Adriatic-Ionian motorway - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > European Archives > Urban Archive > Eastern Europe / Balkans

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old October 18th, 2006, 08:34 PM   #1
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 5814

Adriatic-Ionian motorway

Here, nikolas, it's all yours!
Verso no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 19th, 2006, 01:15 AM   #2
nikolas

Likes (Received): 0

Thank you!
Just for the beginning, if someone wants to get some information on the Adriatic ionian motorway, click one of the links below.

Last edited by nikolas; October 27th, 2006 at 09:44 PM.
nikolas no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2006, 01:57 AM   #3
lakerdar123

Likes (Received): 1

Albanian Section

this is not being talked about much in albania right now, however it is considered to be a high priority for the current administration according to this article: http://setimes.com/cocoon/setimes/xh...2/reportage-01 after the construction of corridor 8 and durres-kukes-morine highway there will be sections that will already exist and be used by the adriatic-ionian highway. these sections (in green) start from Kruja and end in Vlore. the rest (in blue) will be built for adriatic-ionian highway. i also put one pic of the section in green to get an idea of what it looks like so far, and another pic for you to see what the expressway tirane-shkoder looks like now. these all will be two lanes in each direction. i believe this is considered a very important section in the adriatic-ionian highway afterall this is where the higway gets it's name and the only section in which it touches both the adriatic and ionian seas.

note: the ring road for shkoder has been planned for a while and it will be part of adriatic-ionian highway.

Last edited by lakerdar123; October 26th, 2006 at 12:57 AM.
lakerdar123 no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 19th, 2006, 04:07 AM   #4
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Likes (Received): 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Here, nikolas, it's all yours!

'Cause I can't go on (Will you still love me?)
No, I can't go on (Just say you love me)
bubach_hlubach no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2006, 06:10 PM   #5
nikolas

Welcome, Lakerdar! Thank you for your contribution. Welcome everybody!
I hope we will observe here fruitfully the construction progress of the Adriatic-ionian motorway.
I believe this motorway is an important European project. I think it can improve the economic, cultural and political situation in the whole area, as well as in Europe as a whole.
In the most parts of Europe this route is almost unknown. So I start with the countries which have apparently least interest for it.
1. Slovenia has almost no interest now in building its 35-40 km section of the AIM (Adriatic-ionian motorway), but it will be built in the next future, I believe.
2. What suprises me most is the little interest the Greek forum members show for it. I've tried to discuss it in several Greek forums, but I received almost no interest. However, the official Athens is also interested in the project. The construction of the Greek Ionia way (192 km from Ioannina to Rio) was tendered and the Governement announced that the Concession was granted to a Spanish-Greek consortium (Hellenic Autopistas) for 30 years. The construction ist going to take 6 years and is about to start.
3. Italy has nothing to build, perheps only to improve the Sezana SLO/ Fernetti I interchange. But the AIM starts in Triest. It is in Triest that a connection with Italian and other West European motorway network occurs.
4. Albania has other priorities (Durres-Kukes-Kosovo). However, cca 60 km of the AIM are in common with the Durres-Kukes motorway. The Government ist putting the AIM in the third place, after the Corridor VIII. Some sections of the Corridor VIII are in common with the AIM (Lushnje-Fier-Vlora). This section is u/c. Completion 2007.
5. Bosnia and Hercegovina will participate, too. This country has only about 5 km of the AIM crossing the Neum area (without any exits there) and about 30 km crossing the Trebinje area on the way to Montenegro. The first short section will be probably built by Croatian companies and it should be given in concession to Croatia. The second section is still to be defined. It could be built either by Croatia or by a Spanish or other company. The contact point (Bosnia-Montenegro) is going to be established officially very soon.
6. As I expected, Montenegro's independence since May 2006, has stimulated the AIM projects in this country. I believe Montenegro is going to tender his AIM section (about 100 km) soon. This section will be given in concession to the construction company (Spanish, American?).
7. Croatia is building its sections rapidly, which is essential for the success of the whole project. The completion of all the Croatian sections, which are the longest of the entire AIM (about 560 km) is by June 30, 2010.

Everybody who wishes to share his informations with us is welcome. So we can improve the awareness of the motorway and contribute to its mission.
Thank you!

Last edited by nikolas; October 20th, 2006 at 02:14 AM.
nikolas no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2006, 01:40 AM   #6
nikolas

Montenegrinian section of the AIM

nikolas no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2006, 01:47 AM   #7
nikolas

Greek section of the AIM

Number 1 (Ioannina-Rio) and 2 (from Rio to Kalamata) are the Greek sections of the AIM. The construction starts in these days for the number 1 (192 km - Ioannina-Rio)

Last edited by nikolas; October 23rd, 2006 at 04:36 PM.
nikolas no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2006, 02:38 AM   #8
SinCity
Streetwalker

Likes (Received): 104

Cool topic. Thanks guys for the details on this important road corridor.
SinCity no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2006, 12:44 PM   #9
nikolas

Greek section of the AIM - pics

The Greek Government chose on August 24 definitely the spanish-greek trust Hellenic Autopistas (one Greek and 2 spanish companies) for the 30-year concession and construction of the Greek Ionia Motorway. The construction of the 192 km long Ioannina - Rio stretch should start soon and last about 6 years.
Pic 1: Ioannina - 50 km from the albanian border - the starting point of the new motorway.(click on the link to enlarge http://files.homepagemodules.de/b211...p7323828n1.jpg)

Pic 2: Ioannina lies on Egnatia Motorway (Ionian See-Turkish border), whose 450 km (2/3) are already in operation. Here you can see the progress of the works.(click on the link to enlarge http://files.homepagemodules.de/b211...p7323828n2.jpg )

Pic 3: The beautiful Rio-Antirio Bridge (between the Greek mainland and Peloponesos peninsula). There is already a motorway in operation, linking Patras with Pireus and Athens.(click on the link to enlarge http://files.homepagemodules.de/b211...p7323828n3.jpg)

Pic 4: Over the artificial Corinthos Channel one reaches again the Greek mainland on the way to Athens.(click on the link to enlarge http://files.homepagemodules.de/b211...p7323828n4.jpg)

Last edited by nikolas; October 20th, 2006 at 09:30 PM.
nikolas no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2006, 09:27 PM   #10
nikolas

The next section of the Croatian A1 Dugopolje-Sestanovac will be in operation on June 30, 2007, maybe even a little earlier.
On June 30, 2008 the whole stretch till Ploce should be ready. On the same day the construction of the stretch till Dubrovnik (Osojnik) should start. Osojnik exit is about 10 km from Dubrovnik. See the pic. This last Croatian stretch of the AIM should be in operation in 2010. From the last point in Croatia to the Albanian border there are only about 130 km.

The route through Neum (BiH) (about 5 km) has been defined. The course through Trebinje (BiH) is not known (cca 30 km).
On September 28 the delegations of the Bosnian and MOntenegrinian traffic ministeries met in Trebinje. A mixed commission should discuss traffic issues regarding these two countries in the future. This commission should establish the contact point between the 2 countries soon. Approximately, the latter is already known. On the map you can see the probable course through Montenegro.
BTW, Lakerdar said that the ring road of Shkodra has been already planned.

Last edited by nikolas; November 19th, 2006 at 07:48 AM.
nikolas no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2006, 12:48 AM   #11
lakerdar123

greek deputy foreing mininster cited a new motorway to be built in south albania to link it with greece.

Quote:
HiPERB-backed project concerning the construction of the 41km-long Sagiades-Konispol-Sarande motorway along the two countries' Ionian coast, a project expected to link extreme northwestern Greece with Albania's southwest quadrant, an area that hosts that country's ethnic Greek minority. The overall cost of the project is 33.5 million euros, of which 25 million euros will be allocated from the Greek state budget.
source
Old October 26th, 2006, 03:58 PM   #12
nikolas

Saranda (AL)-Sagiada (GR)

This motorway is a surprise to me. However, it is the most beautiful part of the Albanian coast.
This motorway will have an enormous economic and touristic importance. But can it be incorporated in the Adriatic-ionian motorway? From Sagiada to Igoumenitsa it isn't much. But how can you link it with Vlora? It seems almost impossible.
Then you need a link from Saranda to Jergukat and Gjirokaster. It is not much, perheps 25 km, but as a motorway it could be difficult to build.
Morevover, if the Greeks build a link from Sagiada to Igoumenitsa (also about 20 km), than it could be the main Adriatic-ionian motorway route. Because from Igoumenitsa you can go back to Ioannina (about 70 km) where the Greek section of the AIM starts towards South.
Otherwise, there is a gap in the AIM route now between Kakavije and Ioannina (about 50 km). As far as I know, nothing like a motorway has been planned there yet.
However, the AIM section: Jergukat-Saranda-Sagiada-Igoumenitsa would be touristically the best solution. That is what the Albanian government wants from the AIM. For the transit traffic from Turkey or Greece it means about 75 km more (Ioannina-Kakavija-Jergukat: about 70 km vs. Ioannina-Igoumenitsa-Sagiada-Saranda-Jergukat: about 145km). But for these trucks it would be better to go to Kristallopigi-Korce-Pogradec-Elbasan-Tirana...
nikolas no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2006, 09:37 PM   #13
nikolas

Montenegrinian section of the AIM will be built by Bechtel?

http://www.pobjeda.co.yu/naslovna.ph...view&id=103736
Pobjeda, the montenegrinian daily published the following information 2 days ago:
Podgorica, 24 October - Agents of the U.S. Construction Company "Bechtel" who visited Podgorica today, plan to build the first motorway through Montenegro, comunicated Dr. Petar Ivanovic, director of the montenegrinian investment promotion agency after the talk with Bechtel representatives today. "Bechtel" signed recently a new contract for a 57 km motorway in Albania and is already building a motorway in Romania.
...The director Petar Ivanović reminded: "Time is a very significant factor for Montenegro. Until 2010 the neighbouring Croatia is going to complete the motorway stretch Split-Dubrovnik. Therefore the infrastructure projects should be our national priority".

Last edited by nikolas; October 27th, 2006 at 10:47 PM.
nikolas no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2006, 09:55 PM   #14
nikolas

Croatian section currently under construction

The Croatian A1 has reached Split 2 years ago. The construction of the next 96 km from Split to Ploce is under way. The first 37 km should be in service next year, on June 30, at the latest. The whole section to Ploce is going to be in operation on June 30, 2008.
On the map below you can see Ploce with the Neretva river. The earth works have already reached Ploce, where the motorway is being traced out.

Last edited by nikolas; November 20th, 2006 at 11:23 PM.
nikolas no está en línea  
Old November 8th, 2006, 02:59 PM   #15
nikolas

Montenegrinian section of the AIM to be tendered in January 2007!

Montenegrinian section of the AIM to be tendered in January 2007!
This was reported by the Podgorica daily Pobjeda yesterday.
nikolas no está en línea  
Old November 8th, 2006, 03:01 PM   #16
nikolas

A1 section Dugopolje (Split) - Bisko (12 km ) is soon complete

The Dugopolje (Split) - Bisko section (12km) is almost ready, says the official web site of the Croatian motorway company. The Bisko interchange is being paved and the toll station built. etc.etc.

About Bisko-Sestanovac section (25 km) was not reported. Presumably the informations will appear in the next days. Accortding to my infromations a lot is being done there. Today appeared this article in Slobodna Dalmacija.
http://www.slobodnadalmacija.hr/20061109/novosti04.asp

Poison snakes are leaving their homes and getting close to the settlements in the hinterland of Dalmatia, because the heavy building machines are scaring them. People are worried. On a single day more than 10 snakes were spotted only near the small village of Trogrlici.

Last edited by nikolas; November 19th, 2006 at 06:15 AM.
nikolas no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2006, 10:43 PM   #17
nikolas

Airphotos of the Croatia's A1 Zagreb-Split

The web site of the Croatian Motorway Company has new materials! All the route is covered with 342 nice photos! Practically every single kilometer can be seen on the web.
http://www.hac.hr/turisticka_karta/avio_pocetak_en.html
nikolas no está en línea  
Old November 19th, 2006, 04:07 PM   #18
nikolas

Pyhrn motorway section in Croatia (Macelj/SLO border-Krapina-Zagreb)

The last 18,6 km long Pyhrn motorway section in Croatia (Macelj/SLO border-Krapina) is about to be completed. The commissionig of this stretch is going to take place on March 28, 2007.
In the hinterland of Split further 37 km (Juni 2007) of the A1 will be also commissioned.
In total it is 56 km motorway more on the road to the South!
The reception committee for the tourists is ready (see pics)

Last edited by nikolas; November 19th, 2006 at 06:24 PM.
nikolas no está en línea  
Old December 3rd, 2006, 01:36 AM   #19
lakerdar123

Shkodėr - Hani Hotit

Quote:
Rrugėt turistike
Ministria e Punėve Publike, transportit dhe telekomunikacionit ka publikuar listėn e 15 akseve kryesore turistike qė do tė ndėrtohen brenda 365 ditėve tė vitit tė ardhshėm. Kėto akse janė pasqyruar me fondet pėrkatėse dhe nė projektbuxhetin e vitit 2007. Bėhet fjalė pėr nyjet lidhėse mes zonave turistike tė veriut me jugun si dhe akse lidhėse me vendet fqinje. Tė tilla mund tė pėrmenden si rruga: Fier-Vlorė, Konispol-Sarandė, Shkodėr - Hani Hotit, Durrės-Kukės Morinė, Dhėrmi-Qeparo-Sarandė etj. Pjesė tė kėsaj liste ėshtė edhe projekti gjigant i rrugės transballkanike tė Vlorės, por edhe njė sėrė veprash tė tjera publike si ndėrtimi i Urės sė Re tė Bunės, sistemim, asfaltim i rrugės Shkozet-Durrės, sistemim, asfaltim tė rrugės Spitallė-Shėnavlash, sistemim, asfaltim i rrugės Vlorė-Selenicė, sistemim, asfaltim tė rrugės Spille, sistemim, asfaltim tė rrugės Gjiri i Lalzit, sistemim, asfaltim tė rrugės Laē-Patok si dhe ndėrtim tė Urave tė Velipojės.
http://www.mpptt.gov.al/

the Albanian ministry of public works, transportation and telecommunications has stated these segments as being built in the year of 2007. one of the segments is important for the adriatic-ionian highway. i highlighted that one.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 01:54 AM   #20
*Cole*

Likes (Received): 136

can you post a map? =)

I will not buy this record, it is scratched.
*Cole* no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread