[Nitra] Projects and Construction Updates - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Slovakia > Urbanism, Architecture and Infrastructure > Projects and Construction Updates

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Old September 8th, 2006, 11:54 PM   #1
Timoth12

Likes (Received): 6

[Nitra] Projects and Construction Updates

Andrej Bagar theater:

City park:

Pedestrian bridge at Chrenová quarter:

Pribinovo square:

Faculty of mechanical engineering of University of Nitra - one of the proposals:

And completed complex:

Pedagogical faculty:

Shopping center MAX under construction. Completition date is December this year. Visualisations:

U/C is also aquapark in the nearby Čeladice. Didn´t find the visualisations,but I guess, it´s not that different from other aquaparks...

Also Nitra arena /ice hockey stadium/ is going to be reconstructed.

Another shopping-entertainment complexes:

Mlyny Nitra

And, of course, City park:
City park

And one example of new appartments construction:
http://www.triangolo.sk/
Timoth12 no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 9th, 2006, 01:51 AM   #2
kokpit
BANNED

Likes (Received): 23

That's good they are building new faculties and universities, that;s the only way how to succeed in globalisation.
BTW, my relatives live near Nitra but I was there only once some ten yers ago. We visited famous mechanical engeneering industry exhibition there, it take place annualy I think. Well I was only child but I still remember reunion of bikers there, it was great
kokpit no está en línea  
Old September 9th, 2006, 10:49 AM   #3
alien
.:junglist : and . AFOL:.

Likes (Received): 645

Centro Nitra

shopping mall Centro Nitra

http://www.centronitra.sk

alien no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 9th, 2006, 10:52 AM   #4
Timoth12

Yes, Nitra Agrokomplex areal is I think the biggest exposition areal in the Slovakia, bigger, than Bratislava Incheba areal and if I am not mistaken, the second in the Czechia and Slovakia /Brno is still the largest/.

Various types of exhibitions are placed there annually. Here is the visualisation I found:

Old September 9th, 2006, 11:03 AM   #5
Timoth12

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien
shopping mall Centro Nitra

http://www.centronitra.sk

Thanks alien for a good addition.
Centro Nitra was completed in Spring and located is in the near of Agrokomplex exhibition complex.

So, the complexes Max, Centro Nitra, City park and Mlyny Nitra will form quite a team. Bratislava is so far almost saturated with shopping-entertainment complexes, for Nitra it is the case of the not so far future.
Old September 9th, 2006, 03:49 PM   #6
Qwert

Likes (Received): 3319

Now there is an exhibition of cars in Agrokomplex, I hope I will manage to go there.
The Max shopping center will be probably similar to Max in Trenčín but Nitra will have two big Shopping centers while Trenčín only one. However these "regional" centers are not as big as the centers in Bratislava.
City of Nitra (or it's town?) is now expanding - spreading of university, industrial parks (I think there are two - Nitra - North and Nitra - South). The city urgently needs highway bypass. There is halfbypass in north and planned south bypass which will be the part of expressway R1 Trnava-Nitra-Zvolen-Banská Bystrica. Our prime minister Robert Fico said all this expressway will be finished before the next elections. I personaly think there is also needed north-south highway which will connect the city with Hungarian M1 near Komárom then Komárno-Nové Zámky-Nitra-Topoľčany and future north part of expressway R2.
Qwert no está en línea  
Old September 15th, 2006, 12:55 PM   #7
Timoth12

Here are the renderings of Nitra aréna, reconstruction of existing winter stadium could start this year:

The stadium exterior will take a new image:

As well as the interior: Additional skyboxes for VIP:

Additional tribune for spectators:

Old October 2nd, 2006, 10:41 PM   #8
emocqo
the antipope

Likes (Received): 0

stadium looks nice
emocqo no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2006, 11:09 PM   #9
Timoth12

First highrise in Nitra?

Not that high, 14 floors building, VBC Nitra. Business center, designed for administration is a complex of three buildings. In the highrise will be located administrative offices class A. Located at Štúrova street in the city center, the complex is ca. 15 minutes by walk from the bus and railway station.

Already in construction, planned collaudation and handover of the offices is March 2007.

Old December 1st, 2006, 10:13 PM   #10
Timoth12

From the former cinema building will be a new 4stars hotel, capacity of 162 beds. congress hall of 250 seats, investment of ca. 500 mil. Sk:

http://www.nitron.sk/index.php?action=fullnews&id=252841&category=361&category_name=nitra

Bigger investment is Mlyny center /almost 70 mil. USD/, the latest news assumes the construction start in March 2007:

http://www.asb.sk/asbsk/main.php?do=...load_coolmenus

Situated in the center of Nitra with roofed atrium it will belong to the new dominants of the city, like Zobor, Andrej Bagar theater and pedestrian zone /this is at least what article says/.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 05:00 PM   #11
CJone
Nitra 826 - 2015

Likes (Received): 178

Timoth I have to make some corrections to your last post about that Hotel. Politicians didn't agree with selling the building of Orbis so it's up to new City Mayor and new city representatives to decide about that building. But I don't like the actual visualisation of that new hotel.

Last edited by CJone; December 4th, 2006 at 12:57 AM.
CJone no está en línea  
Old December 3rd, 2006, 05:21 PM   #12
CJone
Nitra 826 - 2015

Residential projects

Agria komplex of flats to be built in Akademicka street opposite Agrokomplex exhibition place.

Also some project in Klokocina suburb.

Last edited by CJone; December 4th, 2006 at 01:06 AM.
CJone no está en línea  
Old December 3rd, 2006, 05:32 PM   #13
CJone
Nitra 826 - 2015

Billich renovation

Visualisation of a new building at the beggining of pedestrian zone.
The current building is a small shop with ice cream and cakes

Last edited by CJone; December 4th, 2006 at 01:10 AM.
CJone no está en línea  
Old December 3rd, 2006, 08:43 PM   #14
Timoth12

CJone, thanks for the more precise information. I am not from Nitra, so it´s nice to have the information from the first hand.

By the way,when posting pictures, after selecting a link just click on the picture-IMG icon on the top - it´s the fourth icon from the left when posting, or just surround the link with [img] icon on the left and [/img] icon on the right without leaving blank spaces between the link and the icons, otherwise picture will not appear properly.

Anyway, welcome on the board and hope to hear more from Nitra development .
Old December 4th, 2006, 01:21 AM   #15
CJone
Nitra 826 - 2015

Thanks

for welcoming me here...I just had to join U cos I didnt like that there is only a few things here about my city

I think one of the biggest projects is missing- City Park.
-28.000 m2
-Around 70 shops is gonna be present, 14 fast foods/restaurants, 4 cinemas, bowling, fitness and wellness studio, basketball and volleyball court, U-ramp, space for 600 cars. New bridge for pedestrians will be built.
-Opening spring 2008.

CJone no está en línea  
Old December 4th, 2006, 01:25 AM   #16
CJone
Nitra 826 - 2015

Mlyny shopping center

As soon as I am gonna have any visualisations I will post them here.

Mlyny is gonna be the biggest shopping project in Nitra so far. Around 100 shops, ice skating ring, over 1000 parking spaces, 5-6 storey administrative building, restaurant on top with view all over the city...
CJone no está en línea  
Old December 4th, 2006, 10:32 AM   #17
Timoth12

Mlyny is a great project, no question.

By the way, center MAX opened its gates on Saturday.
Old December 4th, 2006, 11:45 AM   #18
CJone
Nitra 826 - 2015

MAX opens it's gates

That's what I was gonna mention today- MAX opened its gates on Saturday. I don't have any photos yet because there very so many people that none of my friends had nerves to go there
I am not in Slovakia now, but as soon as I get there next week I am gonna post some pictures of MAX.
CJone no está en línea  
Old December 4th, 2006, 11:50 AM   #19
Timoth12

It should have been crowded during opening day, whatever....

Also, do you have the info how are the preparation/construction works for European Spinal center in Ivanka pri Nitre proceeding?
Old December 4th, 2006, 11:58 AM   #20
CJone
Nitra 826 - 2015

Crowd is no problem for me so If I were in Nitra I would definitely go there.

No I don't have any info about that Spinal Center- hope they didn't change their minds cos it has been very quiet about that project. I am not happy about that, I was looking forward to the Aquapark that they promised to build

Also more projects are being prepared. I have info about some smaller shopping centers. FMZ shopping center- direction Drazovce next to the R1 motorway. Burger King is to be established there. Another shopping center is Family Center. It's planned on Klokocina suburb next to Billa. Simmilar project is in development in Piestany. Next project that I now of is City Center shopping center. They plan to build it in Mlynarce behind Renault car shop direction Bratislava.

Last edited by CJone; December 4th, 2006 at 12:06 PM.
CJone no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: