MAKATI | The Columns Legazpi Village [res] - Page 42 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Metro Manila Projects on the Rise > Completed Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 5.00 average.
Old July 27th, 2011, 06:05 PM   #821
Gr33nArch3r

Likes (Received): 0

15k for an unfurnished studio is cheap. Considering that is in the CBD and not just in the periphery. I would think you could get higher rent than the 30k for a 2 bedroom unit in ayala ave. Parang rent lang sa panget na condo like california gardens in manda. I suggest hooking up with a broker or furnishing your unit. You dont have to spend 250k. It just have to feel like the interiors are worth 250k.
Gr33nArch3r no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 27th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #822
Gr33nArch3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchgrey

What flood are you talking about? I was in TCLV from May-July 16, 2011. And there was not a single flooding even thought it was raining almost everyday.
Sorry to burst ur bubble but the area where TCLV stands occassionally gets flooded. It is not as bad as the chino roces and buendia area, but flooding in the area can and had occured in the past
Old July 27th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #823
hatchgrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr33nArch3r View Post
Sorry to burst ur bubble but the area where TCLV stands occassionally gets flooded. It is not as bad as the chino roces and buendia area, but flooding in the area can and had occured in the past
I know the history of the place where TCLV now stands. It used to be a gasoline station. And before, it would get flooded. But Ayala has constructed the necessary drainage and pumping systems that it will never get flooded. They are so confident of it that if you did not know, they even constructed 2 parking levels below the ground floor. That means dozens of cars are parked in 2 levels below the ground level. I have asked management about flooding scenarios on that building and it won't happen. Probably worst-case scenario that it will flood if the whole country gets flooded. In that case, there's nothing anybody can do.
hatchgrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 27th, 2011, 09:23 PM   #824
hatchgrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by todjikid View Post
ganun ba? shouldn't the rent appreciate along with the yearly inflation, high demand, ayala-brand? i think you unit-owner needs to pimp up the unit. the lighting is bland and not too enticing.
Not necessarily that rental price or property value will rise through the years. It depends on several factors. One is the location. In bad areas, rent will go down instead of up. Another factor is the maintenance of the building itself and the individual units. If condo management does not maintain the building and it deteriorates, rental price will collapse. If you are a unit owner and you do not do regular improvement and maintenance of your own unit (re-painting, renovation, improvements) and it deteriorates, you cannot charge higher definitely. Also a factor is the maintenance and improvement of the surrounding areas where the condo is located. It does not matter if the condo is maintained properly. If the surrounding areas (other buildings, streets, sidewalks, etc) deteriorates, the rent and/or property value will go down.

In my opinion, Columns Ayala is not in a good location in terms of transportation availability and distances from commercial/shopping areas. I visited the place when we were buying Columns Legazpi in 2006. It is a very hard-to-reach area and the only way to go there is by taxi (if you don't have your own car). There is no public transportation anywhere near. If you are renting there and you don't have your own car, the only way to travel in and out is by taxi and after awhile, the transportation costs add up and it becomes very expensive.

If you are in Makati, you should check Columns Ayala and see why the rent there are very low for studios, 1-bedroom and 2-bedrooms. I can't really explain why but I think it has all to do with the location because the inside of the building itself is very nice. Our agent gave us a tour of the place in 2006 when she was selling us TCLV. The swimming pool there was amazing. Although it is in Makati, it is not a prime-location. And from the upper floors in one side view, you can actually see a huge cementery -- I think it's the Manila cementery (not sure what) and that cementery seems like a walking distance from the condo (Columns Ayala) because it's was very near.

Last edited by hatchgrey; July 27th, 2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old July 27th, 2011, 10:32 PM   #825
Gr33nArch3r

I was also suprised to know that there are 2 basement parking in TCLV. Ayala must be pretty confident that the area will not be flooded anymore if they did 2 basement parking. But yes, we can never know until a diluge of biblical proportions happen. Only then, we can know for sure if the area is flood-free (see Ondoy). Hopefully, that never happens (again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchgrey View Post
I know the history of the place where TCLV now stands. It used to be a gasoline station. And before, it would get flooded. But Ayala has constructed the necessary drainage and pumping systems that it will never get flooded. They are so confident of it that if you did not know, they even constructed 2 parking levels below the ground floor. That means dozens of cars are parked in 2 levels below the ground level. I have asked management about flooding scenarios on that building and it won't happen. Probably worst-case scenario that it will flood if the whole country gets flooded. In that case, there's nothing anybody can do.
Old July 27th, 2011, 10:41 PM   #826
Gr33nArch3r

Hmmnn..pretty interesting. I never thought that rent in the Columns Ayala Ave is that low. I always thought that it would get at least the same amount of rent as Legaspi Vill or Salcedo Vill since it is in the Makati CBD. If I post that I am renting my studio unit in Legaspi Village for Php 15K a month, my phone will be ringing off the hook. Note, my unit is in a building built 10 years ago and is "non-Ayala". I am renting it for 25K. It is furnished, but furnishing a unit shouldn't be that expensive. Having it interior decorated is expensive pero when you're renting it out, it does not have to be pimped out.

This little nuggest of information must not sit well with investors who bought in Lerato and Jazz...

Quote:
In my opinion, Columns Ayala is not in a good location in terms of transportation availability and distances from commercial/shopping areas. I visited the place when we were buying Columns Legazpi in 2006. It is a very hard-to-reach area and the only way to go there is by taxi (if you don't have your own car). There is no public transportation anywhere near. If you are renting there and you don't have your own car, the only way to travel in and out is by taxi and after awhile, the transportation costs add up and it becomes very expensive.

If you are in Makati, you should check Columns Ayala and see why the rent there are very low for studios, 1-bedroom and 2-bedrooms. I can't really explain why but I think it has all to do with the location because the inside of the building itself is very nice. Our agent gave us a tour of the place in 2006 when she was selling us TCLV. The swimming pool there was amazing. Although it is in Makati, it is not a prime-location. And from the upper floors in one side view, you can actually see a huge cementery -- I think it's the Manila cementery (not sure what) and that cementery seems like a walking distance from the condo (Columns Ayala) because it's was very near.
Old July 27th, 2011, 11:37 PM   #827
hatchgrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr33nArch3r View Post
Hmmnn..pretty interesting. I never thought that rent in the Columns Ayala Ave is that low. I always thought that it would get at least the same amount of rent as Legaspi Vill or Salcedo Vill since it is in the Makati CBD. If I post that I am renting my studio unit in Legaspi Village for Php 15K a month, my phone will be ringing off the hook. Note, my unit is in a building built 10 years ago and is "non-Ayala". I am renting it for 25K. It is furnished, but furnishing a unit shouldn't be that expensive. Having it interior decorated is expensive pero when you're renting it out, it does not have to be pimped out.

This little nuggest of information must not sit well with investors who bought in Lerato and Jazz...
Important to those who are interested in buying a unit in Lerato. This is a new development of Ayala/Alveo that is new and still being constructed. We were planning to buy a unit there last November 2010. In fact, we already wired the 50k deposit that month. But when we were researching the actual address/location, we found out that the building is right beside that huge manila cementery. In fact, the cementery is almost across the street from the building (just a few yards away). We immediately requested our money/deposit back which was supposed to be non-refundable. We almost lost our 50k and took us several months to get it back and the reason they returned it was because we were also intending to buy another unit at Meranti (beside Serendra).

Take note - if you look at the actual map of Lerato (marketing brochure), you will never find the cementery in that map. It is not shown there. But the cementery is HUGE -- it's like 4 blocks wide. Check google (search Makati Map) and then go to the area where Lerato is being built and you will see the cementery. I figured nobody would live or rent a unit where your window view is a huge cementery. My wife does not think so :-)). We found out about that cementeray AFTER we wired our deposit.
Old July 28th, 2011, 03:09 AM   #828
nez

Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
maybe they made TCLV flood resistant, but it doesn't follow that said part of Makati won't get flooded anymore. saw the flood there as recent as May. i wonder how it fared with the recent typhoon juaning.
nez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 05:30 AM   #829
gayle.rochelle

Hello everyone...

Any word on the actual turnover date for Tower 2?

The guards there said it may probably be early next year...

Hope its not true though.

Thanks
gayle.rochelle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 05:34 AM   #830
panaliganmo

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
TCLV is bounded by Arnaiz Avenue (formerly Pasay Road), Amorsolo, Benavidez and Adelantado Streets.

The portion of Aranaiz in front of TCLV gets flooded during strong downpours, but Amorsolo, Benavidez and Adelantado are spared.
panaliganmo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 06:39 AM   #831
joshualegaspi32

Likes (Received): 3

wow, i never thought that the Columns Ayala Ave would be that cheap to rent out... and i was under the impression that they rent higher than the Legaspi project.
joshualegaspi32 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 08:37 AM   #832
Gr33nArch3r

My apologies in advance. I know this OT but this is for the TCAA owner who can't rent out his/her unit. Would you consider selling your two bedroom unit? I would be interested if the price would reflect the rental yields that you've been getting.
Old July 28th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #833
hatchgrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by panaliganmo View Post
TCLV is bounded by Arnaiz Avenue (formerly Pasay Road), Amorsolo, Benavidez and Adelantado Streets.

The portion of Aranaiz in front of TCLV gets flooded during strong downpours, but Amorsolo, Benavidez and Adelantado are spared.
Yes that's true -- the portion of the Arnaiz Ave street gets flooded during heavy rains. But if you have been to the TCLV you will see that from the Arnaiz Ave, the ground floor of the TCLV building is about 4-5 feet higher that the street level that you actually have to go up the stairs to reach the lobby if you are entering the building from Arnaiz Ave. Arnaiz Ave is backdoor entrance/exit to the building. The front entrance is actually opposite Arnaiz Ave which is the corner of Benavidez and Adelantado. If you are taking a taxi going to TCLV, you tell the taxi driver the address which is the corner of Benavidez and Adelantado St because that is the only way in for the taxi, car of delivery trucks, not Arnaiz. There is no place to park in Arnaiz Ave.
Old July 29th, 2011, 04:00 AM   #834
panaliganmo

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Yes that's true -- the portion of the Arnaiz Ave street gets flooded during heavy rains. But if you have been to the TCLV you will see that from the Arnaiz Ave, the ground floor of the TCLV building is about 4-5 feet higher that the street level that you actually have to go up the stairs to reach the lobby if you are entering the building from Arnaiz Ave. Arnaiz Ave is backdoor entrance/exit to the building. The front entrance is actually opposite Arnaiz Ave which is the corner of Benavidez and Adelantado. If you are taking a taxi going to TCLV, you tell the taxi driver the address which is the corner of Benavidez and Adelantado St because that is the only way in for the taxi, car of delivery trucks, not Arnaiz. There is no place to park in Arnaiz Ave.
Yes, am very much familiar with TCLV. Looking forward to moving in as soon as renovation work on my unit is completed.
panaliganmo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 05:37 AM   #835
California123

Need help on finding a Leasing Agent or Leasing Company

Does anybody know of a successful leasing agent or leasing company that you have experienced working with? I own a 2-bedroom (fully-furnished), high-end unit I would like to rent out. Thanks.
California123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 06:25 AM   #836
acibig

Tower 2

any updates?

Last edited by acibig; March 8th, 2012 at 06:51 AM.
acibig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2011, 05:31 AM   #837
tomato_soup

Quote:

i think your info regarding TCAA's location here is wrong. i've been living in TCAA since 2006 and one of the reasons why we got the unit (pre-selling, 2.1M for a studio unit so no complaints on that) was because of it's location. it's at the corner of ayala and buendia and public transportation abound here! if you want to go to taft, sa baba lang, meron ng jeep, bus or fx. same if you want to go sa mrt naman, just go to the opposite side, sa harap ng rcbc. if you want to go to ayala, andyan lang din jeep and bus sa may people support. linalakad lang din namin yan minsan lalo na if galing sa mall and mahirap humanap ng public transpo. if you want to go to manila, meron jeep dyan lang din sa baba. wala din problem sa taxi dito, madaling makahanap. if madaling araw ka aalis, walang problema, nadyan pa rin mga jeeps and buses and if you prefer to ride the taxi, maraming naghihintay sa harap lang ng rcbc. daming choices ng public transpo dito.

i think you should visit the place again and i'm sure you will be surprised. not getting into a fight here hehe just setting the facts straight.

Last edited by tomato_soup; July 30th, 2011 at 05:59 AM.
tomato_soup no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #838
derf

Likes (Received): 140

Columns Ayala may probably even have the best location among the residential condos in or near Ayala as far as public transpo is concerned. Whereas many of the residential condos there are situated along the inner streets near Ayala, this one is on the corner of Makati's two busiest streets, Ayala and Gil Puyat. Buses going to from EDSA pass by there. Buses going to Quiapo also pass by there. Jeepneys going to Zapote and Taft and Guadalupe also pass by there.

As for the cemetery view, well soon it will be blocked by Lerato and Alphaland. Im not sure though if the unit owners will like it. I would rather have a cemetery view than to be blocked by another building..
derf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2011, 08:41 PM   #839
miss the phils
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Important to those who are interested in buying a unit in Lerato. This is a new development of Ayala/Alveo that is new and still being constructed. We were planning to buy a unit there last November 2010. In fact, we already wired the 50k deposit that month. But when we were researching the actual address/location, we found out that the building is right beside that huge manila cementery. In fact, the cementery is almost across the street from the building (just a few yards away). We immediately requested our money/deposit back which was supposed to be non-refundable. We almost lost our 50k and took us several months to get it back and the reason they returned it was because we were also intending to buy another unit at Meranti (beside Serendra).

Take note - if you look at the actual map of Lerato (marketing brochure), you will never find the cementery in that map. It is not shown there. But the cementery is HUGE -- it's like 4 blocks wide. Check google (search Makati Map) and then go to the area where Lerato is being built and you will see the cementery. I figured nobody would live or rent a unit where your window view is a huge cementery. My wife does not think so :-)). We found out about that cementeray AFTER we wired our deposit.
good for renters pala ang Lerato....it must turn out to be very cheap pag nagkataon
miss the phils no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2011, 05:59 AM   #840
junbp

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Columns Ayala may probably even have the best location among the residential condos in or near Ayala as far as public transpo is concerned. Whereas many of the residential condos there are situated along the inner streets near Ayala, this one is on the corner of Makati's two busiest streets, Ayala and Gil Puyat. Buses going to from EDSA pass by there. Buses going to Quiapo also pass by there. Jeepneys going to Zapote and Taft and Guadalupe also pass by there.

As for the cemetery view, well soon it will be blocked by Lerato and Alphaland. Im not sure though if the unit owners will like it. I would rather have a cemetery view than to be blocked by another building..
Agree with you. Some posters forget about the BRT project part of the North CBD redevelopment by Ayala. If this project is completed, TCAA, The Lerato, Alphaland, etc. will be one of the more convenient developments to live in considering it's going to be a few meters away from the transpo exchange hub.

Also, I agree with you that I much prefer to have a quiet cemetery acrross my building rather than another condo unit/building as my view. I put privacy as a priority. Well, it's just a matter of personal preference really.
junbp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: