SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Chelsea Waterfront | Chelsea | 122m, 85m | 37, 25 fl | T/O

206K views 427 replies 125 participants last post by  spxy2 
#1 ·
Just read in the ES that the ODPM has given the thumbs up to the LOTTS ROAD towers, and over ruled the council, who refused permission.

Good looking towers, not sure how they will impact on the skyline though

#3 ·
birminghamculture said:
Are they these ones? :dunno:

that's it. cycled around the site a few months back and its really a derelict mess at the moment, although surrounded by lots of the typical Chelsea/Fulham type town houses. Sound like a cliche but this scheme would really regenerate the area, although I doubt the average joe will be able to actually afford any of the apartments. The gold pointed roof on the left is Chelsea Harbour (or Wharf) and is the London home of such luminaries as Michael Caine etc.

#10 ·
Manuel said:
Yes that's what I read on the GLA website. Also they eventually swaped the towers, the taller one is now in Hammersmith instead of Kensington.
ha, I live over in Hammersmith and Fulham and we're often portrayed as the poor neighbours of the Royal Borough, which, errrm, is fairly true. Anyhoo, a 122m tall tower in H&F is not to be sniffed at.

The Lots Road model was at the Building Design centre last year, but the changing exhibits seem to have usurped it. Perhaps it'll be back, anyway, as mentioned earlier, the towers on the render look smaller than what I think will eventually materialise.

#15 ·
jimbo said:
that's it. cycled around the site a few months back and its really a derelict mess at the moment, although surrounded by lots of the typical Chelsea/Fulham type town houses. Sound like a cliche but this scheme would really regenerate the area, although I doubt the average joe will be able to actually afford any of the apartments. The gold pointed roof on the left is Chelsea Harbour (or Wharf) and is the London home of such luminaries as Michael Caine etc.
Thats Belvedere Tower - each appartment covers an entire floor. Transport links in this part of west London will be improved if and when St George build Imperial Wharf station on the NLL. Caine probably complained about that too.

#20 ·
that render makes the towers look deceptively small....

i think its the size of the river, the size of the clouds, and the general zoomed out scale (especially with the river) that gives that impression. In all reality, when you compare the towers to its neighbours and the buildings around it then you can see they are huge.

#22 ·
At last this has got approval. Now all the old schemes that were in limbo have had there fates decided- hopefully we shouldnt see as many P.I into a high rise schemes-Its good to know that this along with LBT,Heron have all had the publi inquiry results come up in favour of tall development & shown up the NIMBY local council to having no valid reasons to bring them to P.I.

It shows how much London has progressed highrise wise as when this first surfaced it was considered tall by London standards but now 122m doesn't seem that tall at all in a general London context.

Will- that other scheme might be that 100m tower which I posted on this site a long time ago- no idea what became of it as it said it was supposed to go into planning in autumn 2004

http://www.mcaslan.co.uk/frame.php?seite=intro&proj_id=undefined&id=&flashversion=5

#25 ·
I Live in L.B. Hammersmith and Fulham and, until recenlty, worked just around the corner.

The council here is very much in favour of "appropriate" tall buildings. They carried out a public survey some years ago and a lot of people said they were in favour of building higher!

Apparently, the top floor Penthouse in Belvedere tower was owned by Elton John, but he never once used it and he sold it on.