The Rise Makati [63F|res|u/c] - Page 70 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Metro Manila Projects on the Rise > Makati

Makati The country's primary financial center

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 20th, 2017, 07:18 AM   #1381
beaconator

Likes (Received): 65

Based on the zoomed pics, the window height is only about 2.5 times longer than that of the adjacent a/c opening. Compare this to the window size of its showroom. What a big difference!
beaconator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 20th, 2017, 08:06 PM   #1382
markkram

Likes (Received): 148

deleted

Last edited by markkram; March 20th, 2017 at 08:28 PM.
markkram no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 08:07 PM   #1383
markkram

If you look closer the window's height is just around twice the height of the aircon provision. That is mostly standard sized and as much as i know it is 45cm/17.5feet. So the windows height is only 90cm/23feet. It looks very small.

I think the expectations towards this project are way to high because of the developers name. But what do you expect at a pre-selling price starting from 2.3 million? You can't expect the same quality as Shangri-la BGC Residences or Horizon Homes. They should have created another brand like for example Hampton by Hilton where they could still include the name Shangri-la but make it clear that it is differente. But ofcourse the name Shangri-la standing for itself at 2.3 millions was a sales boost for the project and some people only bought a unit because of the Shangri-la branding. But you don't get the real Shangri-la quality for SMDC prices. This project is priced more or less the same as the SMDC PREMIER AIR RESIDENCES so it should be obivious that it can't have the quality of a 5 star serviced Condo/Hotel. Unfortunately some people believed they would get the real Shangri-la quality and are now dissapointed that this is not the case.
I still think that this is a very nice building but people should set their expectations lower and compare it to other buildings in the same price range and not compare it to other Shangri-la buildings which cost five or six times more. If they do so they will realize that they are still getting a nice apartment for the price they paid.

todjikid, xtindcx, thomasian, kai_wen liked this post

Last edited by markkram; March 21st, 2017 at 07:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 20th, 2017, 11:44 PM   #1384
jezhang

Likes (Received): 455

The Rise Makati [63F|res|u/c]

The window will be 150*250cm and from the bottom of the windon to the floor is 79cm. this is the data from shang
jezhang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2017, 08:58 AM   #1385
todjikid
perfect day 4 bananafish

Likes (Received): 542

@jehzang, where did you get this info? I am trying to get my agent too.
todjikid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2017, 09:59 AM   #1386
Condodoc

Likes (Received): 27

New neighbor

It seems that we are having a new neighbor on the other side of The Rise....31 storey Avida, http://www.avidaland.com/condominium...a-towers-asten

Last edited by Condodoc; March 21st, 2017 at 10:01 AM. Reason: added a hyperlink
Condodoc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2017, 11:21 AM   #1387
Condodoc

Windows The Rise vs The Air

In the construction side-by-side photo, it does seem obvious that the Air has a higher floor to ceiling distance

But having said that, upon looking at the pics of the model units, it seems that the model units do have low ceiling. Maybe that explains why The Rise has 63 floors and the Air 50 floors (will they end up having the same final height?).

Regarding the Window, from the plans, I thought it is mainly the units at the ends which will have small windows as there are pillars at the tips of the "propeller". On the other hand, the central units are all in glass and so I think floor to ceiling windows?

The balcony may not seem usable but on the lower floor is good for the laundry and yet, on the higher floors is not safe enough to climb out any way. I am on the central 61st storey...I wouldnt dare go out that balcony... lol...

What do I think from an investment point of view? The design will not change now, neither will the construction. I think it is best to weigh the price to what you are getting. The design is still awe-inspiring and the amenities I think are superb. BTW, we have 18 elevators compared to to or 12 of the Air. We do have undergorund parking so the first few floors are amenities, versus above ground parking for the Air, which is kinda "mall-like". Let us hope we dont get flooded in the basement, though...

Well, I wont hit myself with a hammer at his moment...in fact from among my condos, this is where I intend to reside when I am finished. Say hi when you see me at the corridor!
Old March 21st, 2017, 11:28 AM   #1388
Condodoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasian View Post
Looks like Air has bigger windows compared to The Rise.
Yeah, I think so too...they have higher floor to ceiling... but the Air will put in walls i think...not all glass...
Old March 21st, 2017, 12:19 PM   #1389
markkram

According to emporis:
The Rise 59 floors 688.98ft. = 11.67ft. per floor
Air Residences 51 floors 638.41ft = 12.51ft. per floor.
I guess the floor count in the mall at the Rise counts as two because it is higher than in a residential unit and here they made it as one so it is 59 floors instead of 63. So I guess it will be even less than 11.67ft. If you count it with 63 floors it would equal to 10.93ft. per floor.

So 11.67ft. or 10.93ft. at the Rise vs. 12.51ft. at Air.
Ofcourse without counting the thickness of each floor. But you can still see that the Air Residences will be higher than The Rise.

Last edited by markkram; March 21st, 2017 at 03:27 PM.
Old March 21st, 2017, 04:28 PM   #1390
todjikid
perfect day 4 bananafish

I got the same dimension from my agent who contacted the gen con. Is it small?

jezhang liked this post
Old March 21st, 2017, 08:26 PM   #1391
MakatiBoy

Likes (Received): 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by todjikid View Post

I still think it will follow the same size as in the showroom if it's 1.5 m (H) x 2.5 m (W). Length of a bed is around 2 meters. So based on the pictures the window width is really around 2.5 m. A 1.5m height of the window is also big enough as it starts just above or same level as the bed (depending on your bed frame). The bottom part (concrete) will be covered by the bed anyway.

In the end, this property is still a good buy. Happy to have invested here .

ttm0311, jezhang, todjikid, Condodoc liked this post
MakatiBoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 02:58 AM   #1392
jezhang

Quote:

i think this size is ok
Old March 22nd, 2017, 09:18 AM   #1393
markkram

Well the agents will say anything the company wants them to say. But you can clearly see from the picture that this window which is already installed is never 1.5 meter high. 1.5m is 4.9ft. I recommend you to take a meter and then measure 1.5m on your window to have a comparison.
That would also mean that the aircon provision which is half the hight of the window would be 75cm hight. Dont think that this is possible. As i wrote before that is mostly around 45cm standard size.

As a buyer you have no possibility to do anythong against it. Because ofcourse it is all written in the fine print that they are allowed to do design changes and so on. Some developers even made the units bigger and asked people to pay for the extra m2 they are getting and since it was written in the fine print people had to pay.

Anyway I wouldnt mind that window hight so much. I dont think it will have an influence on the value of the unit so there is no need to panic.

Last edited by markkram; March 22nd, 2017 at 09:27 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 09:23 AM   #1394
jezhang

Quote:
Originally Posted by markkram View Post
Well the agents will say anything the company wants them to say. But you can clearly see from the picture that this window which is already installed is never 1.5 meter high. 1.5m is 4.9ft. I recommend you to take a meter and then measure 1.5m on your window to have a comparison.
That would also mean that the aircon provision which is half the hight of the window would be 75cm hight. Dont think that this is possible. As i wrote before that is mostly around 45cm standard size.

if one floor is 3m minus the concrete and the thick of each floor , the window can be 1.5m i dont think its small

Condodoc liked this post
Old March 22nd, 2017, 09:24 AM   #1395
jezhang

Old March 22nd, 2017, 03:23 PM   #1396
sensei01

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezhang View Post

Hmmm... looks like the wall is really higher than the normal bed's height based on this picture... definitely different from what they presented in the showroom

I hope i'm wrong...

kai_wen liked this post
sensei01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 03:27 PM   #1397
todjikid
perfect day 4 bananafish

What the size of the window is, is a matter of fact. It has four panels instead of 1 seamless panel. 2 large panels, and 2 small ones. It looks bigger in person. I know because i am here in front of the building, smoking after eating at zubuchon. We will validate it as the development progresses.

The white line pattern is confusing because in some floors the line is where the floor starts, while in some its still part of the ceiling, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by todjikid; March 22nd, 2017 at 03:35 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 05:27 PM   #1398
sensei01

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
What the size of the window is, is a matter of fact. It has four panels instead of 1 seamless panel. 2 large panels, and 2 small ones. It looks bigger in person. I know because i am here in front of the building, smoking after eating at zubuchon. We will validate it as the development progresses.

The white line pattern is confusing because in some floors the line is where the floor starts, while in some its still part of the ceiling, if you know what I mean.

Good to know... keep us posted when u can.. thanks!
sensei01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2017, 10:23 AM   #1399
Condodoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei01 View Post
Hmmm... looks like the wall is really higher than the normal bed's height based on this picture... definitely different from what they presented in the showroom

I hope i'm wrong...
The rendering on the website http://www.therisemakati.com/amenities.html

looks like the windows are similar...i would say that these windoes are okay...mine faces the west, i am actually afraid of having too much afternoon sun...
Old March 24th, 2017, 11:33 AM   #1400
thomasian

Likes (Received): 3368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condodoc View Post
The rendering on the website http://www.therisemakati.com/amenities.html

looks like the windows are similar...i would say that these windoes are okay...mine faces the west, i am actually afraid of having too much afternoon sun...
Nope. Look carefully, they're not. Absolutely not. The rendering shows bigger windows than what was actually built.

But, and this is a big but, the showroom may actually be showing the same window height and I think that matters more because the showroom units are what gives you a better "feel" for the actual unit.
Advertisement