#PROJECT: DUBAI SAFARI AKA NEW ZOO PARK - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Dubai Projects > Dubai Project Development

Dubai Project Development Other projects under construction and development

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 4th, 2004, 09:28 AM   #1
dubai_dude

Likes (Received): 0

#PROJECT: DUBAI SAFARI AKA NEW ZOO PARK

Dubai Municipality will build a new Dh 610 million zoo on 560 hectares of land behind Mushrif Park. Construction is estimated to start in end 2003 and should be completed by 2007. The project will include a Core or Open Zoo, which will consist of six major habitats. The zoo will also include a Wildlife Safari Park, a Bedouin Tented Camp, Night Safaris, Biodiversity Museum, Captive Breeding and Conservation Centre, Birds of Prey Show and the Veterinary Centre

The civic body has plans to plant over 40,000 trees at the new zoological facility which will feature a Safari Park.

The designs for the new zoo have been finalised. The multi-million dirham project will be developed in a phased manner by the civic body which has been managing the zoo since 1971, almost four years after it was established as a private enterprise by an Austrian engineer, Otto J. Bulart.

The municipality has freed several animals in the wild in the forest reserve being created around Mushrif Park, the emirate's largest park with over 500 acres of lawns and trees.

Sources said the zoo will be located on a site measuring over six million square metres. The redeveloped zoo will be distinguished by its vast space, unique location and variety of recreational and entertaining facilities in addition to allowing animals to live in areas designed to be as similar to their natural environment as possible

The design of the zoo will be modern and state-of-the -art, rivalling the best around the world such as the Singapore zoo and the San Diego zoo in the U.S.

The zoo will be one of the world's most attractive zoological gardens and will compliment the other touristic attractions dotting the city skyline.

Advertisement

Old April 4th, 2004, 02:16 PM   #2
Darkknight

Likes (Received): 1

dubai_dude i read an article in khaleej times long ago about them building this zoo. It was said that they will have themed places like a valley and stuff ie the wildlife and vegetation at the foot of hills and mountains. What happened to that????!!!??. I loved those ideas!!!!
Old April 4th, 2004, 02:57 PM   #3
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 3032

To tell you the truth , i couldnt careless if the zoo will miss a few hill or mountains i mean you`ve seen how bad the old zoo is , this will be like heaven for the animals .... Cool project btw
Advertisement

Old April 4th, 2004, 04:33 PM   #4
Darkknight

yes i have seen the old zoo. It was pathetic and the animals were cramped!!! Its gonna be a big relief for them allright!!
Old April 4th, 2004, 08:33 PM   #5
dubai_dude

Ofcoarse they will have wild animals free there
and free animals need mountains, valley, forest etc
they will have six habitat zones which is special about this zoo
Sub-Saharan Africa, Arabian Desert, a Wadi (desert valley), Arabian Coastal Desert, Asian Temperate Forest, and Himalayan Hillside.
they already freed some animals there, so that they can form their own habitat
it will be something like going to an african jungle/safari for some part of it
i wonder if i would be able to take my own car into the zoo safari.

and about the old zoo, what zoo? i was soo tiny that you could be done seeing all the animals in 10 minutes. i heard about the al ain zoo, some animals ran out of there, and formed their habitat on a big mountain. pretty cool to hear that, but how did it survived in the jungle
Old April 5th, 2004, 09:07 AM   #6
Darkknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubai_dude
Ofcoarse they will have wild animals free there
and free animals need mountains, valley, forest etc
they will have six habitat zones which is special about this zoo
Sub-Saharan Africa, Arabian Desert, a Wadi (desert valley), Arabian Coastal Desert, Asian Temperate Forest, and Himalayan Hillside.
they already freed some animals there, so that they can form their own habitat
it will be something like going to an african jungle/safari for some part of it
i wonder if i would be able to take my own car into the zoo safari.

and about the old zoo, what zoo? i was soo tiny that you could be done seeing all the animals in 10 minutes. i heard about the al ain zoo, some animals ran out of there, and formed their habitat on a big mountain. pretty cool to hear that, but how did it survived in the jungle
Yes yes yes yes!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! That was what i was talking about!!!!! The asian temperate forest and the himalayan hillside!!!!! Wow can u imagine that!!!!!! The himalayan hillside in a desert country!!!!!!! Some vet science students are going to dubai this dec to have their work experience there!!!! The last few who went got to stay for a week at the Burj Al Arab. With the zoo i guess more of them will go and conservation will be big!!!!!!
Old April 6th, 2004, 03:23 PM   #7
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

Likes (Received): 40

See the old one
every one knows how bad and hard it is on the animals
this could not happen soon enough and should have been done a long time ago !
Old April 7th, 2004, 02:40 AM   #8
balacobaco

impressive

www.estacaometropole.bravehost.com
ou
www.estacametropole.r8.org
balacobaco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2004, 03:29 AM   #9
dubai_dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trances
See the old one
every one knows how bad and hard it is on the animals
this could not happen soon enough and should have been done a long time ago !
I agree with him, infact they are too late to transfer, they should have done this years before. As soon as you entered the old one, you knew it was over crowded both by people and animals. i am wonderings as to why dubai government planned the new zoo so late, afterall this is one major part of the tourism industry. if its the best in the region as it claims, it should attract numbers of tourists.

The new zoo will be in a newly developed area, near the mushriff park which is quite far away from city center. Would people even go so far to visit it?

Darkknight, are they comming specially on this project or something else. I did'nt know students from other country started comming in dubai, are they somming on a specific project? or just visiting? stayed at burj al arab for a week, i wonder how much their bills have been? did'nt they go bankcrupt
Old April 7th, 2004, 08:57 AM   #10
Darkknight

Quote:
I agree with him, infact they are too late to transfer, they should have done this years before. As soon as you entered the old one, you knew it was over crowded both by people and animals. i am wonderings as to why dubai government planned the new zoo so late, afterall this is one major part of the tourism industry. if its the best in the region as it claims, it should attract numbers of tourists.

The new zoo will be in a newly developed area, near the mushriff park which is quite far away from city center. Would people even go so far to visit it?

Darkknight, are they comming specially on this project or something else. I did'nt know students from other country started comming in dubai, are they somming on a specific project? or just visiting? stayed at burj al arab for a week, i wonder how much their bills have been? did'nt they go bankcrupt
No, not just visiting. The vet science studenst are required to do 4 weeks of work experience. The students can go where ever they want in the world to do that. Many go to peru, USA, doi it in Oz itself, india and there are some who are taken by some one who manages the Sheikhs Stables here in melbourne to dubai. They work for 2 weeks at the stables and then work at the Avian research center which houses the falcon hospital. As something complementary they were given a weeks stay at the Burj. More melb uni students are planning to go there and i know many of them are interested even more becos i showed them the plans for the zoo. Melb uni is the best in the world for vet science and they sure are interested in UAE!!!!
Old April 12th, 2004, 12:33 AM   #11
dubai_dude

i guess you're doing a great job in teaching people about uae over there.
Burj al arab must be a huge attraction, only for now!
where are you going? i think i dont even need to ask that

i am thinking since kangaroos also live in a desert type environment in australia, would'nt it be a good idea to bring some from australia and release them in desert here. it would be nice to look at different type of animals in the desert
Old April 12th, 2004, 02:55 AM   #12
BulldozerGirl

Likes (Received):

The plans for this zoo have been talked about for a long time, but they were delayed several times.

I recall about 7 years ago, my uncle recruited me and other kids to help them switch between the old Windowd and WIndows 95 in all the computers in Dubai Municipality. I saw a lot of things in their offices after work-time, including plans for the new Dubai zoo. I also accidentally deleted a file containing plans fo a new palace for Sultan Qaboos of Oman
Old April 12th, 2004, 10:17 PM   #13
dubai_dude

wow...bullgirl has sources
so you were also spying on the plans, while swithing computers
any thing special about the plan in there? What else did you see in there?
they have been a little lazy for the zoo planing, as this should have been done much earlier.
But there's a reward for waiting a while, A World Class Zoo!

since your uncle works in the municipality, he might know something special about the projects going on or the planned project that you can ask him about.
then we can get the inside news of the stories! :dooby:

Did sultan Qaboos you? atleast thanks god you did'nt delete plans for SZR or Emirates Tower! or else....
Old April 12th, 2004, 10:30 PM   #14
Fiorentina

Likes (Received):

Why don't they bring back Jurrasic Park, they seem to have the money!!
Old April 13th, 2004, 01:05 AM   #15
Darkknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentina
Why don't they bring back Jurrasic Park, they seem to have the money!!
They have a whole dinosaur and jurassic world ( A whole park just with life like and life size dinosaurs) coming up in Dubailand!!!! Wont be long buddy!!!!
Old April 13th, 2004, 01:07 AM   #16
Darkknight

Quote:
i guess you're doing a great job in teaching people about uae over there.
Burj al arab must be a huge attraction, only for now!
where are you going? i think i dont even need to ask that

i am thinking since kangaroos also live in a desert type environment in australia, would'nt it be a good idea to bring some from australia and release them in desert here. it would be nice to look at different type of animals in the desert
Hehe that would be a great idea!!!!! But aussies are verymuch into conservation!!!! And they have very strict rules on taking animals outside Oz. I guess they will havesomething like that since it is a massive zoo!!!!
Old April 13th, 2004, 08:03 PM   #17
arnab77

Likes (Received):

nice, as usual we expect good stuff from the city planners in dubai. will miss the old zoo @ beach road, somehow it would be missed if its torn down. its been there, still is, since i was born....
Old April 14th, 2004, 07:41 AM   #18
Darkknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnab77
nice, as usual we expect good stuff from the city planners in dubai. will miss the old zoo @ beach road, somehow it would be missed if its torn down. its been there, still is, since i was born....
would never miss that old zoo!!!! Im sure the animals wont too!!!!! That was one hell of a nightmare for them!!!!! I wonder how they lived there all this while!!!
Old April 14th, 2004, 07:52 AM   #19
dubai_dude

At the time it was built, it was outside the city!
look at it now, it in the city now
amazing dubai, building soo fast
well, memories will still stay with the zoo
i hope they make a park in the old zoo, so that memories stay with it.
let the good bird free there and people will come there and feed the birds. basically make it into a mini natural zone with different kind of bird and small animals, offcoarse not the dangerous ones. But then there's safa park for that reason!
Old April 14th, 2004, 07:53 AM   #20
Darkknight

Ive never been to Safa park!!! My friends have been there!!! How isit??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement