ADDIS ABABA | Best Western Plus Hotel | 160 Rooms | U/C - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Ethiopia > Projects & Construction > Projects & Construction > Addis Ababa

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 3rd, 2014, 02:34 AM   #1
Simfan34
Surprisingly optimistic!

Likes (Received): 3805

ADDIS ABABA | Best Western Plus Hotel | 160 Rooms | U/C

http://www.jddg.ie/selected-work/int...or-119-body-12

This exciting new development sites a new Best Western Plus Hotel in the centre of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. With 160 bedrooms in total, the hotel boasts an original concept restaurant that will fuse the Ethiopian cuisine with European style, an artisan café, a stylish rooftop bar for the city's elite, conference and function room facilities and an impressive spa/gym.

There appear to be TWO Best Westerns coming to Addis!
Advertisement

Old March 3rd, 2014, 04:24 AM   #2
Simfan34
Surprisingly optimistic!

Likes (Received): 3805

I didn't see that Tarrex had discovered these links already, he gets a share of the credit.
Old March 3rd, 2014, 06:30 PM   #3
yosiast

Likes (Received): 155

I have never, ever had a positive experience at Best Western hotels. They're one of the worst managed hotels (dirty, unprofessional staff, dilapidated structures etc...) I've ever come across in my travels.

kazanchis liked this post
yosiast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 4th, 2014, 02:10 AM   #4
kazanchis

Likes (Received): 649

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosiast View Post
I have never, ever had a positive experience at Best Western hotels. They're one of the worst managed hotels (dirty, unprofessional staff, dilapidated structures etc...) I've ever come across in my travels.
Mälke tifu, bäsim yidegifu

yosiast liked this post
kazanchis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 02:18 AM   #5
Skyliner123

Likes (Received): 6925

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosiast View Post
Being able to complain about an international chain based on freequest stays--is a good problem to have. I'm still at the level of complaining about Motel-6, Bekele Mola, etc...

yosef liked this post
Skyliner123 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 04:55 PM   #6
yosiast

Likes (Received): 155

You're hilarious Skyliner. I was being serious though about Best Western. I hate their hotels. Sheraton and Hilton-branded hotels have so far not disappointed me.

Skyliner123 liked this post
yosiast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2016, 06:53 PM   #7
AM2

Likes (Received): 3383

Best Western Addis renders from Noah Real Estate website (they apparently own two Best Western Hotels under construction in Addis Ababa)

http://www.noahrealestateplc.com/

Quote:
REAL ESTATE DEVELOPER TO OPEN BEST WESTERN HOTEL IN WEEKS
Vows to build 166 homes per month in two years

The new entrant to the real estate business in Ethiopia, Noah Real Estate, is poised to inaugurate Best Western Hotel in six weeks’ time.

Back in 2014, representatives of Best Western and Great Abyssinia PLC—Mother Company of Noah Real Estate—had inked agreements where Best Western International Inn, which operates Best Western, Best Western Plus and Best Western Premier 4,000 hotels in 100 countries, signed to add two more hotels in Ethiopia expanding its presence in Africa.

Back then, Great Abyssinia Business PLC sealed the agreements with Best Western for the latter to operate Best Western Plus Abyssinia hotel and Best Western Noah Hotel, which were scheduled to be opened in 2015 and 2016, respectively.

According to Abiy Hailemariam and Rateneh Fasil, managerial figures of Noah Real Estate, Best Western Noah Hotel, which houses 122 rooms, is set to be operational in six weeks’ time. Both have highlighted that the company was way behind schedule as there has been some back and forth with the brand operators to approve designs and interior decoration, Rateneh said. He noted that the rooms are to be fully furnished with Turkish interior design materials.

Following the recent introduction of brand hotels in the business, local property owners have become more interested to form partnerships with chain operators. Since 2014, there have been dozens of agreements inked and some have started to materialize. Golden Tulip and Marriot Executive Apartments have become operational, while Ramada Addis is also set to join the hospitality industry.

The second property, Best Western Plus Abyssinia—an upper midscale hotel—will be located in the vicinity of Bole Medhanealem roundabout, next to Medhanealem Mall. It will have 168 rooms.

On the real estate business side, Noah Real Estate has been working to develop villas, apartments and commercial buildings. According to Abiy, in the coming two years, the company plans to build 2,000 houses—166 units per month. One distinctive feature Abiy boldly talks about it that the company sells homes fully built. “We don’t sell we didn’t build first,” he said. There has been wider public outcry against some developers that collect prepayments and fail to deliver.
Currently, the real estate developer has delivered Abyssinia Plaza and Meklit Plaza apartments together with 15 residential villas. In addition, Noah is to finalize 226 centrum apartments and 16 apartments in near future located in the central Bole area, Atlas Hotel and around CMC predominantly in the area called Washington neighborhood.
Noah Real Estate PLC is a subsidiary company of Great Abyssinia Business Group. One of the companies under the Business Group, Great Abyssinia Springs, recently formed a joint venture with Nestlé to produce bottled water. Great Abyssinia also runs Great Abyssinia Coffee. It was established as sole proprietor in the early 1990s before it became a private limited company in 2003.
http://www.thereporterethiopia.com/c...rn-hotel-weeks

FKebede liked this post
AM2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2016, 09:07 PM   #8
GetLostInET

Likes (Received): 3011

Looks very fancy for a Best Western. There is nothing you can do to make me stay in one. Worst hotel personally.

AM2 liked this post
GetLostInET no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2016, 10:19 PM   #9
AM2

Likes (Received): 3383

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetLostInET View Post
Looks very fancy for a Best Western. There is nothing you can do to make me stay in one. Worst hotel personally.
Yep, Best Westerns in the US are glorified motels

GetLostInET liked this post
AM2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2016, 07:19 AM   #10
begtera

Likes (Received): 1922

በዘመናዊው ዓለም የሚገኙት ሆቴሎች እጅግ ውድ ከሆኑት በስተቀር ሌሎቹ የሽርሙጥና ማዕከል እየሆኑ ነው። ባንኮክ በነበርኩበት ግዜ ያየሁትም ይኸው ነበር። እጅግ ዝንጥ ባለ ንድፍና ውድ ቁሳቁስ የተገነቡትና የተዋቡት ሆቴሎች በሙሉ በዝሙት ተግባር ላይ በተማሩ ሴቶችና ኣሰማሪዎቻቸው የተያዙ ነበሩ። የኣውሮፓን በደንብ ኣላውቅም፥ እዚህ ዩ ኤስ ውስጥ፥ ማሪዮት፥ ሂልተን፥ ኤምባሲ ሱዊትስ፥ ክራውን ፕላዛ ወዘተ የሚባሉት ከመካከለኛ ደረጃ ከፍ በለው የገኛሉ ተብለው የሚታመንባቸው ሆቴሎች በሙሉ ዛሬ የዝሙት ስራ ማከናወኛ ማዕከላት ሆነዋል፥ በተለይ ቅዳሜና እሁድ። ብዙ ኣበሾች ኣሉ በሆቴል ሙያ ዙሪያ የሚሰሩ፥ የእንግዳ ተቀባይነት መዝጋቢና ኣስከፋይነት ስራ የሚሰራ የቅርብ ጓደኛ ኣለኝ። ብዙ ሆቴሎች ውስጥ ሰርቷል። የሚለኝም ይህንኑ ነው። ሆቴሎቹ ከ$150 በታች በቀን የሚያስከፍሉ ከሆነ ኣለቀ ተከራዩ በሙሉ ሹሼ ብቻ።

ኣንዳንዴ ድብር ሲለኝ መኪና እከራይና የሚነበቡ መጽሐፍት ይዢ በፓሲፊክ ጠረፍ ኣካባቢ ያሉ፥ ውሃውን ባሻገር ከበረንዳ ቁጭ ብለው እያዩ የሚዝናኑባቸው ሆቴሎች ሄጄ ማደር እወድ ነበር። ዛሬ እዚያ የሚመጣው ሉጢ፥ ወይም ሴትና ወንድ ጥንድ ይሆኑና ሴትኛ ወይም ወንድኛ ኣዳሪ ጠርተው ሌሊቱን ሙሉ ሲጠጡ፥ በእፅ ሲነብዙ ሲዋሰቡ ያድራሉ። ክፍሎች ውስጥ ምንም ቢፀዱ መግባት ኣስጠላኝ። ኣሁን ኣሁን የራሴን ድንኳን ይዤ ነው የምሄደው፥ ድንኳን ተክሎ የሚታደርባቸው ቦታዎች ኣሉ፥ እዛ ሄጄ ከፋም ለማም የራሴ ድንኳን ውስጥ ኣድራለሁ።
begtera no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 01:42 AM   #11
Positively Ethiopian

Likes (Received): 2425

I found these pictures back from January 2016 online, but there are 2 best westerns in development in Addis and I don't know which one it's from

yosef liked this post
Positively Ethiopian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 03:46 PM   #12
Moreira1

Likes (Received): 37

Nice executive hotel. Would want one of these in my city.
Moreira1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2017, 12:07 AM   #13
Positively Ethiopian

Currently

Old April 29th, 2017, 03:09 PM   #14
Skyliner123

THere are two Best Western hotels being build in Addis. The one in from of Edna Mall is Best Western Plus. There is another one behind Harmony Hotel which will become just 'Best Western'. I'll post pics soon.

yosef, Adenagir, sham shem liked this post
Old February 12th, 2018, 04:03 AM   #15
Positively Ethiopian

Looks like the Best Western Plus in Bole Medhanalem is almost ready!

GetLostInET, yosef, Yoniii, AM2, batuzpisces liked this post
Old February 12th, 2018, 05:13 AM   #16
GetLostInET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positively Ethiopian View Post
Looks like the Best Western Plus in Bole Medhanalem is almost ready!

ET style picture hanging Get it as high as possible to towards the ceiling instead of letting the negative space frame it. Other than that it looks very nice.

lalibela liked this post
Old February 13th, 2018, 05:31 AM   #17
lalibela

Likes (Received): 5338

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetLostInET View Post
ET style picture hanging Get it as high as possible to towards the ceiling instead of letting the negative space frame it. Other than that it looks very nice.
I wish we had a patron of the arts or government/ foreign support so we can build art galleries, studios, exhibitions and academies to help up- and- coming artists and bring this endemic neo conceptual art moment to the world stage. I dont know when exactly it started, who started it or what it is that makes it uniquely Ethiopian but it seems like you can always tell it from a line up. Most of the paintings seems to derive from the expressionism and cubism movement of the 20th century but somehow stay original to local roots

yosef, GetLostInET liked this post
lalibela no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2018, 01:36 PM   #18
GetLostInET

I agree. I am personally obsessed by our cultural and artistic achievements and the current breed of creatives that most money people will never give a chance. The current breed of wealthy people though rarely consider that sophistication so they are ignored most of the time even though I have seen resurrection of appreciation for paintings and photography lately albeit not enough to make a huge impact. As the franchiser of the hotel is a western company though some designer in the US probably made the decision on this already.

What frustrates me more though is when we ourselves walk away from our own. Even a simple local hotel name is given a western name with some not even bothering to write it in Geeze.

kebedew, yosiast, Simfan34 liked this post
Old February 14th, 2018, 04:07 PM   #19
Skyliner123

Quote:
Hmmm,....It seems like they integrated local color scheme into the modernist architecture. ምክኒያቱም ከለሩ የኣዲስ ኣበባ ቁርጥ ቤት ቀለም ይመስላል

yosiast, FKebede liked this post
Old May 1st, 2018, 01:19 AM   #20
Positively Ethiopian

According to Saydur Design, the Turkish company that furnished this hotel, the Hotel is set to open this week. No official word though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement