Herning Projects - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark

Denmark » Copenhagen | Aarhus

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old August 9th, 2005, 10:46 PM   #1
mlm
Member #109

Likes (Received): 131

Herning Projects

Small rundown of what happening construction- and plan wise in Herning right now. There's quite a small boom these years, I'll only focus on projects in the most central part of Herning here in the first post.

Nørreparken
First we have the big one, the new Nørreparken proposed earlier today. The 500+ million DKR project will consist of some 27.000 m2:

8000 m2 DGI Water/Culture center
7000 m2 Residential
3000-4500 m2 Hotel
3500 m2 Mediahouse
3500 m2 Social and healthcare center

The residential part is a 20 storey highrise, it could be expanded to 25 stories:

(© Kobra Arkitekter A/S)

Dalgashus
Dalgashus is a 5 storey shopping/residential center completed last year. There are also 4 floors underground with a big parking garage:

Nybolig
Just in front of Dalgashus a new office building has been constructed. The 3 storey building was opened a few months ago:

Danske Bank Finanscenter
And just across the street from the office building, Danske Bank (largest Danish bank) are gonna build a 5 storey finance center. This area is Hernings small "wall street" with 5 big banks pretty much next to each other.

They just started taking down the 4 houses that stod on the site a few days ago. This is how it will look:

Now a few residential projects, all under construction and all quite ordinary. But atleast they'll make the central part of Herning more dense :

Sjællandsgade
4 Storey building with parking garage:

(© Kobra Arkitekter A/S)

La Cabana
5 Storey senior residential building. To be completed soon:

(© Fællesbo)

Nygade
4 Storey building + parking garage:

(© Kobra Arkitekter A/S)

Fermaten
Music club are being expanded. Re-construction to start soon. The archtect are Kim Utzon, son of Jørn Utzon:

First how it looks right now:

And when re-build:

(© Kim Utzon)

There are a few other sites that are being prepared for construction, mostly 4 storey residentials. And then there is also a quite large site just next to the city hall, where the old fire station has just been demolished. There were plans for an 8 storey building, but they have started all over with the plans, so no one knows what will be build there right now.

Finally a bunch of new residential buildings completed in the last 2-4 years. All in the central part of the city too:

More on projects in other parts of Herning later.

Last edited by mlm; August 10th, 2005 at 12:01 AM.
mlm no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 9th, 2005, 11:15 PM   #2
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malmö | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 739

Nice projects for a town like Herning! The first examples are really typical for Danish architecture right now. So slick, so smooth.
Old August 9th, 2005, 11:57 PM   #3
Hviid
Positivist

Likes (Received): 80

I dont like too many of these projects ... They're too oldfashioned ... but for a town like Herning i guess its alright
Advertisement

Old August 10th, 2005, 11:33 AM   #4
Danish_guy

Likes (Received): 1

i allso saw what in the news yesterday what´s great for Herning.
what DGI city sounds crazy but i think i know why they will builld it. it´s b/c herning want to have the young Olympic games in some years and really think we can get it.

sry about my english guys i hope u will understand it
Danish_guy no está en línea  
Old August 10th, 2005, 12:41 PM   #5
mlm
Member #109

Hi Danish_guy and welcome to the forum

Great to see another Herningenser here.

And don't worry about your english skills, I'm sure most people here understands what you're saying

I guess you're right about the youth olympics. I remember that the Danish olympic committee visited Herning lately, and one of the things they didn't like were the swimming facilities in town.
mlm no está en línea  
Old August 10th, 2005, 02:09 PM   #6
Danish_guy

im really not from herning but tjørring only 3 km from "downtown". btw ive heard what about the swimming facilities and i thing that DGI city is going to fix what problem.

Last edited by Danish_guy; September 18th, 2005 at 11:52 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2005, 02:25 PM   #7
mlm
Member #109

Small update, with a few projects that has been completed.

First a few new images of the "Nybolig" office building, also seen in post one:

Moving some 500 meters to the west, we find "Dalgasparken", a residential project completed about 2 years ago. This one is located right next to the current tallest in Herning, Codanhus. The complex consist of two buildings, a 5 and a 4 storey building. The 5 storey first:

Some solar cells on the staircases:

And here the smaller building:

mlm no está en línea  
Old September 3rd, 2005, 06:20 PM   #8
mlm
Member #109

Another small update from today.

First a single photo of the new fire/ambulance/falck station. This one opened about a year ago. Nothing super special. One nice thing about it though, is that 2 sites are now empty, one of them right in the middle of Herning, where the old firestation was, hopefully something nice will be build there.

Some of you maybe remember something about an artificial lake being made, "Fuglsang Sø". The first part of it is now done, and the big opening ceremony was today. Next stage is construction of about 500 residential units around the lake, ranging from 2 to 5 stories.

Photos from the ceremony today, it was quite crowded outthere:

Last edited by mlm; September 3rd, 2005 at 06:33 PM.
mlm no está en línea  
Old September 3rd, 2005, 06:52 PM   #9
DenverDane

Likes (Received): 14

Thanks, for the update, mlm!
Water always helps to make a city/town more interesting. BTW, how did they get the water into the lake?
DenverDane no está en línea  
Old September 3rd, 2005, 07:07 PM   #10
mlm
Member #109

The lake is actually a ground water lake, so it came by itself

They are talking about "quality architecture" for all the new residentials that are to be build there, so I'm really looking forward to seing some renderings. The first 3 consortiums (spelling?) was just chosen for the fist stage of the construction. Hopefully there'll be more news soon.

There are also another new lake, a bit larger than this one, also soon to be done. It will be close to the new motorway (towards Vejle), but it will just be the lake and not much more. They are also planning yet another lake very close to this Fuglsang Sø. It is supposed to be much larger than this one, and it will include a rowing stadium with international size. There's a map on the municipality website, but it seems to be down at the moment. I'll post it when the site is back up.
mlm no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2005, 08:12 PM   #11
Danish_guy

ive allso was there yesterday. its great that herning got the youth olympics
Old September 4th, 2005, 08:25 PM   #12
Hviid
Positivist

Likes (Received): 80

Nice updates! I'm obsessed with the pictures you took of the lake! Really really awesome!
Old September 6th, 2005, 08:38 PM   #13
sander
User

Likes (Received): 0

Really nice projects. It`s cool that brick is used in many buildings. Nørreparken
tower looks a bit commieblockish, but lower part is interesting.
sander no está en línea  
Old September 6th, 2005, 08:59 PM   #14
mlm
Member #109

Here's another rendering of the Danske Bank Finanscenter. The lower part to the right will be clad in some kind of stone, while the dark one to the left will have glass facade.

It should go UC soon in the small "Wall Street" Two more new buildings are also going to be build next to it. The archtect told me they were going to build there too, but no renderings so far.

(© Kobra Arkitekter A/S)
mlm no está en línea  
Old September 7th, 2005, 10:49 PM   #15
Danish_guy

kobra arkitekter is building everything here in herning?
Old September 7th, 2005, 11:03 PM   #16
mlm
Member #109

/\ Not everything, but surely a lot these years. They are getting quite big. They have also designed one of the 3 approved plans for the new buildings at Fuglsang Sø. Haven't seen any renderings yet though.
mlm no está en línea  
Old September 7th, 2005, 11:13 PM   #17
Danish_guy

i think they will win that one about fuglsang sø
Old September 8th, 2005, 12:40 AM   #18
mlm
Member #109

Actually they already won, but they are only part of 1 out of the first 3 projects. More info in this article.
mlm no está en línea  
Old September 8th, 2005, 11:15 PM   #19
solbyair
ze kreat ant ze onli

Likes (Received): 0

How big is Herning? I saw on a map over the Danish motorway network they were currently building one motorway from Aarhus and one other motorway from Lille Baelt (Vejle) to Herning. Or is it a big transportation hub for Jutland and therefore need new roads?
solbyair no está en línea  
Old September 9th, 2005, 12:13 AM   #20
mlm
Member #109

Herning ain't very big, the population of the municipality is 59.277 (Jan 1st, 2005). After the new municipality reform it will have some 82-83.000.

Some of the reasons why Herning is getting these 2 motorways are that the area has a lot of companies that uses a lot of trucks on the roads. Of course there's not the same kind of traffic here as in Copenhagen or Århus, but these trucks can make it kind of a slow experience to drive sometimes. Another reason is Messecenter Herning, which is one of the largest exhibition centers in Northern Europe, and therefore also generates quite a lot of traffic around here (more than 500.000 visitors each year).

There's of course also the "western Denmark need something when Eastern Denmark get something" (big bridges, new motorways etc.) in this, and the politicians from Jutland has been quite good a getting investments over here. Not all Copenhageners agree on this kind of policy, but hey, that's their problem.
mlm no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread