Projects & Construction - Page 192 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark > Copenhagen

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 921 votes, 4.98 average.
Old March 27th, 2009, 07:19 PM   #3821
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Likes (Received): 15

Always hard to tell with the box renders....It could end up looking like a horrible 1970'ies concrete hell, or it could turn out modern and swell looking...
cphdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 27th, 2009, 10:04 PM   #3822
ramblersen

Likes (Received): 2616

TV2 has visited the Canal Dustrict in Sydhavnen and comments on the somewhat abscent urban life.

http://www.lorry.dk/moduler/nyheder/...D=1&vId=476279

I think it's a great area but it could really use a south-facing row of cafés and maybe something not so neat and tidy. Or a restaurant boat. Or something like this project from Oslo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenioren View Post
Here is the winner "Bølgen" for Tingvallautstikkeren, by Alliance arkitekter and MAPT from Denmark - it's all wood and glass, and construction will start this fall, with 10 months construction time, the roof is likely to become Oslos most popular dining experience:
http://www.arkitektnytt.no/page/page...ws-4-2827.html
http://oslopuls.aftenposten.no/resta...icle158151.ece

http://www.arkitektnytt.no/images/cr...valla%20en.jpg
http://www.arkitektnytt.no/images/cr...valla%20to.jpg
http://www.arkitektnytt.no/images/cr...alla%20tre.jpg
ramblersen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2009, 10:03 AM   #3823
TMG

Likes (Received): 29

I think the urban life in Sydhavnen is great taken in consideration that the area is so young. We have slusen, the boathouses, the clubhouse for the Valby boatclub where you always are welcome for a beer or ice, IRMA, a kindergarden, a kiosk and soon a pizzaria. There are also plans for a floating café located near Egholm. A great plus a that all the yards are open to the public and there are playing facilities for childeren in all most all of them, so if you have small children (as I have) the area is great.

What we miss is better infrastructure, especially the bridge to Teglholmen which will bring busses in the area.

For further information and pictures regarding projects in Copenhagen - visit my homepage about construction in Copenhagen - http://www.kifora.dk
TMG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 28th, 2009, 10:18 AM   #3824
FREKI
Lord of Legoland

Likes (Received): 7216

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphdude View Post
Always hard to tell with the box renders....It could end up looking like a horrible 1970'ies concrete hell, or it could turn out modern and swell looking...
No matter how bad it looks it will be an improvement to the area

Looks cool and while I don't see why they would pick such a remote location when there's a huge empty lot right next to Nørrebro Station inside the NV district I guess it's better than nothing..

I'm guessing it's the gas station that has to go...
[IMG]http://i44.************/2enz1v5.png[/IMG]
FREKI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2009, 11:37 AM   #3825
Fab 5

Likes (Received): 3

There is a new appendix for the high-rise project at Hjørringgade available
Old March 28th, 2009, 11:38 AM   #3826
Fab 5

And the project at Toldbodgade 13 has changed
Old March 28th, 2009, 11:39 AM   #3827
Fab 5

This one has been flowing around for years, but now seems to be moving into a new, more concrete phase. Could become a really cool project.
Old March 28th, 2009, 11:58 AM   #3828
Nagel

Likes (Received): 9

Sounds great but how on earth can the University of Copenhagen afford this? They just fired a major share of their scientists at the faculty of the natural sciences. The planned location for the new museum near the Botanical Garden really calls for top notch architecture and building quality. We can't have some cheap trash there.

The economics of the public sector never ceases to surprise me
Nagel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2009, 12:56 PM   #3829
ramblersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab 5 View Post
There is a new appendix for the high-rise project at Hjørringgade available
Has t ANY chance of making it? Sadly, it's really nice.
Old March 28th, 2009, 12:57 PM   #3830
ramblersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab 5 View Post
And the project at Toldbodgade 13 has changed
Thanks God, those round windows were a disaster. Now it looks good.
Old March 28th, 2009, 01:27 PM   #3831
ramblersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagel View Post
Sounds great but how on earth can the University of Copenhagen afford this? They just fired a major share of their scientists at the faculty of the natural sciences. The planned location for the new museum near the Botanical Garden really calls for top notch architecture and building quality. We can't have some cheap trash there.

The economics of the public sector never ceases to surprise me
Well the answer is pretty obvious. Such a project will rely on funding from private foundations. The staff cuts are due to budget overruns at the faculty and not something you can redeem through private funds, they won't support allround staff maintenance but only specific projects or programmes abd those scentific employees who have managed to secure their own positions (and others) by obtaining private or EU funding have not been fired. But it's all about the Government's secret or not so secret agenda to axe the original KU Institute of Biology completely and let that field of research be taken over alltogether by the Faculty of Life Science - the former Landbohøjskolen - because it is more business/industry oriented and less ground research.
Old March 28th, 2009, 01:49 PM   #3832
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblersen View Post
Well the answer is pretty obvious. Such a project will rely on funding from private foundations. The staff cuts are due to budget overruns at the faculty and not something you can redeem through private funds, they won't support allround staff maintenance but only specific projects or programmes abd those scentific employees who have managed to secure their own positions (and others) by obtaining private or EU funding have not been fired. But it's all about the Government's secret or not so secret agenda to axe the original KU Institute of Biology completely and let that field of research be taken over alltogether by the Faculty of Life Science - the former Landbohøjskolen - because it is more business/industry oriented and less ground research.
Great news, I have been hoping for this, for a while now. A big, big project and as you say, something that cant happen without the support of both the city, the state and private foundations. So it should take a while...
cphdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2009, 09:56 PM   #3833
ramblersen

Plans to transform the 100 metre tall blue gas silo on Køgevej in Valby into some kund of sustainibility/environment mumbu jumbu centre. Great idea to put it into use but I must say I'm getting SO tired of everything having to be about sustainability, environment, climate BLABLABLA with windmills everywhere, butt ugly buildings winning competitions just because they are low-energy and have a lot for growing biodynamic carrots on the roof. It's fine to be aware of such issues but it's just getting too much - it makes me wanna turn on ALL my electric kitchen appliances and go out and feed some pigeons with DDT coated bread crums and step on some frogs! Well apart from that I think it can become pretty cool and there will be public access to the roof: JJW Arkitekter are behind the plans:

http://www.valbygassilo.dk/
Old March 30th, 2009, 10:06 PM   #3834
FREKI
Lord of Legoland

Quote:
Plans to transform the 100 metre tall blue gas silo on Køgevej in Valby into some kund of sustainibility/environment mumbu jumbu centre.
That would be awesome and hopefully be the start of a small cluster ( plenty of room there )
Old March 30th, 2009, 10:11 PM   #3835
moveteam

Likes (Received): 1580

Any map, seems pretty isolated?
moveteam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2009, 10:26 PM   #3836
mlm
Member #109

Likes (Received): 127

Quote:
...but I must say I'm getting SO tired of everything having to be about sustainability, environment, climate BLABLABLA with windmills everywhere, butt ugly buildings winning competitions just because they are low-energy and have a lot for growing biodynamic carrots on the roof. It's fine to be aware of such issues but it's just getting too much - it makes me wanna turn on ALL my electric kitchen appliances and go out and feed some pigeons with DDT coated bread crums and step on some frogs!
I hear you. Sure there's a lot of issues to be dealt with, but sometimes it's just too much. It's like a worse verison of Multiarenas, Facebook and X-Factor...

Now I'll go drive my car just for the sake of driving...ciao...
mlm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2009, 10:31 PM   #3837
FREKI
Lord of Legoland

Quote:
Originally Posted by moveteam View Post
It's close to both rail and major roads, but is located in a green semi industrial area with football fields and a couple "koloni haver"
[IMG]http://i44.************/afeb6t.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i41.************/k32dlj.png[/IMG]

It was btw on Lorry a couple minutes ago - they talked about "ide udvikling" over the next 2 years..

The hole green area has a great potential to be a continuation of the Sydhavn - but that would of course be some time into the future

Last edited by FREKI; March 30th, 2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old March 30th, 2009, 10:33 PM   #3838
ØlandDK
Used User

Likes (Received): 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by moveteam View Post
Thought you were from Copenhagen

http://maps.google.dk/maps?f=q&sourc...13819&t=h&z=16

Looks btw interesting - and much needed!

my flickr
ØlandDK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2009, 04:54 AM   #3839
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malmö | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 737

That silo is one of the most visible buildings in Copenhagen from the Swedish side/the bridge, for some reason. Good thing it's getting a makeover.
Old March 31st, 2009, 07:21 AM   #3840
FREKI
Lord of Legoland

Quote:
Originally Posted by staff View Post
That silo is one of the most visible buildings in Copenhagen from the Swedish side/the bridge, for some reason. Good thing it's getting a makeover.
Indeed, the same goes from when you are approaching by S-Train from the south...

Luckily it's not so bad from the freeway
[IMG]http://i40.************/jtrqcm.png[/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cph, development, kopenhagen, københavn, skyscraper

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: