of the first pic...they're growing PERPENDICULAR to the slope of the mountain! FREAKY!
elfreako no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 01:46 PM   #6
NegaSado
Needs more Tokyo!

Likes (Received): 45

NegaSado no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 08:00 PM   #7
Nick
Gosford/Sydney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfreako
OMG!!! Look at the trees on the mountain in the background of the first pic...they're growing PERPENDICULAR to the slope of the mountain! FREAKY!
I never thought of that.You are right.I will have to take more notice next time.They could be bamboo trees? They tend to grow perpendicular
Old January 18th, 2005, 08:05 PM   #8
Nick
Gosford/Sydney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis
Holy shit, u have more pics? SHOW US, NOW!
Thats the last of the collection from my tour of West Japan.I have thousands of picutures from all over the country,taken since I got the digital camera in 2002.

I will be touring Shikoku next weekend.I will have a new batch ready to post then
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: