LONDON | Emirates Stadium | 60,361 | Completed - Page 46 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Cultural and Sporting Venues

Cultural and Sporting Venues From Football Stadiums to Opera Houses.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 6th, 2006, 06:28 PM   #901
Diaby

Likes (Received): 0

I do not have a clue when Scouser will be going next. If you want to speak to him you could use the forums /contact me in this site Click Here
FREEMAN dave is not a gunner is a Liverpool fan
Diaby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 6th, 2006, 08:00 PM   #902
_FREEMAN_

if he is a liverpool fan that is really amazing,because he is taking pictures for us the arsenal fans.really amazing not many people would do such a thing...and is he travelling all the way from liverpool to london every time he makes pictures or he is living in lodon
_FREEMAN_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2006, 09:24 PM   #903
East Upper Gooner

lives in luton if i remember correctly
East Upper Gooner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 7th, 2006, 02:04 AM   #904
me,myself and I

cheap version of "Estadio da Luz"
No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master.

Hunter S. Thompson
me,myself and I no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006, 02:13 AM   #905
bommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by me,myself and I
****!!
bommer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006, 09:53 AM   #906
clockender

Quote:
Originally Posted by me,myself and I

Don't know how many times these facts have to be repeated:

1. Emirates was designed first.
2. Da Luz was a copy of Emirates.
3. At £357 million, hardly a cheap stadium.

clockender no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006, 11:15 AM   #907
RCEG

It's now been a week or so since a pic update from Dave.... is he still alive?! Poor showing if Arse.con beat him to the punch, showing pics of the seat covers off ;-)

We're expecting good things on the next update Dave!!!
RCEG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006, 11:31 AM   #908
spud

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockender

Don't know how many times these facts have to be repeated:

1. Emirates was designed first.
2. Da Luz was a copy of Emirates.
3. At £357 million, hardly a cheap stadium.

can you back up the first 2 facts???

you know,considering da luz was built well before emirates (3 years). hardly solid grounds to claim da luz is a copy of a smaller,only just finished stadium is it?

if anything emirates is a shrunken copy of da luz...and i imagine every commentator will refer to that fact during the upcoming season
spud no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006, 11:46 AM   #909
bommer

anyone know what the crane pictured on the webcam
is meant to be doing? emailed Dave yesterday but as
yet no response,so left to do me thinks is as follows.
1,install advertising boards around the stadium.
2,complete dugouts.
3,finishing off the concourses.
4,having a bloody good clean up.
oh anyone know if the megastore is still being worked on!
bommer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006, 12:05 PM   #910
RCEG

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
can you back up the first 2 facts???

you know,considering da luz was built well before emirates (3 years). hardly solid grounds to claim da luz is a copy of a smaller,only just finished stadium is it?

if anything emirates is a shrunken copy of da luz...and i imagine every commentator will refer to that fact during the upcoming season
Emirates was in fact designed at the back end of 2001, and images of it were shared in 2002. The original plan was that Arsenal would move there in 2004, but endless planning and funding disputes have pushed the project back two years.

That is fact, and I can confirm that it was designed before the new Estadio Da Luz.

You like to get in the fact that it's smaller, don't you? 5,000 smaller - whereas our new stadium will hold 24,000 more than Shite Hart Pain. And even though Benfica's stadium holds a bit more than ours, our matchday revenue will be the highest in world football. That's another fact.
Old July 7th, 2006, 01:00 PM   #911
RCEG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bommer
anyone know what the crane pictured on the webcam
is meant to be doing? emailed Dave yesterday but as
yet no response,so left to do me thinks is as follows.
1,install advertising boards around the stadium.
2,complete dugouts.
3,finishing off the concourses.
4,having a bloody good clean up.
oh anyone know if the megastore is still being worked on!
Re the megastore, or 'The Armoury' as it will be called, I assume it's full steam ahead. It's supposed to be opening in the week leading up to the Bergkamp testimonial, so they should be getting close to finishing it.
Old July 7th, 2006, 02:26 PM   #912
Diaby

Anyone looking at the webcam ATM can you tell me what is located at the area cirled in green in the pic below. It is right next to the players tunnel.

Sorry about the small pic but for some reason photobucket has shrunk my image
Diaby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006, 02:58 PM   #913
James21

i've been wondering that myself, it looks like something is poking out of the tunnel. I can only think it is something to do with the dugouts, but cant think what!
James21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006, 03:43 PM   #914

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCEG
Emirates was in fact designed at the back end of 2001, and images of it were shared in 2002. The original plan was that Arsenal would move there in 2004, but endless planning and funding disputes have pushed the project back two years.

That is fact, and I can confirm that it was designed before the new Estadio Da Luz.

You like to get in the fact that it's smaller, don't you? 5,000 smaller - whereas our new stadium will hold 24,000 more than Shite Hart Pain. And even though Benfica's stadium holds a bit more than ours, our matchday revenue will be the highest in world football. That's another fact.
SHUT THE **** UP! SHUT UP!!!!!

Both as bad as each other. Anyway Emirates is better than WHL but stop this silly oh its bigger, oh shite hart pain, oh we'll have more money Just incase you didn't know RCEG Tottenham have spent a staggering £20m and only early July. Stop this silly banter it happened for ages between me (THFC), Sitback (AFC), JimB (THFC), Roar (AFC). Its silly and there is just no point in saying silly things about another club. I don't think there was a need to say Tottenham had spent £20m but hey I did and some times when I did say stuff like that it would start a silly tag-team match of hand bags.

Spud stop the stupidity. This is a forum to talk about stadia I admit that I hate the Woolwich as much as the next man but I still think their stadium is class. If I (who ruined thread after thread) can realise that then maybe you can.
2005 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006, 04:05 PM   #915
RCEG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005
I still think their stadium is class
Thanks for admitting it. As for all this 'poor version of La Luz' I've never heard more b*llocks. Yes it's ever so slightly smaller, but the exterior and facilities are head an shoulders above it. And any other British club stadium.
Old July 7th, 2006, 04:09 PM   #916
spud

Quote:

da luz's Inauguration: 25 October 2003, lets be very conservative and say it took them 18 months to build it then add to that the design process....i'd put that before "the back end of 2001".

consider this though, both were designed by HOK,both emirates & luz are basically the same, is it not beyond the realms of possiblity that it's the same stadium..but made to meet the different requirements wanted by the customer..arsenal wanted 60k & benfica wanted 65k, i'd bet da luz doesn't have half the corporate facitlites emirates has which is why one cost £79million and the over £300million...

in fact you can trace the HOK design all the way back to the reebok,

as for the size.....which i could care less about as it matters.

Quote:
our matchday revenue will be the highest in world football. That's another fact
is that something to be proud of???? you are being charged more than anyone else....you london folk must be loaded
Old July 7th, 2006, 04:22 PM   #917
RCEG

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud
consider this though, both were designed by HOK,both emirates & luz are basically the same........ which is why one cost £79million and the over £300million...
Yes, both were designed by HOK Sport. The whole project is costing Arsenal £379million, with the stadium coming in at £260m. Included in this is the cost for design.

Taking into account the hugely inflated construction costs in London, this still is quite a difference in cost. Yes Emirates has a lot of executive facilities, but it's the facilities for the ordinary fan which also pisses over Estadio da Luz. All seats upholstered, apparently very comfortable - you'd expect these to cost a lot more than your normal cheap plastic. Catering facilities and concourses will be a lot better from the pics I've seen (of both stadiums).

Even so, still a huge difference in cost. The design part would have cost Arsenal an arm and a leg, so does the fact Estadio da Luz cost so little suggest that HOK provided them with a ready made plan?

Short of getting someone from HOK to confirm timelines, we could go on about this all day. Fact of the matter is, we're ending up with a top quality stadium which will bring in a whole load more cash for the club. Who cares if it's smaller than Benfica's stadium?

You're implying that Arsenal saw Benfica's completed stadium and thought "ooh, that looks nice - we'll have that". Which is, of course, completed rubbish.
Old July 7th, 2006, 04:24 PM   #918
_FREEMAN_

Quote:
SHUT THE **** UP! SHUT UP!!!!!

Both as bad as each other. Anyway Emirates is better than WHL but stop this silly oh its bigger, oh shite hart pain, oh we'll have more money Just incase you didn't know RCEG Tottenham have spent a staggering £20m and only early July. Stop this silly banter it happened for ages between me (THFC), Sitback (AFC), JimB (THFC), Roar (AFC). Its silly and there is just no point in saying silly things about another club. I don't think there was a need to say Tottenham had spent £20m but hey I did and some times when I did say stuff like that it would start a silly tag-team match of hand bags.

Spud stop the stupidity. This is a forum to talk about stadia I admit that I hate the Woolwich as much as the next man but I still think their stadium is class. If I (who ruined thread after thread) can realise that then maybe you can.
this is forum for the new stadium of Arsenal FC and nothing else for so you tottenham son of a bitch can get the hell out of here and gloat somewhere else!!!
_FREEMAN_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006, 04:44 PM   #919
spud

Quote:

what you talking about you pleb....i think we're exploring the important origins of HOK stadium design...i'm comparing one stadium against another..
Old July 7th, 2006, 04:54 PM   #920
spud

Quote:
Yes, both were designed by HOK Sport. The whole project is costing Arsenal £379million, with the stadium coming in at £260m. Included in this is the cost for design.

Quote:
Taking into account the hugely inflated construction costs in London, this still is quite a difference in cost. Yes Emirates has a lot of executive facilities, but it's the facilities for the ordinary fan which also pisses over Estadio da Luz. All seats upholstered, apparently very comfortable - you'd expect these to cost a lot more than your normal cheap plastic. Catering facilities and concourses will be a lot better from the pics I've seen (of both stadiums).
Even so, still a huge difference in cost. The design part would have cost Arsenal an arm and a leg, so does the fact Estadio da Luz cost so little suggest that HOK provided them with a ready made plan?

Short of getting someone from HOK to confirm timelines, we could go on about this all day. Fact of the matter is, we're ending up with a top quality stadium which will bring in a whole load more cash for the club. Who cares if it's smaller than Benfica's stadium?

You're implying that Arsenal saw Benfica's completed stadium and thought "ooh, that looks nice - we'll have that". Which is, of course, completed rubbish.

c'mon......don't quote me and then edit it to suit??

Quote:
thats the answer to the reason for the difference in price...not the fact asrenal paid for the designs and benfica didn't....

Quote:
far from it.. i'm implying arsenal went to HOK with a spec list and HOK adapted a previous design......or of course visa versa...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement