Famous Israeli Arabs - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > General Forums > Photo forums

Old August 7th, 2009, 09:31 PM   #1
Teymani
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Famous Israeli Arabs

Here are some photos of some well-known Israeli Arabs. I am including people from a wide range of backgrounds--- from politicians to entertainers to academics to Islamists to Communists to pro-Israel people.

Khaled Abu Toameh--- a very known journalist in Israel, who, among other things, covers news from the West Bank and Gaza for one of Israel's leading newspapers

Asel Asleh--- peace activist (1983-2000)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../AselAsleh.jpg

Mira Awwad--- a well known singer and actress who co-represented Israel at this year's Eurovision contest (you can see the song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLuY6kFwAws)

*Note: Something that might surprise some of you is that it is not uncommon to find Israeli Jews who look like 'Palestinians' and Palestinians/Israeli Arabs who look like 'Jews'. In my neighborhood for instance, there are these Arab women who own a shop who I used to think were Russian/Eastern European (because they are light-skinned and with blonde hair) and some of the guys who own the local shawarma stand could pass as Palestinian (or Arab in general) just from looking at them.
Teymani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 7th, 2009, 09:43 PM   #2
Teymani
BANNED

Walid Badir--- a longtime Israeli international who is most notable for scoring the tying goal against France in Israel's 2006 World Cup bid. He is now captain for one of the top clubs in Israel.

Ashraf Barhom--- actor who has appeared in such films as "Paradise Now", "The Kingdom" and "The Syrian Bride"

Salim Joubran--- the first Arab Supreme Court justice in Israel

Sayed Kashua--- a very popular comedian and star of the comedy, "Avoda Aravit" (Arab Labour), a sitcom starring an entirely Arab cast (I think) which talks about the various cultural and day-to-day challenges facing Israel's Arab citizens. Here's a picture of the show:

And of the comedian:
Old August 7th, 2009, 10:03 PM   #3
Teymani
BANNED

Reda Mansour--- Israeli ambassador to Ecuador at age 35yrs old (the youngest ambassador in Israel's history); a graduate of Harvard University

Yusef Mishlab--- a former general of the IDF

Angelina Fares--- a former Ms. Israel (beauty queen)

Ayoob Kara---- a deputy minister in the Israeli parliament (Knesset)

Nazar Mahmud--- a top Israeli figure skater

Majalli Wahbee--- former PRESIDENT of Israel; current deputy minister of foreign affairs and deputy speaker of the parliament (Knesset)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 7th, 2009, 10:20 PM   #4
Teymani
BANNED

Rana Raslan--- former Ms. Israel (beauty queen)

Raed Salah--- head of the northern branch of the Islamic Movement in Israel (yep...we have our own ISRAELI Islamist parties too )

Abbas Suan--- an Israeli international, one of the best professional football players in Israel

Miriam Tukan--- the first Arab to appear on the Israeli version of Pop Idol

Abdel Rahman Zuabi--- former Israeli Supreme Court Justice (that's #2 for those who are counting )****NO PICTURE****

Raleb Majadele--- the first Israeli Arab to be appointed to the Prime Minister's Cabinet

Ranin Boulos--- contestant on the first (and so far only) season of Israel's version of "Big Brother"

Prof. Hossam Haick---- co-developed an electronic nose that can detect cancer; Professor of engineering (*I think*) at the #1 University in the Middle East (the Technion; tied with 3 other Israeli universities--- Hebrew U, Tel Aviv U, and the Weizmann Institute)
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/154160.php
Old August 7th, 2009, 10:36 PM   #5
Teymani
BANNED

And finally, here are all of the ELECTED Arab MP's that are currently in office in Israel.

1) Majali Wahbee--- see above
2) Ayoob Kara--- see above
3) Hamad Amar---
4) Afou Agbaria----
5) *Dov Khenin--- he is actually a Jew who is a member of an Arab political party (that is obviously, pro-Palestinian among other things)
6) Hana Suaid---
7) Mohamed Barakeh---
8) Taleb el Sana'a---
9) Ibrahim Sarsur---
10) Ahmad Tibi--- I am sure most of you are familiar with his interviews on al Jazeera and al Manar--- he never misses a chance to badmouth the Israeli government of which he is a member
11) Masud Ghanaim--
12) Said Naffaa---
13) Jamal Zahalka--
14) Hanin Zoabi--- that's right! Arab women in Israel have enjoyed not only the right to vote but the right to serve in elected political office longer than almost any other country in the Middle East/Arab world...oooh the irony! And BTW, she is like the most pro-Ahmadinejad person in the Arab world probably... I think she's the biggest support of a nuclear Iran in the Israeli parliament...and to top it off boys, she's single!!! (so it says on her Parliament webpage)

So that's 13 out of 120 members of parliament who are Arab and who *largely* serve in Arab political parties that are very anti-Israel. That's democracy! And by the way, even though Arabs represent about 20-25% of Israel's population, the reason why you have *only 13* Arab parliament members is because: 1) many Arabs don't vote (e.g., most residents of East Jerusalem) and 2) many Arabs are under the voting age.

Last edited by Teymani; August 8th, 2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old August 7th, 2009, 10:40 PM   #6
Teymani
BANNED

And also, I could be wrong but Israel is home to the first Arab Lesbian organization in the Middle East:

Yes they are a Palestinian group, but they are based in Israel.
Old August 8th, 2009, 08:52 AM   #7
Herzeleid
Caribe

Likes (Received): 2619

yemenian why u like to suck it so much to the arabs....u dont see a famous arab jews thread in here...most peeps here on middle east section dont even like jews...ur such a newbie...

btw Angelina Fares and Ranin Boulos are hot..!
Old August 8th, 2009, 09:26 AM   #8
Teymani
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herzeleid View Post
yemenian why u like to suck it so much to the arabs....u dont see a famous arab jews thread in here...most peeps here on middle east section dont even like jews...ur such a newbie...

btw Angelina Fares and Ranin Boulos are hot..!
One reason why you don't see a thread about famous Arab Jews is because there's like 20 left in the Arab world (*outside of Morocco, which has about 2,000).

I KNOW that most peeps in this section have a thing against Jews. But this thread isn't about Jews, it's about Arabs. I guess the only point that I am trying to convey is that a lot of Arabs in Israel ('the racist Zionist state') are able to achieve a greater level of success than they would in pretty much any Arab country.
Old March 28th, 2010, 12:11 AM   #9
sheytanElKebir
dreams of Babylon rising

Likes (Received): 6027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teymani View Post
14) Hanin Zoabi--- that's right! Arab women in Israel have enjoyed not only the right to vote but the right to serve in elected political office longer than almost any other country in the Middle East/Arab world...oooh the irony! And BTW, she is like the most pro-Ahmadinejad person in the Arab world probably... I think she's the biggest support of a nuclear Iran in the Israeli parliament...and to top it off boys, she's single!!! (so it says on her Parliament webpage)
this is factually incorrect since We had a woman minister in the Iraq government already in 1958 Dr Naziha Al Dulaymi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naziha_al-Dulaimi) and she was also a cabinet minister when the israeli arabs were still living under "emergency rule" .

perhaps knowing something about a subject matter should be a prerequisite before mouthing off?

as for "arab jews" well, Iraq's first finance minister was Jewish SASSON Eskel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sassoon_Eskell and that was already a minister in Iraq and a founder of Iraq's parliament in 1920! ooh, several decades before Israel even existed. and of course there are plenty of other Jews in Iraq who were in prominent positions for millenia... people in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks.

cheers.

Last edited by sheytanElKebir; March 28th, 2010 at 12:21 AM.
sheytanElKebir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 12:27 AM   #10
חבר1.0
BANNED

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheytanElKebir View Post
this is factually incorrect since We had a woman minister in the Iraq government already in 1958 Dr Naziha Al Dulaymi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naziha_al-Dulaimi) and she was also a cabinet minister when the israeli arabs were still living under "emergency rule" .

perhaps knowing something about a subject matter should be a prerequisite before mouthing off?

as for "arab jews" well, Iraq's first finance minister was Jewish SASSON Eskel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sassoon_Eskell and that was already a minister in Iraq and a founder of Iraq's parliament in 1920! ooh, several decades before Israel even existed. and of course there are plenty of other Jews in Iraq who were in prominent positions for millenia... people in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks.

cheers.
Let me guess, she was democratically elected by the Iraqi people?
חבר1.0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 12:31 AM   #11
sheytanElKebir
dreams of Babylon rising

women have had voting rights in iraq since 1932. i.e. before the existence of your state. you got it wrong and got 0wnd. I hope you learn a lesson and be more careful with your choice of hyperbole and "gross generalisations" in future
Old March 28th, 2010, 01:16 AM   #12
KWT

Likes (Received): 3684

Don't even bother. Those people think that everybody in the region, outside of Israel, lives in caves. It makes them feel better about themselves
KWT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 01:22 AM   #13
KWT

Quote:
9) Ibrahim Sarsur---
His last name is Sarsur? LOL

Doesn't that mean cockroach?
Old March 28th, 2010, 01:35 AM   #14
חבר1.0
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT View Post

You tell me.
Old March 28th, 2010, 01:46 AM   #15
Saeed De La Vega
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Ashraf Barhom--- actor who has appeared in such films as "Paradise Now", "The Kingdom" and "The Syrian Bride"

Wowwww....i saw this guy in "Agora" film too,i never thought that he is israelian
he is wonderful actor,and agora is one of the best films in 2009...
wowww to this man
by the way,israelies-arab are really looks like arabs...
best wishes for isreali people,
greeting from persia.
Saeed De La Vega no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 02:27 AM   #16
חבר1.0
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheytanElKebir View Post
women have had voting rights in iraq since 1932. i.e. before the existence of your state. you got it wrong and got 0wnd. I hope you learn a lesson and be more careful with your choice of hyperbole and "gross generalisations" in future
Fine, Iraq was #1. Does this make you happy now? I was just trying to point out the irony in the fact that Israel, which often is often accused as being racist towards its Arab citizens (to the point of exaggeration), gave Israeli Arab women the right to vote before women in most Arab countries received the right (if they even have it). You don't see any irony in that?
Old March 28th, 2010, 02:29 AM   #17
חבר1.0
BANNED

Quote:

Don't even bother. Those people think that everybody in the region, outside of Israel, lives in caves. It makes them feel better about themselves
Maybe not only in caves... I am sure in Kuwait people live in palaces.
Old March 28th, 2010, 02:33 AM   #18
KWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by חבר1.0 View Post
You tell me.
It's a rhetorical question, my dear (plus it's written in latin letters, so i don't know if his name is spelled with a Sin or a Tsad....and that would make a big differebce ).

That ugly religious freak's last name doesn't have anything to do with my previous post. Israelis generally have a skewed and delusional view of the region (and vise versa), it's a fact.
Old March 28th, 2010, 10:08 AM   #19
sheytanElKebir
dreams of Babylon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by חבר1.0 View Post
Fine, Iraq was #1. Does this make you happy now? I was just trying to point out the irony in the fact that Israel, which often is often accused as being racist towards its Arab citizens (to the point of exaggeration), gave Israeli Arab women the right to vote before women in most Arab countries received the right (if they even have it). You don't see any irony in that?
you see. you still don't get it. You simply lump all the 20+ countries of the middle east in one "stereotype" (the most negative, naturally) and behave/act accordingly. Even when the factual inaccuracy of your stereotype is pointed out you are simply incapable of internalising the facts.

When some pretty serious "counterexample" is provided of Iraq's first finance minister and founder of the Iraqi parliament being Jewish, you simply don't get the point. On the eve of Iraq's founding, its parliament was founded by a Jew, and its first finance minister (who actually came up with the 5 year plans that "built" modern Iraq, even after his death) was Jewish, is a pointed fact that these horrendous "arabs" were perfectly capable of (not only giving women rights) but accepting Jews as their equals only a few decades ago (woohooo before israel was even a dream)... (in fact the mirror of the example I provided would be israel's treatment of arabs on the eve of its foundation...)

I do hope you internalise these facts. The point being not the individual example, but the issue of gross generalisations of a pretty large region! - You need to learn much about the region, in order to better understand how to deal with it, and re-integrate Israel economically, culturally and socially within its geographic sphere (which is the only way for israel to live in the long term).
Old March 30th, 2010, 08:00 AM   #20
cabcab1980
BANNED

Quote:

before you make joked dude
http://ar.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D8%A5%...B5%D9%88%D8%B1

names don't make men. otherwise (Israel state) would act like (Israel the Prophet)
cabcab1980 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement