#PROJECT: DUBAI LAGOON (DIP) - Page 55 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Dubai Projects > Industrial Zones Development

Industrial Zones Development Industrial projects in Jebel Ali including Dubai World Central, Dubai Industrial City, Dubai Investments Park, Jebel Ali Free Zone South and more

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 18th, 2008, 03:28 PM   #1081
Alan100

Likes (Received): 0

Creating a Timeline of events

I'm in the process of creating a timeline of events from the launch of this project upto date. I am using a number of sources such as DL newsletters, newspaper articles, email correspondences etc.. If anyone has already done such a thing or has any information to share, please post it and I will add it to the log. This is useful when we approach authorities in future, having all our paperwork ready and available.
Alan100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2008, 06:06 PM   #1082
abdalla
Action

Likes (Received): 1

this was posted b other member

Newsletter 1/April 2006/Cut and fill underway
Newsletter 3/July 2006/Construction progress is right on track
Newsletter 4/September 2006/With machinery now rolling on to site and construction almost ready to begin
Newsletter 5/December 2006/We anticipate a huge amount of activity on site in the coming weeks
Newsletter 6/April 2007/In the very near future we are going to see very significant construction activity at the site
Newsletter 7/May2007/Now that construction on the project has just begun, the coming months will be a very exciting time for us all
Newsletter 8/June2007/We are in the process of setting up a webcam at the Dubai Lagoon site so that you will be able to see in real time how work is progressing
Newsletter 9/July2007/The abovementioned programm is not very labour intensive and you should expect to see steel and concrete work commencing within the next four and six weeks

End Date: The anticipated completion dates are the second quarter of 2008 for Phase 1, and the fourth quarter of 2008 for Phase 2
abdalla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2008, 06:39 PM   #1083
Alan100

Missing Newsletter

abdalla,

Newsletter 2 is missing from your post, luckily i had saved them all before Schon removed them from the website. This particular newsletter is dated June 06 and talks about the event when they signed the contract with Daewoo at the Emirates towers. This was also advertised in the local newspapers which i also kept a copy. Does anyone know what ever happened with Daewoo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2008, 11:28 AM   #1084
iced

thanks to everyone

I would like to thank everyone for their effort in trying to resolve this problem. I have called Schon and they have stated that phase 1 apartments will be ready by the end of the year.

This is the usual line and i dont believe that this will occur. I will wait to see how Alan100 gets on and hopefully he will have some useful info
iced no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 12:45 PM   #1085
hipl

I am also very concerned with the lack of construction and the background of schon developers.
Alan100, could you post your results from your meeting with schon on this website?
thanks.
hipl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 01:02 PM   #1086
abdalla
Action

RERA

I sent a complain to RERA asking to secure previous payments and complaining about SP. Please send your complaint ASAP
Old May 19th, 2008, 01:45 PM   #1087
hipl

RERA email

Hi,

Is there a RERA email address for those who do not have a fax machine?
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:28 PM   #1088
MarcoJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Class View Post
Dear All :

Below is the FAX NUMBER for His HH.Sheikh Mohammad the Ruler of Dubai and the Prime Minister of the UAE.

I would request you all to write a breif letter stating him to look in to this matter of " Dubai Lagoon " and "Schon Properties". again Please write it breif and to the point.

For International: 009714 3532995
Local Dubai number: 04-3532995
How many of you have faxed Sheikh Moes office??.

As well send a fax copy to Rera's Office Fax : + 971 - 4 - 222 - 2251.

Secondly Overseas investors should get intouch with there UAE Dubai Embassies in there countries ....If anyone requires the address or there contact info can PM me.

Guys we gotta act fast now or we would lose our chance.
MarcoJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 08:13 AM   #1089
Alan100

Meeting at RERA

On Monday morning 4 of us met at RERA, We saw Marwan (the CEO of RERA)but unfortunately he was on his way out so we didnt get to talk much. His assistant gave me her mobile to schedule another time. After that we went to the RERA legal deparment where I spoke with the staff there. After explaining the situation to them, he recomended that we file a formal complaint. He gave us the procedure for doing so. I'm inclined to wait until after the meeting with Marwan before filing the complaint. I would like to thank everyone who took their time to take part, I'm sure there will be a number of such meetings in the near future so that we can secure our rights. I will post the details of the next scheduled meeting with Marwan as soon as I confirm it.
Old May 20th, 2008, 09:11 AM   #1090
hpdirect

Thanks Alan100, greatly appreciate the effort and commitment from you and the rest of the people who went. Being in the UK I an fully reliant on you people who can pursue this matter locally......thanks once again.
hpdirect no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #1091
hipl

Marco, do you have the contact details for the dubai embassy in UK?
Alan100 thanks for leading the way in resolving this issue.
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:52 PM   #1092
salar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipl View Post
Marco, do you have the contact details for the dubai embassy in UK?
Alan100 thanks for leading the way in resolving this issue.

hipl ,

you dont have google in UK or what ,

http://www.uaeembassyuk.net/
salar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 07:39 PM   #1093
BilboBaggines

Embassy of the United Arab Emirates,
30 Princes Gate ,
London, SW7 1PT ,
Tel : 0044 (207) 581-1281..
Fax : 0044 (207) 581-9616
BilboBaggines no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 09:49 AM   #1094
Alan100

Contact Details

This is the contact details of Mr Marwans (RERA CEO) personal assistant who can schedule a meeting with him:
050/1522229, her name is Muna
email: [email protected]

I'm going to be very busy for the next 2 weeks and will not be able to meet him, If anyone else is free to do so in the meantime, please do. For those who are abroad, you can forward your complaints to her.
Old May 21st, 2008, 10:25 AM   #1095
abdalla
Action

Alan,

Could you please confirm the number, it seems not working
Old May 22nd, 2008, 09:46 AM   #1096
Alan100

abdalla,
I checked the number and it is working, for people abroad the number is:

+971 50 1522229

This is Mr Marwans personal asst. direct line.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 09:34 PM   #1097
Mela

Hi all,

I am a new member and I just realised in my contract that lease for Dubai Lagoon is running from 2005.I have contacted customer service in Schoon and they confirmed that.Is that legal?How can lease start before I take possesion of my property?Does anyone know more about this?
Thanks
Mela no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 09:53 PM   #1098
Baazigar

The lease started from when Schon Properties bought the land.So this is correct.The lease is from 2005 and 90 years forward.They have bought the land from Dubai Investment Park on a 90 year lease and the time starts from day 1.

3 years allready gone,remains to see how many more will go by before the last persons move in.
Baazigar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 10:54 PM   #1099
abdalla
Action

i think it is 60 year lease !

Last edited by abdalla; May 23rd, 2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 04:14 PM   #1100
Amrita

I visited the site 2day. I have pics. Can anyone tell me how to upload them? Basically 4 buildings have reached to 2nd Floor. the remaining 4 or 3 (I couldn't tell exactly) have the foundation complete & now work should start on the floors. There are 4 cranes. I saw only 10-15 workers with a supervisor on site. I took pics from a different angle, so it is easier to see the status or non-status of the work for the remaining blgs on the phase 1.
Amrita no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement