The Rise Makati [63F|res|u/c] - Page 73 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Metro Manila Projects on the Rise > Makati

Makati The country's primary financial center

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 27th, 2017, 10:38 AM   #1441
chynakym

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddawg View Post
How much is a 1 bedroom unit resale vs. from the developer (if still available) vs. pre-selling price? Just curious. Thank you in advance.
I had someone offered me 3.5M for 27sqm. That works out to roughly 130k per square meter. The developer is quoting 170k per square meter but depending on your payment scheme, you can get approximately 140k per square meter from the developer if you pay cash. Pre-selling is around 90k plus per square meter.
chynakym no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 29th, 2017, 03:56 AM   #1442
gibet

Likes (Received): 10

Then that offer would be a steal.
At 170K per sqm, that would amount now to 4.6M.
gibet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2017, 01:05 PM   #1443
markkram

Likes (Received): 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibet View Post
Then that offer would be a steal.
At 170K per sqm, that would amount now to 4.6M.
Well developers are always increasing the price to make investors feel good about the deal they got. I guess until the building will be finished the developer will increase the price to 200k/sqm to also give the people a good feeling who paid per 170k/sqm. But once those people will try to resell their unit they will notice that the market price is lower than what they paid and feel cheated.
That's why it is important to always check the secondary market before purchasing a unit from the developer. Because it is not the developer who determines the unit value. It is the secondary market who does that.

Anyway the studio unit at The Rise is 25sqm. for me that unit size doesn't match the Shangri-la brand. Even in their Hotel is BGC the smallest hotel room is 45sqm. So in a Shangri-la condominium you would expect a bigger unit size than in the hotel.

Last edited by markkram; June 29th, 2017 at 02:06 PM.
markkram no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 30th, 2017, 02:00 AM   #1444
anakngpasig

Likes (Received): 11115

Because it's their first foray into the middle-income segment.
anakngpasig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 05:55 AM   #1445
markkram

Likes (Received): 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by anakngpasig View Post
Because it's their first foray into the middle-income segment.
But then why keep the name Shangri-la for such a project? Shangri-la is one of the most luxurious 5 star hotel chains wolrd wide. They are kind of destroying their brand by giving it to middle-income condominium buildings. Ofocurse it is a sales boost if the building has the Shangri-la name in it. But over the long term it will downgrade their brand.
They should have made something like Hilton did with Hampton by Hilton to make it clear that it is another brand.
If you see Horizon Homes in Shangri-la BGC which has maximun 5 units per floor ranging from 250sqm to 418sqm per unit having the same Shangri-la branding as the 25sqm Studio unit at The Rise you can clearly see that something is wrong with their branding.
That's how you destroy a brand. It is as if Rolex would suddenly produce a plastic watch and sell it under the Rolex name for 10k peso. This would also downgrade the Rolex brand.
I am not saying that The Rise is bad. i think it is a very nice project in a good location with a wide range of amenities. But it just isn't the standard you would expect from Shangri-la.
markkram no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 07:14 AM   #1446
sensei01

Likes (Received): 13

The project name is just "The Rise Makati", they didn't put Shangrila name on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markkram View Post
But then why keep the name Shangri-la for such a project? Shangri-la is one of the most luxurious 5 star hotel chains wolrd wide. They are kind of destroying their brand by giving it to middle-income condominium buildings. Ofocurse it is a sales boost if the building has the Shangri-la name in it. But over the long term it will downgrade their brand.
They should have made something like Hilton did with Hampton by Hilton to make it clear that it is another brand.
If you see Horizon Homes in Shangri-la BGC which has maximun 5 units per floor ranging from 250sqm to 418sqm per unit having the same Shangri-la branding as the 25sqm Studio unit at The Rise you can clearly see that something is wrong with their branding.
That's how you destroy a brand. It is as if Rolex would suddenly produce a plastic watch and sell it under the Rolex name for 10k peso. This would also downgrade the Rolex brand.
I am not saying that The Rise is bad. i think it is a very nice project in a good location with a wide range of amenities. But it just isn't the standard you would expect from Shangri-la.

anakngpasig, sureproperty, boncedrick liked this post
sensei01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 08:09 AM   #1447
anakngpasig

Likes (Received): 11115

You're right. This is the only residential project by them without "Shangri-la" or "Shang" in the project name. Even Horizon Homes' long name is actually "Horizon Homes at Shangri-la at the Fort, Manila"
anakngpasig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2017, 11:26 AM   #1448
jezhang

Likes (Received): 455

Old July 2nd, 2017, 01:37 PM   #1449
Alimak

Likes (Received): 71

Construction Progress

Jun 2014 – Start of excavation
Mar 2016 – Completion of Substructure
Apr 2016 – Start of Superstructure
Aug 2016 – 2nd Floor
Sep 2016 – 3rd Floor
Oct 2016 – 5th Floor
Nov 2016 – 8th Floor
Dec 2016 – 11th Floor
Jan 2017 – 14th Floor
Feb 2017 – 17th Floor
Mar 2017 - 22nd Floor
Apr 2017 - 29th Floor
May 2017 - 32nd Floor
Jun 2017 - 36th Floor
Alimak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2017, 04:25 AM   #1450
Condodoc

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alimak View Post
Construction Progress

Jun 2014 – Start of excavation
Mar 2016 – Completion of Substructure
Apr 2016 – Start of Superstructure
Aug 2016 – 2nd Floor
Sep 2016 – 3rd Floor
Oct 2016 – 5th Floor
Nov 2016 – 8th Floor
Dec 2016 – 11th Floor
Jan 2017 – 14th Floor
Feb 2017 – 17th Floor
Mar 2017 - 22nd Floor
Apr 2017 - 29th Floor
May 2017 - 32nd Floor
Jun 2017 - 36th Floor
If this continues, then the 63rd floor will be reached by August 2018...and another year of fittings, Aug 2019...sana naman mai-deliver by 2019, rather than 2020, because it was promised to me by 2018 when i bought it...
Condodoc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2017, 04:28 AM   #1451
jezhang

The Rise Makati [63F|res|u/c]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condodoc View Post
If this continues, then the 63rd floor will be reached by August 2018...and another year of fittings, Aug 2019...sana naman mai-deliver by 2019, rather than 2020, because it was promised to me by 2018 when i bought it...

not august,2018 bec now the speed is 4 floors evey month, so it will be topped off on jan or feb 2018
jezhang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2017, 06:06 AM   #1452
--SuperB0y--
manunulat

Likes (Received): 61

What will happen after downpayment and TO balance is already due, but they are delayed in TO?
--SuperB0y-- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2017, 08:48 AM   #1453
sensei01

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by --SuperB0y-- View Post
What will happen after downpayment and TO balance is already due, but they are delayed in TO?

According to my agent, they won't deposit the cheque that we issued for TO balance lumpsum. But I am just thinking, since it is a post dated cheque and the possible delay is like 1 yr+, they won't be able to deposit the cheque anymore as it will be invalid after 6 months.

azumiii liked this post
sensei01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2017, 08:27 PM   #1454
--SuperB0y--
manunulat

Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei01 View Post
According to my agent, they won't deposit the cheque that we issued for TO balance lumpsum. But I am just thinking, since it is a post dated cheque and the possible delay is like 1 yr+, they won't be able to deposit the cheque anymore as it will be invalid after 6 months.
I was told the same thing, TO balance is only due upon TO. Which makes perfect sense.
--SuperB0y-- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2017, 04:35 AM   #1455
aaronjake

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by markkram View Post
Well developers are always increasing the price to make investors feel good about the deal they got. I guess until the building will be finished the developer will increase the price to 200k/sqm to also give the people a good feeling who paid per 170k/sqm. But once those people will try to resell their unit they will notice that the market price is lower than what they paid and feel cheated.
That's why it is important to always check the secondary market before purchasing a unit from the developer. Because it is not the developer who determines the unit value. It is the secondary market who does that.

Anyway the studio unit at The Rise is 25sqm. for me that unit size doesn't match the Shangri-la brand. Even in their Hotel is BGC the smallest hotel room is 45sqm. So in a Shangri-la condominium you would expect a bigger unit size than in the hotel.
Sorry for this naive question, but what is the best property website to check for the secondary market in the Philippines? I am checking lamudi but I can't find a lot of listings there. Any suggestions? Thanks!
aaronjake no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2017, 06:39 AM   #1456
Condodoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmarked View Post
Wow, a shangrila residential condo at an affordable price - starts at just 2.3Mio - right in Makati CBD.

===
Shangri-La is about to unveil its newest Masterpiece this May 2014. Artistically armed with a Modern Industrial Design in the NOMA District (North of MAKATI), this development promises to be newest toast of the town. Buyers who have long aspired to own a "Shang" may now finally live out their dreams at a very affordable price.

This project will also have it's own Shangri-La Operated Mall at the Ground Level. Need we say more? Affordable luxury but still with the Shang Brand that is known for its Excellence and Attention to detail.

More info on this Link:
http://us8.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...9&e=dabfd34c1d

GRAND LAUNCH on MAY 8 at BGC. Got my invite na from my agent.
Looks very interesting!
Markram: This is the original post from this thread...as you can see, this is the mid-range of Shangri-la, so they can sell at a lower price, the made smaller units...buyers have the option to buy bigger units naman.
Old July 10th, 2017, 06:42 AM   #1457
Condodoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by --SuperB0y-- View Post
I was told the same thing, TO balance is only due upon TO. Which makes perfect sense.
They will actually NOT deposit the check and just ask for a replacement ...you also have the option to finance the lumpsum through the bank...security lang ang check. In my experience, they never use it.

BTW, i issues the small old checls, which are no longer negotiable in the banks (starting July 1, 2017) so I am waiting for them to call me so that I can issue new checks.

xtindcx liked this post
Old July 16th, 2017, 06:31 AM   #1458
todjikid
perfect day 4 bananafish

Likes (Received): 542

you can already see the cladding of the residents' entrance.

mon_dy, InfinitiFX45, MakatiBoy, xtindcx liked this post
todjikid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2017, 06:32 AM   #1459
jezhang

Quote:
Originally Posted by todjikid View Post
you can already see the cladding of the residents' entrance.

the pic is not showing
jezhang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2017, 06:34 AM   #1460
todjikid
perfect day 4 bananafish

Likes (Received): 542

i can already see my unit