SkyscraperCity Forum banner

October Days in São Paulo

6K views 36 replies 6 participants last post by  FAAN 
#1 ·
Last month I've gone on a 5-day trip to São Paulo. It wasn't my first time in the city but even though this was not an exclusively touristic trip I had some free time to explore the city a little more than I had done before. The time was not enough to see everything the city has to offer so I had to choose a few spots. I'll be showcasing photos in chronological order since my take off from Belém (where I live) until the end of this quick trip.

São Paulo has always enchanted me due to its extreme urban and cosmopolitan atmosphere. From the business talks on the sidewalks of Paulista Avenue, to the bohemian feel of the bars at Vila Madalena, to the various languages heard in its popular market streets, to the smells of food coming from restaurants of cuisines from all over the world, to the streetart exposed on its walls, to the rush at the subway, to the 'opposing' architecture styles side by side, to the distances that make you feel its magnitude, to the noisy and crazy traffic at its motorways, to the observance of the most diverse urban tribes along its streets, this city may not be an unanimity but it is truly unique.

I hope you enjoy the photos, I've taken most of the photos with the cellphone camera and a few with an old camera lol

See less See more
#2 ·
Most of the days were very cloudy and there was drizzle sometimes, it was also colder than the average for spring days. Not the best for the photos but it was just fine for me since I'm already fed up the amazon heat.

6. The Orthodox Cathedral a closo to Paraíso station

7. Arriving at Paulista Avenue

#4 ·
#5 ·
25. Liberdade, the Japanese District!

29. A little japanese garden just before the viaduct over the expressway

#7 ·
#8 ·
39. São Bento Monastery/São Bento Station

40. The streets were very empty because it was a sunday.

41. The Municipal Market

#13 ·
^Thanks, christos!!

57. A house in Vila Mariana district

59. 23 de Maio Avenue and the Ibirapuera Obelisk

#15 ·

67. Afro Brasil Museum

68. Ibirapuera Auditorium designed by Oscar Niemeyer

69. Vila Mariana in the background

#20 ·
Thanks, Benonie! I wish I had had more time to explore the city, there's so much to see and do!

Didn´t know that Antonio Banderas get own monument for his movie: The 13th warrior!
I'm just kidding - What I found is a very interesting story about "The Bandeirantes" Portuguese settlers in Brazil and fortune hunters.
:lol:

They may not have the best fame but they had a big importance in exploring the vastness of Brazil and even expanding our territory.

More photos next page.

#22 ·
#28 ·
Thanks!
Definitely not. Temperatures were ok ranging from 10°C to 22°C but it was very cloudy all the time. Just the last day was sunny.

#31 ·
94. A visit to MASP (Art Museum of São Paulo)

95. The following photos are all from the permanent exposition of the museum (photos of the temporary one were forbidden)

96. The museum is full of paintings of Brazilian and European artists such as Portinari, Monet and Renoir

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.