Oxygen | Store St | 109m/52m/33m | 33/16/10 fl | U/C - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Manchester Metro Area > Manchester Construction Projects

Manchester Construction Projects Projects being built in Manchester

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 23rd, 2006, 02:59 AM   #1
jrb
10th February 2008

Likes (Received): 45856

Oxygen | Store St | 109m/52m/33m | 33/16/10 fl | U/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyOne View Post
That's the site owned by Time & Tide homes and is having a very large proposal being drawn up by Austin Smith Lord is it not? There was an article on it not so long ago.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/binaryape/275400654/

Propsed site.(opposite the 21 storey ISIS tower)

Last edited by jrb; October 23rd, 2006 at 08:49 AM.
jrb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 23rd, 2006, 03:34 AM   #2
SleepyOne

Likes (Received): 1

You might want to amend the title of this thread jrb. Post #116, Piccadilly Basin thread.

Quote:
Time & Tide sets sights on 20-storey Manchester tower

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lancaster-based developer Time & Tide is to submit a planning application for a £58m, 20-storey tower in the Piccadilly area of central Manchester.

The developer wants to build the 220,000 sq ft scheme on the corner of Great Ancoats Street and Store Street, close to Inacity's planned tower development.

The scheme will comprise 250 residential and live-work units as well as a 3,500 sq ft retail unit fronting Great Ancoats Street.

As well as the 20-storey tower, a "satellite" building of 7 storeys will also be included in the scheme.

The development will be aimed at the owner occupier market, rather than investors.

John Asplin, director of Time & Tide, said: "The Manchester site has huge potential and represents a real step in Time and Tide's development.

"Piccadilly is growing quickly and investment such as this will be critical to the regeneration of Piccadilly and the ongoing revitalisation of the wider area."

Consultation on the Manchester scheme is expected to begin later this month and a decision on planning is anticipated in the autumn.
SleepyOne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2006, 11:54 AM   #3
Farsight

Likes (Received): 1011

Thanks for the info jrb, Sleepy.
Farsight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 23rd, 2006, 02:08 PM   #4
rolybling
Less is more.

Likes (Received): 2240

Thanks for the info guys, this one seems to have past me by I didn't know anything about this. I look forward to some decent renders of the plans.
Old November 15th, 2006, 11:51 AM   #5
macc

Likes (Received): 78

Renders in the MEN about this. Page 2 in homes section.

29 stories with a 6 storey block next to it. 330 appartments £117,00+. Looking for approval early next year.

It called 'Gravity'.

Can anyone scan the picture in? It reminds me a little of the curved corner section of abito, were the shape continued to make an oval....only taller.

I really like the hotpotch of designs that is due, from Islington Wharf to Skyline Central.

Old November 15th, 2006, 02:19 PM   #6
highriser

Likes (Received): 197

I really like it ,,, cylinder shape .

And just over the road from Islington Wharf .

This thread need changing to Gravity Tower 29 storeys
highriser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 02:40 PM   #7
Caiman
I love those crazy dutch

Likes (Received): 4090

I don't like the render in the MEN one bit personally, looks cheap and dated.
Old November 15th, 2006, 03:26 PM   #8
Farsight

Likes (Received): 1011

Looks quite nice.

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/ho...f_gravity.html

Pull of Gravity by Jill Burdett

ANOTHER towering scheme is being planned for Manchester. This one will soar 29 storeys at a site cornering Store Street and Great Ancoats Street, a mere shadow away from the Islington Wharf scheme, which is already taking shape just down the road.

Christened Gravity, not because it defies it, but because it will help pull people into East Manchester, it will be a mix of 330 apartments, with new shops on the ground floor.

Alongside the tower will be a six- storey block and the developers see the site as an important link between Piccadilly and the east.

Designed by architects Austin Smith Lord, the developers, Time & Tide, are aiming at owner occupiers with prices starting at £117,000 and interiors which will have sliding walls so you can configure the space how you want it.

They are also promising some three bedroom options and a new urban Park. The same company is just completing a scheme called Approach at the bottom of Blackfriars, at the other side of town, and MD John Asplin said: "As with all our projects Store Street will be a design-led development as focused on building communities as properties.

"Because we cater specifically for the owner-occupier market we can create more spacious apartments based in the needs of the occupier not the investor."

They are looking to get approval for the development early next year.
Farsight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 03:54 PM   #9
skymann
Gtr Mcr,1st after Gtr Ldn

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
Looks quite nice.

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/ho...f_gravity.html

Pull of Gravity by Jill Burdett

ANOTHER towering scheme is being planned for Manchester. This one will soar 29 storeys at a site cornering Store Street and Great Ancoats Street, a mere shadow away from the Islington Wharf scheme, which is already taking shape just down the road.

Christened Gravity, not because it defies it, but because it will help pull people into East Manchester, it will be a mix of 330 apartments, with new shops on the ground floor.

Alongside the tower will be a six- storey block and the developers see the site as an important link between Piccadilly and the east.

Designed by architects Austin Smith Lord, the developers, Time & Tide, are aiming at owner occupiers with prices starting at £117,000 and interiors which will have sliding walls so you can configure the space how you want it.

They are also promising some three bedroom options and a new urban Park. The same company is just completing a scheme called Approach at the bottom of Blackfriars, at the other side of town, and MD John Asplin said: "As with all our projects Store Street will be a design-led development as focused on building communities as properties.

"Because we cater specifically for the owner-occupier market we can create more spacious apartments based in the needs of the occupier not the investor."

They are looking to get approval for the development early next year.

Looks alright - could've been much worse and with Islington Wharf opposite and the new one on Store Street and then Eastgate, will be nice and dense round here pretty quickly.
skymann no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 05:25 PM   #10
BeardedGenius
Clean-shaven and foolish

Likes (Received): 5

I like it...

Following Time & Tide's controlled cycle of growth, the culmination of almost 18 months of work is concluded with the submission of the STORE STREET TOWER in MANCHESTER for planning permission. If approved this magnificent structure designed by the internationally renowned Architects AUSTIN SMITH LORD will provide 330 apartments with a ground floor convenience store and professional offices.

They have taken on board several rounds of public consultation with key stakeholders, design has been refined to benefit the community in general whilst acting as a landmark at the midway between Picadilly and New East Manchester, the junction of Store Street and Great Ancoats may never look the same again.

Not shirking their obligations to develop with the environment in mind plans aimes to achieve a top end of VERY GOOD eco homes rating.
insane love of football, of celebration and of music."
Eric Daniel Pierre Cantona
BeardedGenius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 05:37 PM   #11
Accura4Matalan

Likes (Received): 1732

Curvy...
Accura4Matalan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 05:37 PM   #12
chompo44

it looks good, but seems a little out of place in this low rise area

I like the CGI skip though, very classy couldn't they find a better photo?
chompo44 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 05:45 PM   #13
Ephemera
Not even Doom music...

That render makes it look much better, though I'm not entirely won over. Certainly the kind of thing needed in that area, it will help pull the city centre out more into Ancoats (or 'Eastern Gateway' for you fancy folk out there).

Last edited by Ephemera; November 15th, 2006 at 06:46 PM.
Ephemera no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 05:48 PM   #14
SimLim

Likes (Received):

Looks nice. Same shape as Block M at Masshouse, just with alot more glass.
Old November 15th, 2006, 05:52 PM   #15
macc

Likes (Received): 78

Do you think the glass has a blue tint to it or is that all from the sky's reflection? If its not blue, what do you reckon? Its very dark at the bottom.
Old November 15th, 2006, 06:04 PM   #16
Chogmook
Mancunian Member

Likes (Received): 840

See you sceptcal Brummies, it was only a matter of time before the curves started making an appearance, we needed the boxes to give our skyline some bulk! Brum already has those, which is why they got some curves earlier!!

Isn't this directly opposite ISIS?

Will make a fabulous and imposing gateway to the city centre!
Old November 15th, 2006, 06:06 PM   #17
The Longford
Cowboy of Love

Likes (Received): 19

But where am i going to buy my ladders from now on?
Old November 15th, 2006, 06:10 PM   #18
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Likes (Received): 82

It should look alright where it is. It has the 21 story Islington Wharf not far from it. Then at the other end of the street about away 200/300 meters I think we have Eastgate? Is that correct or is it the next street over.
andysimo123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 06:31 PM   #19
Mez

Likes (Received): 477

Quote:
it looks good, but seems a little out of place in this low rise area
Get rid of the Retail Park, (including ILVA-bads employers), and everything like that Die-casting site on Store street and hey presto. A chance for a super-DUPER cluster spreading from Eastgate.
Mez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 07:15 PM   #20
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Likes (Received): 82

I did this little map to show where the new tower is compared with the other developments. If I've missed any, buzz me and I'll add them. Am planning on doing a bigger one for the city centre with added pics and info. We had one on here but I think we need a new one.
andysimo123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: