COMPLETE: Platinum (Glenelg, 27m/9lvls) - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Urban Spaces > Archives

Old December 17th, 2003, 08:26 AM   #1
minaaus

Likes (Received):

COMPLETE: Platinum (Glenelg, 27m/9lvls)

renderings in advertiser look pretty impressive - contreversial though as holdfast council oppose development but it going ahead and will be built on colley reserve or there abouts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 17th, 2003, 10:37 AM   #2
Will

Likes (Received): 0

Will no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2003, 12:19 PM   #3
Adder-Laid
no way sis

Likes (Received): 3

This one means goodbye magic mountain, yeah?
Adder-Laid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 21st, 2003, 05:34 AM   #4
jacobsian

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally posted by Adder-Laid
This one means goodbye magic mountain, yeah?
I think the area where the green stuff is in the pic is the current magic mountain site. The old proposal had a fun park and 16 level tower, stupid NIMBY pricks.
jacobsian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2003, 05:59 AM   #5
AG

Likes (Received): 576

Quote:
Originally posted by yob
I think the area where the green stuff is in the pic is the current magic mountain site. The old proposal had a fun park and 16 level tower, stupid NIMBY pricks.
The new proposal still does have a fun park. The proposal for the Magic Mountain site is to the left of the picture. I don't mind the 9 level building, still better than no building at all, though the 15 level building would have been better to some extent.
AG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2004, 09:02 PM   #6
chrisaus

Likes (Received): 8

"A similar story is being told in Adelaide, with the proposed Platinum on the Beach residential development west of the city.

Developer Todd Brown said 120 of 130 flats had been sold off the plan, even before state government approval"
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...E25658,00.html
chrisaus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2004, 05:53 PM   #7
Calatrava

Likes (Received):

INTRODUCTION

Gentlemen,

Allow me to introduce myself...........I am the Engineering Project Leader on thisproject and also Libert Towers and Pier Hotel etc..........If you have any technical questions about these buildings please dont hesitate to ask.

P.S. There is an Entertainment building contained within this project with slides etc.
Old January 17th, 2004, 06:29 PM   #8
jacobsian

Re: INTRODUCTION

Quote:
Originally posted by Calatrava
Gentlemen,

Allow me to introduce myself...........I am the Engineering Project Leader on thisproject and also Libert Towers and Pier Hotel etc..........If you have any technical questions about these buildings please dont hesitate to ask.

P.S. There is an Entertainment building contained within this project with slides etc.
Welcome!

First question: Liberty Towers - is it a prefab design or is there a core? We discussed this a while ago because we couldn't see a core box.
Old January 22nd, 2004, 02:54 PM   #9
Calatrava

Likes (Received):

Re: Re: INTRODUCTION

Quote:
Originally posted by yob
Welcome!

First question: Liberty Towers - is it a prefab design or is there a core? We discussed this a while ago because we couldn't see a core box.
Refer to Liberty Towers site on this site for further details, but the project utlises the Stair and lift core for lateral stability combined with the precast balde walls. (Dual system) The cores are insitu concrete as well as the columns, but these are the only insitu items on the project, the rest is precast. The building is supported by precast columns placed early in the project via diaphragm wall technique and hence you can say it is currently "ON STILTS" (including the lift and stair cores) as we construct the basements due to the Top down and up sequence.
Old January 28th, 2004, 02:20 AM   #10
kota16

Saw on the CH7 NEWS Australia Day,a group turnout led by Holdfast Bay Mayor protesting this development.The guests at the Ramada Pier Plaza Hotel were on balconies looking down in amazement at the crowd below.The media said they collected 5000 signatures from visitors to the bay,and now have around 40,000 in a petition to try and block this development.Little wonder that Adelaide is such a laughing stock,the guests at the hotel were made to feel that they should not be there,and will return home to say what a strange place this city is.
Old January 30th, 2004, 01:14 PM   #11
Will

Quote:
Originally posted by kota16
Saw on the CH7 NEWS Australia Day,a group turnout led by Holdfast Bay Mayor protesting this development.The guests at the Ramada Pier Plaza Hotel were on balconies looking down in amazement at the crowd below.The media said they collected 5000 signatures from visitors to the bay,and now have around 40,000 in a petition to try and block this development.Little wonder that Adelaide is such a laughing stock,the guests at the hotel were made to feel that they should not be there,and will return home to say what a strange place this city is.

These people are a really big embarassment for our city.

The anti-progress people have actually set up a tent on Jetty Road where they are collecting signatures from fellow negative people.

A few days ago these people tried to brainwash me with their lies as I was walking down Jetty Road. I assure everyone on this forum that I gave these people a piece of my mind!
Old February 16th, 2004, 11:53 AM   #12
kota16

The Bay NIMBY group who oppose the Platinum on the Beach, held a demonstration on the steps of Parliament House,Adelaide today 16 Feb 04.They handed over a petition with 14,000 signatures calling on the SA government to stop it going ahead.The CH7 coverage showed them wearing yellow T shirts emblazoned with the words'Enough is enough'.I was in the area on friday,and looked at the crappy eyesore,that is a left over standing next to Ramada Pier Hotel.It will be interesting to see how Rann handles this issue!
Old February 16th, 2004, 12:13 PM   #13
AG

Wow, this is amusing. There are banners opposing the development all over the Holdfast Bay area, and on some of the shop fronts. They claim it is a high-rise building being built, when it is not even 10 levels, let alone the height of many of the trees in Colley Reserve.

This is pathetic, do you see residents of Sydney protest at any development over the height of 5 levels?

The development still looks likely, AFAIK Urban Planning Minister Jay Weatherill is still in favour of it going ahead.
Old February 16th, 2004, 12:24 PM   #14
jacobsian

The electorate is a liberal seat, so the labor government probably doesn't really have to answer to their little sookylala. Unless a few other seats look dodgy.

I'd love to see how they collected 14,000 signatures.
Old February 16th, 2004, 12:55 PM   #15
AG

Quote:
Originally posted by yob

You're probably right you know... Some of the oldies probably had heart attacks while making all the petitions.
Old February 17th, 2004, 08:58 AM   #16
jacobsian

Approved.

However, nothing can be started until council hand over the magic mountain site, so this'll still get held up a bit.
Old February 20th, 2004, 02:22 AM   #17
Cornholio
www.adelaideunited.com.au

Can the State Govt not just compulsorily acquire it?

Damn the NIMBY's, full speed ahead!
Cornholio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2004, 02:27 AM   #18
pikey
Power 2004

Likes (Received): 70

Yeah the government can, and will, but the dumb****s down there would rather waste hundreds of thousands of dollars tying up the process in legal red tape. Ridiculous.
Old February 20th, 2004, 09:52 AM   #19
Will

Quote:
Originally posted by yob

I actually believe 14 000 signatures to be really pathetic, when you consider how the anti-progress people claim that they represent all the people of South Australia.
Old August 1st, 2004, 11:04 AM   #20
Blend

Likes (Received): 4

i would imagine this is TERRIBLY frustrating for Adelaidians. If brisbane was limited this much id get angry... i get angry now with only 1 of our proposals being blocked, but the extent wihch it happenes in Adelaide would just infuriate me!
Blend no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement