PROJECT | Panorama Plaza | 2 x 114m & 2 x 99m | 2 x 32fl & 2 x 27fl | On Hold - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Latvia > Rīga

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old December 1st, 2007, 04:02 PM   #1
Martins
-Riga-

Likes (Received): 797

PROJECT | Panorama Plaza | 2 x 114m & 2 x 99m | 2 x 32fl & 2 x 27fl | On Hold

Panorama Residence
RIGA - LATVIA

Project
Four multi-storey dwelling houses alongside trade and office buildings as well as a recreation centre. The two central dwelling houses will have 30 storeys each, and the two lateral ones - 25 stores, offering potential buyers not just a modern living space, but also an impressive panorama view of Riga.
The project is focused on multi-storey dwelling houses that will introduce each of its four stages to be later gradually complemented with other facilities. For instance, the project’s second stage provides for raising a trade centre, the third – a shopping gallery and three-level office buildings, and the fourth - a swimming pool and a recreation centre. This sequence may be subject to change depending on the market demand.
First 25-storey building has 141 flats, while second 30-storey building – 176 flats of 63.60 – 175.80 square metres area. Both smaller flats and exclusive 2-storey apartments with terraces are available. It is envisaged to build 660 flats of different size with a total surface amounting to 77, 740 square meters. All flats are offered completely finished, with built-in kitchen, sanitary and electronic equipment, with a possibility for the buyer to choose among two different options. All exclusive apartments will have de Luxe finishing. All flats will be provided with the most up-to-date telecommunications and data services. The buildings will be supplied with high-speed business-class lifts and 24-hour entrance security.

Building Info:

Panorama Residence I & IV
Height: 99m (spire) | 27fl
Construction dates:
(2004-2006 - Building I)
(? - Building IV)
Building uses: Residential

Panorama Plaza II & III
Height: 114m (spire)| 32fl
Construction dates:
(2005-2007 - Building II)
(2007-? - Building III)
Building uses: Residential

Last edited by Martins; August 28th, 2016 at 06:00 PM.
Martins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 1st, 2007, 08:09 PM   #2
Nomels
I Love Ice

Likes (Received): 425

Latest construction update
Old December 1st, 2007, 08:09 PM   #3
Nomels
I Love Ice

Double post
Advertisement

Old December 6th, 2007, 09:00 PM   #4
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2355

Just some other high-rise building in a residential area, will be remembered and famous as extremly ugly 30 years from now sadly.

But, i guess its needed.
Ŝróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 10:27 PM   #5
indipuk
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qazaq View Post
Just some other high-rise building in a residential area, will be remembered and famous as extremly ugly 30 years from now sadly.

But, i guess its needed.
Cheap Turkish architecture.
indipuk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 11:13 PM   #6
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 2024

I think I saw this one on my way in to Riga from the airport for the S&B meet 2007. Looked tall and IMO completely ok design of the towers. BUT, the planning is far to suburban for my tastes.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Ŝróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall, OzFrog
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2007, 04:46 AM   #7
Nomels
I Love Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
I think I saw this one on my way in to Riga from the airport for the S&B meet 2007. Looked tall and IMO completely ok design of the towers. BUT, the planning is far to suburban for my tastes.
It is about to get some towers around it - Spice highrise and some other up to 17 fl highrises lining up and down the same street
Old January 30th, 2008, 05:12 PM   #8
Gatis

Likes (Received): 591

I think, I should do correction in Emporis database - 3rd tower of Panorama Plaza is on hold, nothing is built there currently.
They are completing the 2nd tower and building supermarket - and nothing else for a moment.
Old January 30th, 2008, 05:58 PM   #9
Martins
-Riga-

Likes (Received): 797

^ right!
Martins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 02:54 PM   #10
Gatis

Sad news. Panorama Plaza project is going to be stopped for a uncertain period. It means - they will complete the second tower. The third one will stay halfway - it has reached some 17th floor. Fourth tower is little likely to be built.

Reason - sharp decrease of demand for apartment space. They say that in month they get 1 - 2 clients only.

Now Riga has got really stupid looking project.

Btw. the same investors are going to start another highrise elsewhere - 12 floor office building at Hanzas Street. This is not serious - to leave something half done and to rush elsewhere to start something new.
Old February 19th, 2008, 06:11 PM   #11
Nomels
I Love Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatis View Post
Sad news. Panorama Plaza project is going to be stopped for a uncertain period. It means - they will complete the second tower. The third one will stay halfway - it has reached some 17th floor. Fourth tower is little likely to be built.

Reason - sharp decrease of demand for apartment space. They say that in month they get 1 - 2 clients only.

Now Riga has got really stupid looking project.

Btw. the same investors are going to start another highrise elsewhere - 12 floor office building at Hanzas Street. This is not serious - to leave something half done and to rush elsewhere to start something new.
U can not blame developers for the economic incapabilities of Latvia, can you?

Last edited by Nomels; February 19th, 2008 at 07:50 PM.
Nomels no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 08:05 PM   #12
Vecais Sakarnis

Likes (Received): 764

Is this rational from business perspective - to leave one tower half-built? They has invested large money in it - now they think to leave it unfinished? I thought that such things could happen only in Soviet times... Also, the city have no legal means to affect developers? They get license to build there from the city, but this was for Panorama Plaza project not for such a cripple - two finished buildings and one unfinished wreck... Riga will look terrible and ridiculous in that place with such a look. Also, If I were some of them people, who already bought flats in the project, I would go to court, because the project with 2 finished and one cripple building (where could be paradise place of all Pardaugava's junkies and homeless) is absolutely different project from that where I were bought my flat!
Vecais Sakarnis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 10:14 PM   #13
Gatis

Quote:
U can not blame developers for the economic incapabilities of Latvia, can you?
I can blame them for stupidity and in this case that's it and not economical incapabilities of Latvia. One can't expect that in one - two years every single inhabitant of Latvia including newborn children will buy new apartment space for himself.
Old February 20th, 2008, 03:13 AM   #14
Nomels
I Love Ice

Quote:
I can blame them for stupidity and in this case that's it and not economical incapabilities of Latvia. One can't expect that in one - two years every single inhabitant of Latvia including newborn children will buy new apartment space for himself.
Businesses operate on a basis of returns on investment - not on how stupid they are or look or so on. This means that legislation can be made in a way that it is financially unfeasible to abandon the project half way through in a way that it baddly affects cityscape.

So I would say it is not the fault of developers nor stupidity of developers that government imposed so strictly on real estate industry
Old February 20th, 2008, 01:24 PM   #15
Gatis

In Latvia it is so common - everyone can create mess around himself and then point to government and say - "they are guilty for this" and all the nation happily agrees. People have used to strong authoritarian rule - and it takes generations to get this out.

If it happens that the developer stops half-way with his project - he still should provide more or less nice looking environment. Government will not do it with taxpayer money. And there should be at least few people outside government who care about the things they do.

Regarding abrupt end of loan-paradise - we should be lucky that government and banks interfered. Otherwise we would be in really big trouble by now.

Btw. we still shall see how "Panorama Plaza" will come out of this situation. May be they will come up with some normal solution?
Old February 20th, 2008, 01:55 PM   #16
Nomels
I Love Ice

Quote:
In Latvia it is so common - everyone can create mess around himself and then point to government and say - "they are guilty for this" and all the nation happily agrees. People have used to strong authoritarian rule - and it takes generations to get this out.

If it happens that the developer stops half-way with his project - he still should provide more or less nice looking environment. Government will not do it with taxpayer money. And there should be at least few people outside government who care about the things they do.
Gatis, hallo! Government and institutions have more effective instruments than taxpayers money and you know that - legislation, legislation and legislation and effective implementation. Its far way behind the Western Europe in effective government activity. You think that businesses are planning to create "a mess" and not nice environments and when they are done with a mess they report to their investors that the mess is implemented successfully and leave dumping all the tidying up in the hands of taxpayers money? Common, Gati! Off course businesses operate based on financial interests and ethical parts are imposed from governments all over the world, but you are saying that in Latvia businesses have to be self conscious in this regard, common! It is time for people working who are being paid by taxpayers to actually do something not just do, but be responsible for they have "organised" through their interactions. Take Panorama Plaza - if there would be a law protecting looks of sensitive areas in Riga, PP would never be built here anyway. But currently this could be fixed with another regulation in regard to abandoning construction site in sensitive areas so it would be financially more feasible to finish up what you have started not to abandon it - therefore investors would think twice before engaging in potentially grand fiasco

Last edited by Nomels; February 20th, 2008 at 02:06 PM.
Nomels no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 02:08 PM   #17
LV994-CB
Lurking

Likes (Received): 76

They should atleast put some normal cladding and finish those 17 floors. If it's going to stay like this it's going to be ugly and messy.
Old February 20th, 2008, 06:15 PM   #18
LatvianGG
Hotel Business

Likes (Received): 1

If they have problems now with selling the apartments, who's gonna buy a place later when everybody will know that it will stay unfinished. I mean it still is a prestigious property, and people who can afford it would not like to have a view of unfinished building out of their windows.

Going to Amsterdam??
http://www.hotelaalders.nl
LatvianGG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 11:54 PM   #19
Vecais Sakarnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianGG View Post
If they have problems now with selling the apartments, who's gonna buy a place later when everybody will know that it will stay unfinished. I mean it still is a prestigious property, and people who can afford it would not like to have a view of unfinished building out of their windows.
Exactly!
Old February 21st, 2008, 12:14 AM   #20
Vecais Sakarnis

Dīvaini, vēl 8. februārī, Dienā, par Plaza bija šāds raksts, kur tika blefots, ka ar dzīvokļu pārdošanu viss štokos:
"Stādoties priekšā kā potenciāls pircējs, Panorama Plaza dzīvokļu pārdošanas birojā Diena uzzināja, ka pirmajās divās ēkās lielākoties visi dzīvokļi ir rezervēti un šobrīd norit trešās mājas pārdošana. Tajā pieejami mazāki dzīvokļi (pārsvarā 59—68 km2 lieli), jo to tagad pieprasa pircēji, skaidro pārdošanas vadītāja Elīna Celmiņa. Gada beigās varētu sākties pēdējā debesskrāpja celtniecība, kurā plānojums, iespējams, atšķirsies no pārējām trijām ēkām.

Kopā rezervēts ap 260 dzīvokļiem, kas ir apmēram puse. Par projekta īstenošanu atbildīgā uzņēmuma Latmes Building valdes loceklis A.Škapars apgalvo, ka dzīvokļu pārdošanu krīze nekustamo īpašumu tirgū ir tikai nedaudz piebremzējusi. Tādēļ pretēji citiem attīstītājiem, kas gatavojas iesaistīties Rīgas domes rīkotajā konkursā, pārdodot pilsētai iesāktos jaunos projektus, kuros tiktu izmitinātas pašvaldības dzīvokļu rindā esošās ģimenes, Interbaltija šādu iespēju neapsver. Turklāt pašvaldības noteiktā cena Ls 1200 Ls/ km2 neatbilst viņu projektu kvalitātei, piebilst A.Škapars. Šobrīd dzīvokļu cena debesskrāpī ir ap 2000 km2."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: