SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Wardian London | Isle of Dogs | 187m, 168m | 55, 50 fl

Tags
london
513K views 1K replies 242 participants last post by  Bishop57 
#1 ·
Ballymore is now marketing this huge development - 25 storeys. Looks like construction could start very soon :banana:. Very close to 1CS, will definitely add to the density of the cluster. Imagine with Churchill Place u/c, Marsh Wall u/c (?) and Pan-Peninsula 1&2 u/c and maybe sometime Riversouth 1&2 Canary Wharf will change completely by 2010. Link to the website. clink then on the link to the brochure http://www.ballymore.co.uk/site/bally_development_page.php?development_id=29&page_id=29
Two pics taken from the brochure. very interesting aerial views of CW as well. You will also know everything about the toilets!

See less See more
#7 ·
DarJoLe said:
I would be happy to work in such a building in such a place. I can understand you find it "dull" but I also believe unfair - and I would say stupid - to call it "crap". You should also know by now that Canary Wharf/TH does not have the same planning policies as the City.

#8 ·
Speaking of the 100-130m towers, is there news on any of the others? Norton Folgate, 100 Middlesex, Convoys wharf, Creekside, 1 Harbour quay, Eagle house, Granite wharf 1+2, News international HQ, etc... etc...

There are so many of the smaller ones that you hardly ever here about...

#11 ·
I think this is a wasted oppotunity if built in current form.

When this was proposed it was quite high for the area- but as Darjole states the areas moved on. just up the road is RS & Marsh wall & it will be opposite HQ west & down the road is PanP- All taller- They could get away with a much taller scheme easily now.

Jef- are you sure this is a new brochure as the renderings & pictures look pre bank st & churchill place??

#16 ·
london lad said:
Jef- are you sure this is a new brochure as the renderings & pictures look pre bank st & churchill place??
i know that the development has been around for years. In late 2005 Ballymore decided to reclassify it as a "viable project". Since March 2006, they are marketing the scheme. The brochure is new indeed. The renderings refer to the building that was approved years ago. My point is that the scheme is now in the marketing phase.

#22 ·
Personally, I'd be surprised if this goes ahead as an office development. This is the only old 'Millennium Quarter/South Quay/Isle of Dogs' development that's hasn't switched to being residential yet(Discovery Dock and 1 Millharbour were both office developments to begin with).

If you were a company, this would have to be pretty special to risk going here rather than the more 'secure' developments over in CW itself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.