# UC / One40William / 92m / Office - Page 10 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Urban Spaces > Archives

Old November 23rd, 2006, 03:43 AM   #181
Blindfold
I said love, I said pet

Likes (Received): 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juddy View Post
Little Disapointed with it. Whats with the stair-case?

But should blend in well with Reine Sq.
Again, the above render is NOT representative of one of the four achitects engaged to draw up plans. Its a 'concept' render to give you a vague idea of what MIGHT happen but is more of a reflection of the intended use mix, massing as opposed to design.

The selected scheme is likely to bear no resemblance whatsoever to this render.
Advertisement

Old November 23rd, 2006, 04:05 AM   #182
Dilaz89

Likes (Received): 5865

THAT IS THE CONCEPT BY CCN ARCHITECHTS HIGHLIGHTING A POSSIBLE SCENARIO, NOTHING MORE!!!
Dilaz89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 04:17 AM   #183
Scraperfan
Single, looking to mingle

Likes (Received): 4400

@ Juddy.

It always amuses me how some people can miss the whole point that something is just a concept and not an indicative and contending render when it has been said over and over.
Scraperfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 1st, 2006, 04:41 AM   #184
Blindfold
I said love, I said pet

20 storeys - 96m

The winning design with plans and a model are on display in my building and i'm happy to say that this proposal is a stunner - but perhaps not for everyone.

Included are 2 levels of retail, skygardens and the old laneways at ground level are being reinstated for pedestrians.

Its a huge tower in terms of bulk and will compliment Raine Sq perfectly although its the complete opposite of Raine Square's smooth lines and sheer facades.

There is a variety of different claddings proposed for various sections. There are many sections of the tower that protrude outwards from the structre. Its certainly nothing like we've ever seen in Perth before and difficult to find words to describe.

Some environmental facts from the forthcoming media release (later today):

"Perth's first 5 star Green Star building (under the Green Building Council of Australia rating system), setting a new benchmark in sustainability in buildings in Perth.

? Around 19 per cent less emissions of greenhouse gases to the atmosphere over and above current industry best practice.

? It provides the equivalent savings of 108 houses or removing 91 cars from the roads.

? Low energy light systems that modulate based on the strength of daylight outside

? Lift systems that count the actual number of people in the building and reduce air quantities to match the occupancy

? High efficiency air conditioning systems that recover waste heat from the building

? Uses captured wastewater from showers and basins and recycling this through the building.

? Optimises the buildings form and fa?ade to minimise the amount of heat that the building absorbs from the atmosphere and to allow the building to loose heat and "breath" naturally.

? Features winter gardens on the western facades to treat high intensity solar loads, and extensive roof gardens to enhance the biodiversity across the development.

? Offers tenants a modern and environmentally sustainable workplace with the added convenience of being immediately adjacent to transport and civic amenities.

As well as achieving the 5 star from the green Building Council the development also will be built and operated at a 4.5 star rating under the Australian Building Greenhouse Rating scheme, which results in significant energy savings and emissions of carbon dioxide over current industry best practice buildings."
Old December 1st, 2006, 05:05 AM   #185
Blindfold
I said love, I said pet

Official Media Release:

1/12/2006

A major new commercial and retail development will rise above the new underground railway platforms on William Street and pump new life into Perth?s retail heart.

Unveiling a scale-model of the development, Planning and Infrastructure Minister Alannah MacTiernan said the 140 William Street project achieved a host of urban planning goals, including:

restoring heritage buildings;
setting new standards in energy and water efficiency; and
intensifying development around railway stations.
Ms MacTiernan said the Evolution Consortium, headed by Cbus Property, had been awarded the contract to purchase and privately develop the 140 William Street site.

?This $200million project, which includes constructing Western Australia?s first five-star Green Star rated office building, will be a benchmark for future commercial development across the State,? she said.

?It will create a new business and shopping precinct, bound by Wellington Street, William Street, Forrest Place and Murray Street Mall, which benefits from more than 50,000 passengers passing through the underground station every day.

?This includes a three-tiered, high rise building of six, 15 and 20 storeys and refurbished heritage buildings which provide approximately 36,000sqm of office space and 8,000sqm of retail space.

?Sustainable design features will focus on energy and water efficiency and waste management and include screening elements to the west to minimise heat load.

?Fully restored, the Wellington Building, the original Globe Hotel and the Baird?s Building in Wellington Street, along with the facade of the Mitchell Buildings, will be woven into the new development.

?The State Government has made a pre-commitment to lease 22,000sqm for Government offices for 15 years and, as a result, has achieved a very good rate for quality commercial space in a very accessible location.?

Subject to planning and development approvals from the Perth City Council and the Heritage Council, construction will commence in mid-2007, as the railway station is finished. Construction is expected to be completed at the end of 2009.
Old December 1st, 2006, 05:16 AM   #186
Bullswool
Perthite

Likes (Received): 790

Great news! Two great buildings being constructed at the same time. I will try and find a render or an image of the model if no one else has one.

Edit: I give up, I can't find any on the internet except the ones we have already seen, which sounds like are not getting used anyway.

Last edited by Bullswool; December 1st, 2006 at 05:24 AM.
Bullswool no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 05:49 AM   #187
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

Likes (Received): 2674

i just saw an article in the online west australian with pictures and it looks like it has taken the design from the indoor stadium, it is really stunning and i like it.
Old December 1st, 2006, 05:56 AM   #188
Scribbler

Likes (Received): 0

I've got pics, can't post til later. This one is a beauty.
Scribbler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 06:03 AM   #189
Bullswool
Perthite

Quote:
Originally Posted by docker View Post
i just saw an article in the online west australian with pictures and it looks like it has taken the design from the indoor stadium, it is really stunning and i like it.
Thanks for meantioning that, should of thought to check the west australian lol. So i got the pics, i was too impatient to wait for Scribbler lol.

This is the hottest building I have ever seen, I had chills down my back looking at this beauty! I have got nothing bad to say about it, its so sexy!

Old December 1st, 2006, 06:11 AM   #190
Pas

Likes (Received): 2

from corner of Williams & Hay

from Wellington

open section perspective

isom

section

It's 96.1m to the top of plant room 93m to roof (level 20)

who wants to see pics of the model?
Pas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 06:15 AM   #191
Bullswool
Perthite

thanks for the bigger pics, it is absolutetly stunning, this better be approved.
Old December 1st, 2006, 06:18 AM   #192
ryan79
Destorying our history

Likes (Received): 1399

Thats pretty full on! Hope it gets built cos I think it will be quite controversial, in other words too interesting for Perth.
Old December 1st, 2006, 06:18 AM   #193
Pas

should be an article in the west australian tomorrow and hopefully make front page news. This is such a cool building.. gold energy rating. The first building in Perth to achieve that I believe.

models

Old December 1st, 2006, 06:29 AM   #194
Pas

This one is definitely getting built..on top of the railway station. This is the winning scheme proposed by Mirvac Fini & Government Super Annuation Board chosen as the preferred developers.
Old December 1st, 2006, 06:50 AM   #195
Scraperfan
Single, looking to mingle

Likes (Received): 4400

I feel sick to my stomach. I dont like it at all.
Scraperfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 07:01 AM   #196
Scribbler

Nice one Pas - beat me to it and saved the trouble!
Old December 1st, 2006, 07:02 AM   #197
Cygnet
Sandgroper

Likes (Received): 30

Sensational!

I was really worried that the final design would not live up to the one in the conceptual flythrough video (which, although it had quirks that I disliked, was overall quite impressive, especially at street level). But this has made my day.

Great to see that it will be comparable in height to Raine Square. A shame that it doesn't include a cinema/entertainment precinct as a couple of people here suggested, but realistically, I wasn't expecting that to happen anyway.

I love the fragmented nature of the design, creating several differentiated 'zones'; as well as the rooftop gardens and indoor trees. I can't help but think these features would be great for residential buildings... anyone know of any examples where this has been done?

Last edited by Cygnet; May 21st, 2008 at 10:09 AM.
Cygnet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 07:33 AM   #198
Scribbler

One of the exciting things for me is the new bar that is proposed. If you look at the top render that Pas has posted, it's the one with the "ticker" message strips running along it. That blue glass enclose area is a bar, much like the Transport Hotel in Melbourne's Federation Square.
Old December 1st, 2006, 07:45 AM   #199
Blindfold
I said love, I said pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan79 View Post
Thats pretty full on! Hope it gets built cos I think it will be quite controversial, in other words too interesting for Perth.
This, along with Perth Arena and the Treasury Redevelopment, are just what Perth needs architecturally. We need to be bold, different, adventurous. This design really pushes the envelope. Perth has been too traditional and fearful of change for too long - time for a completely new mindset.

The economic conditons are perfect for us to try something new and exciting. We want to look at this building with fondness in 20yrs time and remind us of the good times WA and Perth experienced in the mid-late naughties - similar to how we view Bankwest Tower and its accociation with the 80's boom.

BRING IT ON!!
Old December 1st, 2006, 07:45 AM   #200
Buster77
Perthonality

I think we should throw our full support behind this one. I like it but I'm yet to love it (give it time). Even so it's quite bold (for Perth esp) and that alone gets my vote. I await the NIMBY response.
Buster77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement