News & Projects | Jaunumi un Projekti - Page 17 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Latvia > Rīga

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 353 votes, 5.00 average.
Old April 1st, 2007, 05:20 PM   #321
Nomels
I Love Ice

Likes (Received): 438

Last edited by Nomels; April 1st, 2007 at 05:30 PM.
Nomels no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 1st, 2007, 08:56 PM   #322
Martins
-Riga-

Likes (Received): 809

April Fools ???
Martins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2007, 09:33 PM   #323
ch1le
always on

Likes (Received): 316

/\ ofc.
ch1le no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 2nd, 2007, 12:46 AM   #324
Nomels
I Love Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinedine View Post
April Fools ???
What exactly is your point?
Old April 2nd, 2007, 09:29 AM   #325
Martins
-Riga-

I was not sure if you knew I was kidding!
Old April 2nd, 2007, 01:23 PM   #326
Nomels
I Love Ice

Quote:
I was not sure if you knew I was kidding!
You were not sure if I knew you were kidding?
Old April 2nd, 2007, 01:32 PM   #327
Martins
-Riga-

ohhh..... nice! ^ OFF TOPIC!
Old April 3rd, 2007, 02:20 PM   #328
Gatis

Likes (Received): 591

Approved the results of tender for the first group of highrises in Lucavsala. It will consist of four midrise buildings - two will be 17 floors high and two - 14 floors. The higher ones - 62,4 m and the lower ones - 51,6 meters high. Architect - Finnish CEJ

Highest buildings in Zakusala are designed up to 131,5 meters, 36 floors. Just enough to beat Z-towers :P
Old April 3rd, 2007, 04:16 PM   #329
Nomels
I Love Ice

That is good news. So they are not going to sell the land of the island?
Old April 3rd, 2007, 05:10 PM   #330
raz

Likes (Received): 41

What's up with the supporting pillars of the leftmost building? Is the whole 14 floor structure going to be carried on those thin columns?
raz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 05:36 PM   #331
Gatis

@nomels - this is not the land plot in question. The big fuss is about the major part of Lucavsala, but central part silently is "taken" by "Merks" some years ago and is developing irrespective of the other part.
@raz - the building is kept by a central core, which is hidden from that view.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 08:00 PM   #332
Nomels
I Love Ice

Thanks for the info, Gatis
Old April 3rd, 2007, 09:00 PM   #333
Martins
-Riga-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatis View Post
Approved the results of tender for the first group of highrises in Lucavsala. It will consist of four midrise buildings - two will be 17 floors high and two - 14 floors. The higher ones - 62,4 m and the lower ones - 51,6 meters high. Architect - Finnish CEJ

Highest buildings in Zakusala are designed up to 131,5 meters, 36 floors. Just enough to beat Z-towers :P
Great! Pretty building - I really want to go there when it opens, I love all Lucavsala and Zakusala projects
Thank you Gatis!
Old April 4th, 2007, 06:44 PM   #334
Gatis

"Hyatt" today has confirmed that they have signed agreement with "Tango projekts" about 5stars hotel in their new quartal. Every day am passing by the construction site - it's large and impressive.
- - -
Public hearings about this apartment house in Anninmuizas boulevard on-going now.
Old April 7th, 2007, 04:52 PM   #335
Martins
-Riga-

Some news:

Imantas Perle (Ekodom) II -to be, or not to be

Imantas Perle (Ekodom) I today:

New proposed project in Imanta - Kleistu and Slokas street corner. Three 17-floor apartament buildings:

Old April 19th, 2007, 08:54 PM   #336
Gatis

In last autumn this project was well started rising above - now it should have reached full height. M. Kempes 4 - some 12 or more floors high apartment building with quite interesting designe IMHO. This place is close to Mezaparks.

Close next to this building there is project of 24 and 16 floor apartment buildings with interesting design - in early approval stage.

- - -
Hotel Maritim has changed the design of their 18-floor addition - the new one looks better, altough it is nothing special. If all goes well, they might start soon.
Old April 20th, 2007, 11:04 AM   #337
Geborgenheit
***H***

Likes (Received): 13031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatis View Post
Exactly my taste.
Mitochondrial haplogroup H is a predominantly European haplogroup that participated in a population expansion beginning approximately 20,000 years ago. Today, it reaches the maximum frequency among the Basques of northern Spain and in southern France. Marie Antoinette, Queen Victoria and Empress Alexandra Feodorovna are among famous members.
Geborgenheit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 04:32 PM   #338
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 3002

Sorry, but
Quote:
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2007, 06:27 PM   #339
Gatis

Hm. There are many things happening in Riga lately - but nobody reports it here

Sorry - imageshack does not work for me - thus no pictures.
- - -
Riga Technical University has decided to stay and develop in Kipsala. They own their land plot in Kipsala already with a bunch of delapidated Soviet time buildings - it will be renovated and intensified. Currently University is scattered around Riga City.

In this year will be started elaboration of unified architectonic plan for the University. Calculated investment - 295 mio EUR. As the land plot is pretty small, University has got 16 000 students and this part of Kipsala is destined for highrises... I smell new university highrises coming up in future.
- - -
3 26-floor affoce and apartment buildings in Plavnieki today didn't get full approval - they have to elaborate on kindergardens a bit more.
- - -
"Panorama Plaza" costs have increased to 150 mio EUR now.
- - -
Started public hearings about the development of Andrejsala, first stage (49 ha, apartments for 65 000 people, working places for 80 000). Two options proposed, both with highrises. One envisages buildings up to 120 m high along Eksporta Street, another option - separate highrises in middle of Andrejsala. Project to be realised during next 10 - 15 years. There are two more stages afterwars - total project area is 123 ha.
- - -
There will be extended tramline to Rumbula in coming 5 years time. THis will be needed in order to cover the needs of the new Rumbula district.
- - -
Two tower type apartment buildings in Anninmuizas boulevard will be 28 floors and 96 m high. Tomorrow these will go through Construction Board.
- - -
Three glassy 18-floor office highrises at Southern Bridge were reviewed at City Architect's office this week.
- - -
Eight unusual 12-floor office and apartment buildings got full approval for Skanstes Street area today. Time to build them now
- - -
Interesting 10-floor apartment and office building proposed for Ostas prospekts - "other side" of Mezaparks. It's height - 44,5 meters.
- - -
Announced international architecture tender for building next to Central Railway station, where until recent time was "Latvijas pasts" - Latvian mail office. They moved to airport area recently.
- - -
Proposed enormous musical/light fountain for Daugava in front of Kipsala highrise district. City garden and park agency is assessing the costs of it.
- - -
Local company "Plus punkts" has started construction of 100 mio EUR worth office and storage capacity complex in Airport City (outside Riga). It will include also 16 floor high office building - but that one will come a bit later.
- - -
"Hanner" has started pile driving for three 16-floor apartment-office buildings in Ropazu street. In few month time will start construction works.
Old April 25th, 2007, 08:15 PM   #340
Gatis

OK, now come pictures.

First picture shows Kipsala with planned, buil;t and existing highrises. Red lines show the Technical University area - as you see there is not too much place for 16 000 people. That's why it seems logical that there will be highrises.

Three 26-floor office and apartment buildings which were not approved today yet because of unsolved kindergarden problem.

Andrejsala project - there is planned row of up to 120 m high buildings

Group of 5 12-floor buildings which got final, full approval today. I hope that they will start soon

Pile driving for three of these buildings has started in these days:
Advertisement

Tags
projects

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: