Christmas in Asia! Send in your pics!! - Page 8 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > General Asian Discussion > Cityscapes and Skylines

Cityscapes and Skylines Scenes of Asia


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 19th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #141
jimPUNKZ
jack of spades
 
jimPUNKZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere down the southSAYBU
Posts: 548
Likes (Received): 321

Quote:
Originally Posted by WawaY[625] View Post
So now you are trying to make it appear that Cebuano's christmas spirit is above the rest.. but whatever... reading your post, I know this wont end..let me just say my piece for the last. Commercialization of Christmas is everywhere..Its too naive to say majority of people for our place celebrate christmas for its true spirit blah blah especially in big cities.
what else do you know about how cebuanos celebrate christmas? cebuanos celebrates the true spirit of christmas bai and so to majority of the filipinos(well i dont know about davao though)!!! you cant do anything about it.
makasabat lang po.....
__________________
-IlovemySelf-
theJACKofAllASSES
jimPUNKZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 19th, 2010, 01:58 PM   #142
BEERUSIK
PATTAYA(SINCITY)-MOSCOW
 
BEERUSIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PATTAYA(SINCITY)-MOSCOW
Posts: 1,434
Likes (Received): 211

MANY BEAUTIFUL PICTURES HERE....
TOO BAD WE DON"T HAVE A CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION...YOU CAN FIND THE DECORATION IN THE SHOPPING MALL (LIKE A SPECIAL PROMOTION) AND CHURCH ONLY

SO YOU COULD NOT SEE MUCH THAI FORUMMERS POST THE PICTURE HERE

Last edited by BEERUSIK; December 20th, 2010 at 03:17 AM.
BEERUSIK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 02:08 PM   #143
SleMarKen
ceboooooooom
 
SleMarKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,103
Likes (Received): 28

Singapore, Singapore
Some of my Singapore pics...














btw, I'm wishing here to everyones God, so maybe I'm seing this God as an ATM machine...






__________________
Ceboom ti-ya-yah, boom ti-ya-yah, boom ti-ya-yah boom!!!
Just Awesome. Cebu.

Last edited by SleMarKen; December 19th, 2010 at 03:41 PM.
SleMarKen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 19th, 2010, 02:14 PM   #144
SleMarKen
ceboooooooom
 
SleMarKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,103
Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEERUSIK View Post
MANY BEAUTIFUL PICTURES HERE....
TOO BAD WE DON"T HAVE A CHRISMAS CELEBRATION...YOU CAN FIND THE DECORATION IN THE SHOPPING MALL (LIKE A SPECIAL PROMOTION) AND CHURCH ONLY

SO YOU COULD NOT SEE MUCH THAI FORUMMERS POST THE PICTURE HERE
It's okay as long as there is the presence of Christmas in your country. You can post some of those pics here. We also wanna know how thais celebrate Christmas. Whether for promotion or for church celebration
__________________
Ceboom ti-ya-yah, boom ti-ya-yah, boom ti-ya-yah boom!!!
Just Awesome. Cebu.
SleMarKen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #145
WawaY[625]
BANNED
 
WawaY[625]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Manado
Posts: 6,427
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleMarKen View Post
hahaha. Ok. Yeah coz I live in Cebu. And in Manila or Davao? I dunno coz I don't live there. And did I say that Cebuanos christmas spirit is above the rest? I didn't say that,hmmm Is it you who said that? :P . Are kinda jealouseses again?
Nope, no reason to be jealous whatsoever..I do, however, get pissed off easily at people who are overbearing with regional pride and sensitivity


Quote:
Originally Posted by SleMarKen View Post
hahaha. Ok. Yeah coz I live in Cebu. And in Manila or Davao? I dunno coz I don't live there. And did I say that Cebuanos christmas spirit is above the rest? I didn't say that,hmmm Is it you who said that? :P . Are kinda jealouseses again?


Yeah, I know coz I'm celebrating it with them. Stop pretending that majority of us don't celebrate Christmas with it's true meaning coz the truth is we really are.
And you're also trying to say that majority of us don't celebrate Christmas seriously coz you also don't. What you do doesn't reflect the attitude of the whole nation
Im not pretending, im just saying it as it is..what with the early mallwide sales, the christmas parties etc.. commercialization is rampant and is much a part of the Filipino Christmas as the true meaning of it. And yes, i stand by my word when I say its too naive to think otherwise.wake up to reality my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleMarKen View Post

Btw, I thought you're banned forever here in SSC that's why we're we're surprized how you came back
You've done a lot of mess in the Philippine thread... Stop pretending dude
This argument is ad hominem
WawaY[625] no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 03:32 PM   #146
SleMarKen
ceboooooooom
 
SleMarKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,103
Likes (Received): 28

lol, no use to argue anymore. I've only realized this time that this forumer is against all Cebu forumers as he always say that we Cebuanos always say that we're the best and the rest of the country is nothing . '
Hating Cebu and Cebu forumers is a reason why such ssc forumer is banned several times. So no need to argue to this forumer


Sorry for the OT:
anyway, let's continue with the topic...
__________________
Ceboom ti-ya-yah, boom ti-ya-yah, boom ti-ya-yah boom!!!
Just Awesome. Cebu.
SleMarKen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 03:47 PM   #147
WawaY[625]
BANNED
 
WawaY[625]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Manado
Posts: 6,427
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleMarKen View Post
lol, no use to argue anymore. I've only realized this time that this forumer is against all Cebu forumers as he always say that we Cebuanos always say that we're the best and the rest of the country is nothing . '
Thats a lie and you know it! Its very unfair of you to bring it up here though as I was just reacting towards your post regarding Filipino Christmas celebration Nice of you to expose your true character though

Here are pics I took yesterday from Orchard Road

People of different backgrounds checking the nativity scenes







Orchard Road crowd







a church group singing Charismatic and Christmas songs (the guy sang MJ's "heal the world" though) from his accent, it seems he is Filipino..there is another chorale singing Christmas songs at the other side, just before you reach Paragon Plaza. I could tell they were Pinoys because they were wearing barong tagalog


Last edited by WawaY[625]; December 19th, 2010 at 04:15 PM.
WawaY[625] no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #148
~MELVINDONESIA~
INDONESIA
 
~MELVINDONESIA~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bandung
Posts: 1,253
Likes (Received): 26

From CENTRALPARK mall,Jakarta,Indonesia

Christianity is 2nd largest religion in Indonesia
almost 15% (35.000.000) of Indonesians are Christian (mostly Protestant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desta28 View Post






SO COOOOLLLL

Source: FB Central Park
~MELVINDONESIA~ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 05:13 PM   #149
Vrooms
threeyearson.
 
Vrooms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 9,716
Likes (Received): 1643

Nice pictures of Singapore SleMarKen WawaY[625]!! BTW Tangs won best decorated building along Orchard Road this year:

TANGS ORCHARD
image hosted on flickr

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4145/...545d3cc0_b.jpg

image hosted on flickr

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4085/...081f6e2b_b.jpg

image hosted on flickr

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5083/...11067ab8_b.jpg
__________________
🔥🚀
Vrooms no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 06:10 PM   #150
wino
Registered User
 
wino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,625
Likes (Received): 1238

that looks hippy!
__________________
The last thing I wanna do in my list is to hurt you.. but it is still on the list.
wino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #151
Vrooms
threeyearson.
 
Vrooms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 9,716
Likes (Received): 1643

Quote:
Originally Posted by wino View Post
that looks hippy!
Haha!! The design this year was inspired by Andy Warhol’s Pop Art Christmas Cards of the 1950s. TANGS always comes up with different designs every year. This is what they did last year(I personally prefer last years design):

TANGS 2009
image hosted on flickr

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2784/...97945366_b.jpg

image hosted on flickr

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2803/...16a9e9fb_b.jpg

image hosted on flickr

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2704/...d48c46b0_b.jpg

image hosted on flickr

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2696/...e35fba29_b.jpg

image hosted on flickr

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2623/...c403f6c1_b.jpg

image hosted on flickr

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/...672a6583_b.jpg
__________________
🔥🚀
Vrooms no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #152
SleMarKen
ceboooooooom
 
SleMarKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,103
Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WawaY[625] View Post
Thats a lie and you know it! Its very unfair of you to bring it up here though as I was just reacting towards your post regarding Filipino Christmas celebration Nice of you to expose your true character though

Here are pics I took yesterday from Orchard Road

People of different backgrounds checking the nativity scenes



Orchard Road crowd





a church group singing Charismatic and Christmas songs (the guy sang MJ's "heal the world" though) from his accent, it seems he is Filipino..there is another chorale singing Christmas songs at the other side, just before you reach Paragon Plaza. I could tell they were Pinoys because they were wearing barong tagalog

YEah! Why a lie? where infact it's true! Why unfair? And whose being unfair of being one sided here and planted hatred against my place and my fellow forumers? So reacting with my post is bec of hatred not the real intention of explaining some facts. I'm just doing some precautions my friend


Anyway, thanks for those pics. I really miss Singapore and its people.
And the Belen and the carolers... Why I didn't met them

@Vrooms, you're welcome. That time when I visited Orchard, there's a storm brewing above Singapore with whole day heavy rain that's why I haven't taken pics of every corner of Orchard.

So that Tangs won? Kewl
If I'm not mistaken, that's the one with a Christmas tree on top of the roof of a subway exit... with huge and colorful Christmas balls...
__________________
Ceboom ti-ya-yah, boom ti-ya-yah, boom ti-ya-yah boom!!!
Just Awesome. Cebu.

Last edited by SleMarKen; December 19th, 2010 at 11:03 PM.
SleMarKen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 11:16 PM   #153
SleMarKen
ceboooooooom
 
SleMarKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,103
Likes (Received): 28

City of Bais, Negros Oriental Province, Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by jundem_dq63 View Post










Hersley-Ven Casero's Photos
__________________
Ceboom ti-ya-yah, boom ti-ya-yah, boom ti-ya-yah boom!!!
Just Awesome. Cebu.

Last edited by SleMarKen; December 19th, 2010 at 11:24 PM.
SleMarKen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 11:19 PM   #154
SleMarKen
ceboooooooom
 
SleMarKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,103
Likes (Received): 28

Davao City, Southern Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaTRIBU View Post
Christmas in Davao City @ Mana Davao, Lanang
x4 photos
http://lostindavao.com/christmas-lig...na-davao-2010/







__________________
Ceboom ti-ya-yah, boom ti-ya-yah, boom ti-ya-yah boom!!!
Just Awesome. Cebu.
SleMarKen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 11:21 PM   #155
SleMarKen
ceboooooooom
 
SleMarKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,103
Likes (Received): 28

Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila, Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldenstrom View Post
POLICARPIO STREET, MANDALUYONG CITY
"Christmas Street of the Phils."

What makes Christmas in Policarpio extra special? Judging from the throngs of people from various places that troop to this famous street in the city of Mandaluyong, it is primarily the elaborate and extravagant Christmas displays that have turned Policarpio into a glittering spectacle every year.

Here, animated Christmas displays adorn the façade of beautiful houses. One look at the attractions which include a moving Belen and a wonderland with fairies and dwarves, will remind older generations of the colorful sights and sounds of the Manila COD, a popular mall in Avenida (then opened a second branch in Cubao) during the early 60s which features moving displays during the Yuletide season.

Visitors are also lured to the mansion of the Dalisays which is literally covered with lights, including its gazebo. A totally breathtaking view, it has become the most popular symbol of the Policarpio Christmas Street. This visual treat is comparable with the Zigong Lantern Festival in China and probably dwarfs the London Lantern Boulevard.

A hit among kids is the house across the Dalisay mansion which features St. Nick in various kinds and sizes. Dubbed as the "House of Santa," people cannot help but marvel at these displays which is considered one of the largest collections of Santa Claus items.

Enhancing the fiesta atmosphere are bazaars and food stalls which line the entire stretch of Policarpio street. Other tiangges are located in the garage of several houses with a wide range of merchandise such as home and kitchen items, toys, hats, religious icons, and children’s clothes.

After sightseeing, visitors check out these bazaars and take a bite of finger foods, bibingka and puto bungbong at the food stalls.

The idea of a Christmas street was conceptualized in 1995 by the Residents Association of Policarpio in their efforts to abide with the Filipino Christmas tradition of decorating and illuminating their houses. Later on, the 31 families participating in this undertaking decided to allow the public to view their houses with a goal to share the joys and true spirit of the season.

Every year, more and more people including folks from the provinces discover this place in Mandaluyong, eventually making it a tourist destination come Christmas time.

The nightly spectacle opens at 6 a.m. until midnight and runs for the duration of the Yuletid season. It is located at Policarpio Street, Brgy. New Zaniga, Mandaluyong.

from Travelsmart



Ravemaster


Carlo Angeles




FrenzFries
__________________
Ceboom ti-ya-yah, boom ti-ya-yah, boom ti-ya-yah boom!!!
Just Awesome. Cebu.
SleMarKen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 11:22 PM   #156
SleMarKen
ceboooooooom
 
SleMarKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,103
Likes (Received): 28

Moncada, Tarlac, Central Luzon, Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldenstrom View Post
BELENISMO
Moncada, Tarlac



Belenismo




from Pulencio

“Belenismo sa Tarlac” (project to transform it to “Belen capital” of the Philippines) was launched by Isabel Cojuangco-Suntay, sister of former Ambassador Eduardo Cojuangco Jr., president of the Tarlac Heritage Foundation. 2007 Belen Festival began in September, with the first Belen-making workshop to Dec. 16.
__________________
Ceboom ti-ya-yah, boom ti-ya-yah, boom ti-ya-yah boom!!!
Just Awesome. Cebu.
SleMarKen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2010, 03:00 AM   #157
WawaY[625]
BANNED
 
WawaY[625]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Manado
Posts: 6,427
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleMarKen View Post
YEah! Why a lie? where infact it's true! Why unfair? And whose being unfair of being one sided here and planted hatred against my place and my fellow forumers? So reacting with my post is bec of hatred not the real intention of explaining some facts. I'm just doing some precautions my friend

Its a lie because I do not hate Cebuano forumers as per your accusations. I only have problems with the few who I find overbearing but that does not have anything to do with regional background but more on their character.My friend, spare this thread of regional issues and CvC..this is the international forums and we are looked at not as Cebuanos or Davaoenos but FILIPINOS!

Its unfair because the people here do not know the real score..your argument is ad hominem and therefore is flawed..You are attacking my character instead of defending your post.Stop spreading lies especially in this thread where people do not know the real score with regards to your accusations.thats very ungentlemanly of you..

If I were to translate your post it goes like this.. " I can no longer defend what I earlier stated, but because I am too proud to admit that, I will attack waway's character instead to make his posts look less valid"

My only point was to argue against your claim that we Pinoy's celebrate Christmas for its meaning..my argument was that we cannot claim such as we too are guilty of making Christmas commercialized..A lot of our traditions scream of commercialization like christmas carolling (for money) completing simbang gabi to get one's wishes to come true, mallwide sales, Christmas parties..Im not saying its bad..I am guilty of enjoying a commercialized Christmas too, Im just highlighting that lets not judge other countries as to how they celebrate Christmas because ours isnt perfect too
WawaY[625] no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2010, 03:07 AM   #158
WawaY[625]
BANNED
 
WawaY[625]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Manado
Posts: 6,427
Likes (Received): 4

Christmas tradition in the Philippines

Misa de Gallo



and the ubiquitous Puto bung bong (I havent tried one ever )

WawaY[625] no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2010, 03:10 AM   #159
WawaY[625]
BANNED
 
WawaY[625]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Manado
Posts: 6,427
Likes (Received): 4

Christmas Lanterns (Parol)





WawaY[625] no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2010, 04:02 AM   #160
SleMarKen
ceboooooooom
 
SleMarKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,103
Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WawaY[625] View Post
Its a lie because I do not hate Cebuano forumers as per your accusations. I only have problems with the few who I find overbearing but that does not have anything to do with regional background but more on their character.My friend, spare this thread of regional issues and CvC..this is the international forums and we are looked at not as Cebuanos or Davaoenos but FILIPINOS!

Its unfair because the people here do not know the real score..your argument is ad hominem and therefore is flawed..You are attacking my character instead of defending your post.Stop spreading lies especially in this thread where people do not know the real score with regards to your accusations.thats very ungentlemanly of you..

If I were to translate your post it goes like this.. " I can no longer defend what I earlier stated, but because I am too proud to admit that, I will attack waway's character instead to make his posts look less valid"

My only point was to argue against your claim that we Pinoy's celebrate Christmas for its meaning..my argument was that we cannot claim such as we too are guilty of making Christmas commercialized..A lot of our traditions scream of commercialization like christmas carolling (for money) completing simbang gabi to get one's wishes to come true, mallwide sales, Christmas parties..Im not saying its bad..I am guilty of enjoying a commercialized Christmas too, Im just highlighting that lets not judge other countries as to how they celebrate Christmas because ours isnt perfect too

Sorry but it just goes like this..."whatever i will say, still no use coz whatever I explain, all my points are wrong and invalid thus I realized that waway is a forumer that uses hatred not mind in explaining his issues"

but I know that your character is like that at first and I thought you've already changed but found out that is still hatred why you insist that I'm thinking like that whereas I did not say... and it is right for them to know who I'm talking with here.

you say pride? duh! you don't know how many cebuano forumers banned coz I asked them to be banned coz of not meeting ssc rules when they interacted in your places' threads? Coz I'm neutral enough in dealing whith those issues. And haven't you read in Travel and tourism thread of how I showed my dissappointments of Cebu's officials and its people? Of how I criticized my own place and it's people about governance, cleanliness, tourism etc... Of why they will put hop on hop off buses where Cebu's environment is not presentable and suggested that it is better in Davao or bacolod than Cebu, and many more... Is that what you call regional pride? I praise Cebu and Cebuanos if they does right but if they do wrong, I'm the first one to criticize.

But still of all my comments here in SSC, you always make tira tira aginst all my comments coz I know you're one sided. it's hatred dude.

And with that kind of attitude, you're already considered a troll in the Philippine sub forum. You're infact as famous as MJ there...lol

Im WISHING you a Merry Christmas friend
And don't worry, I don't plant hatred towards you.
I even planned to meet you there in Singapore but you're still banned at that time so no contact...
Anyway, have a great time there in Singapore and I hope you can visit our country soon
__________________
Ceboom ti-ya-yah, boom ti-ya-yah, boom ti-ya-yah boom!!!
Just Awesome. Cebu.

Last edited by SleMarKen; December 20th, 2010 at 04:07 AM.
SleMarKen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My pics from Asia Ton-Tille The Urban Tourist 4 October 2nd, 2007 01:21 PM
Breaking in my Christmas tripod (PICS) Ian604 Southeast 4 January 1st, 2007 07:31 PM


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us