NSW | Completed | SYDNEY CBD | Inmark Tower | 36st / 113m (wind turbine 129m) | Residential - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Urban Spaces > Archives

Old August 12th, 2003, 04:36 AM   #1
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 19938

NSW | Completed | SYDNEY CBD | Inmark Tower | 36st / 113m (wind turbine 129m) | Residential

i counldnt find original thread? may have been deleted ?
Anyway
BIG NEWS!! The comp was held last week and Project Architecture won!!
There proposal had more features then the others and complied to sun access plane ect..
The 112m/35storey bldg rises 18 storeys on George st and the tower component rises a further 17 at rear.
the great feature otop the roof is a 30m wind turbine!! which brings official height to 142m-same as nearby Aspect!
The wind turbine rises from west cnr and will reduce bldg costs by 20%.
Ive only got George st elevation diagram which ill post tonight!
Maroun developements-a parramatta company want to lodge DA asap and start this year!!! there very keen!

heres aa old pic of bldg envelope. the new proposal is same height and similar shape but all glass with "orange" coloured panels up facades. the wind turbine crowns the most western cnr of tower.

cheers
Church Hill tower- 1797, Macquarie Tower-1818, St James Church -1822, Garden Palace- 1879, Sydney Harbour Bridge -1932, Sydney Opera House- 1973, Sydney Tower- 1981, Crown Sydney- 2021, twin towers- 2024, supertall 2025 https://www.buildsydney.com/forum
CULWULLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 12th, 2003, 04:49 AM   #2
Fabian
Sydney: World's best city

I don't think there was an official thread on it but anyway it's good news to see this mixed use development getting the go ahead.

I like the incorporation of office into this development, the southern CBD will benefit from it.

And is the wind turbine actually going to generate electricity. It would be very innovative if it were the case?

Fab Sydney Flashbacks
Fabian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2003, 05:17 AM   #3
CULWULLA

Quote:
Originally posted by Fabian
I don't think there was an official thread on it but anyway it's good news to see this mixed use development getting the go ahead.

I like the incorporation of office into this development, the southern CBD will benefit from it.

And is the wind turbine actually going to generate electricity. It would be very innovative if it were the case?
Its actually 100% residential now! also yes the wind turbine generates electricity. The company want to erect these devices in other CBD towers.lol
Church Hill tower- 1797, Macquarie Tower-1818, St James Church -1822, Garden Palace- 1879, Sydney Harbour Bridge -1932, Sydney Opera House- 1973, Sydney Tower- 1981, Crown Sydney- 2021, twin towers- 2024, supertall 2025 https://www.buildsydney.com/forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 12th, 2003, 05:25 AM   #4
Fabian

Any explaination for ditching the office component???

Fab Sydney Flashbacks
Old August 12th, 2003, 05:32 AM   #5
SinCity
Streetwalker

Likes (Received): 104

WOW! about time as this is such a prominent location upon entering the CBD from the south on George St. Looks as thou I will get to wet my pants in utter delight over this one. I will have to put this one down as my most anticipated CBD project about to commence.

Altius will no doubt be very happy as this site in the CBD is his number 1 pet hate.
Old August 12th, 2003, 05:34 AM   #6
SinCity
Streetwalker

Likes (Received): 104

I am highly curious about this "wind turbine". I just seem to have this problem at the moment where I picture a wind mill atop of a 100m+ tower .........
Old August 12th, 2003, 06:01 AM   #7
CULWULLA

The wind turbine is actually quite a curious looking structure! It really just looks like a spire. the 4 sided steel framed structure has 3 circular turning elements at lower part of tower . the top 3rd of tower then reduces to a fine spire. its not really imposing and goes about its job even at night!
Apparently the Environment people who spoke at competition say how solar is out and wind is in. Sydney is very windy apparently!!lol
fab- no idea why offices were left out? maybe maroun want all units, greed?
Old August 12th, 2003, 06:02 AM   #8
AltiusAltiusAltius

Likes (Received): 58

Erecting this tower is the best thing to happen in Sydney after the Harbour Bridge and Opera House!

It is not so much about the tower and what it is gonna look like, but about flattening that ugly site and even uglier shops and diggin' really deep to create foundations for a new gateway building!

Hope those developers have some money to make this happen!

Old August 12th, 2003, 06:06 AM   #9
CULWULLA

Quote:
Originally posted by AltiusAltiusAltius
Erecting this tower is the best thing to happen in Sydney after the Harbour Bridge and Opera House!

It is not so much about the tower and what it is gonna look like, but about flattening that ugly site and even uglier shops and diggin' really deep to create foundations for a new gateway building!

Hope those developers have some money to make this happen!

alt- this WILL happen and soon! the developer are hasseling planners already for a rush DA approval!! it will start this year!
Just imagine this and ASPECT and also EAST starting up along with cassia, latitude, World tower, Masonic!! maybe even 114 liverpool (Opp wt) and 30storey meriton on campbell st also 16storey park central overlooking belmore park!!
talk about a boom!!!
Old August 12th, 2003, 06:26 AM   #10
AltiusAltiusAltius

Likes (Received): 58

Can't wait to see George Street in 2 years!!

It's gonna be the best place to stroll in town!

Southern CBD was neglected for too long and now this is really something we can look forward to!

Hope Meritons builds a better Regis Tower No4 to compensate for the lack of imagination on the first three buildings!

Hope Aspect will finally happen after the dispute and design change!

Hope World Square shopping will be world-class and more than just a foodcourt!

Old August 12th, 2003, 06:48 AM   #11
Fabian

Quote:
Originally posted by CULWULLA
The wind turbine is actually quite a curious looking structure! It really just looks like a spire. the 4 sided steel framed structure has 3 circular turning elements at lower part of tower . the top 3rd of tower then reduces to a fine spire. its not really imposing and goes about its job even at night!
Apparently the Environment people who spoke at competition say how solar is out and wind is in. Sydney is very windy apparently!!lol
fab- no idea why offices were left out? maybe maroun want all units, greed?
offices=rent=profits in the long term$$$$

Fab Sydney Flashbacks
Old August 12th, 2003, 06:56 AM   #12
CULWULLA

alt- look on aspect thread for its start time which is in 4 weeks!
fab-units=$ more $ evry year on.
Old August 12th, 2003, 07:16 AM   #13
Fabian

When it comes to selling units, the developer makes money in the short term with office, there is a tendiency to lease them out. Also Strata suites also generate a fair amount of revenue and make an excellent investment

Fab Sydney Flashbacks
Old August 12th, 2003, 07:27 AM   #14
fro

Likes (Received): 159

This is bloody fantastic news! Thanks as always for keeping us informed Cul! And it's even better news to find out that the developers are VERY KEEN!

I'm standing with Altius about this development. It's a huuge boost for the area given what's there presently... some pokey trinket shops and a couple of milkbar + LAN gaming shops.

I'm sure the renders will be coming soon. Let's hope it's nice... orange.... something different!
fro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2003, 09:27 AM   #15
brizer

Likes (Received):

Who is Project Architecture? They are new to me. Anyone know of their work elsewhere?
Old August 12th, 2003, 09:34 AM   #16
CULWULLA

Quote:
Originally posted by brizer
Who is Project Architecture? They are new to me. Anyone know of their work elsewhere?
there a few ex city planners who have got together and become the firm. There pretty good. there also designing a new beaut 15level office tower for Milsons point over looking Luna park. it also has a wind turbine, but its part of the top 3 storeys(cut into side of bldg). they have also designed Mid City centre and some others.
Old August 12th, 2003, 10:20 AM   #17
MrTall

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally posted by CULWULLA
alt- this WILL happen and soon! the developer are hasseling planners already for a rush DA approval!! it will start this year!
Just imagine this and ASPECT and also EAST starting up along with cassia, latitude, World tower, Masonic!! maybe even 114 liverpool (Opp wt) and 30storey meriton on campbell st also 16storey park central overlooking belmore park!!
talk about a boom!!!
......not to mention 101 Bathurst and Meriton Tower. It's all looking very promising however I still wonder how many of these projects will actually get off the ground. Marketing hasn't even started for Meriton, 101, 720, 114, or East, and there's a shitload of apartments that have to be sold before any of these progress. So my concern is whether there is enough (time) left in this cycle for these projects to get up. Aspect is taking an ETERNITY to happen too.....JUST BUILD THE F*****G THING!!!!
MrTall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2003, 11:00 AM   #18
finn

Likes (Received): 2836

Quote:
Originally posted by MrTall
......not to mention 101 Bathurst and Meriton Tower. It's all looking very promising however I still wonder how many of these projects will actually get off the ground. Marketing hasn't even started for Meriton, 101, 720, 114, or East, and there's a shitload of apartments that have to be sold before any of these progress. So my concern is whether there is enough (time) left in this cycle for these projects to get up. Aspect is taking an ETERNITY to happen too.....JUST BUILD THE F*****G THING!!!!
Meriton is a rental apartment tower, so they won't be selling any of that - they'll just advertise for tenants through their website and real estate agencies when the tower is getting close to completion.
finn está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2003, 11:20 AM   #19
MrTall

Likes (Received): 1

With rental yields so low, I wonder why they'd want to be landlording at this point in time. Maybe they're chasing capital gains?? Who knows.
MrTall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2003, 01:19 PM   #20
CULWULLA

mr tall, believe me all these projects will go ahead! Sydney has a strong pull and residential is going well! Sydney is so big it tends to slow down but never lull!

anywahow heres the pic i promised!
as you can see its from george street. It doesnt show colours and materials just simple form. but gives idea of tower and spire!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
sydney