SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
The future site for the University of Reykjavik:

Henning Larsen Architects and Arkís Architects in Iceland are now in the process of designing a new site for the University of Reykjavik. These are the first pictures revealed of the project.

·
Right Here, Right Now
2,652 Posts
Reykjavik seems to have much going on, nice :) I like the idea of placing the airport out in the bay, but I guess it isn't too popular among the nimbys (ugh, are they positive to anything AT ALL?). Go Iceland!

·
Disléxico Territorial
321 Posts
^^ :drool:

I liked very much the proposals for the kopavogur seaside, it is a very nice area. About the university I like the proposal, but it's location is so close to the airport... about moving it out into the water... well reykjaivik is not yokohama, I think there's plenty enough land to build it anywhere else, but I like the idea of leaving this land free for new projects like the ones being built.

Will the Thyrping proposal be carried out? It reminds me of the Blocks in the Lake Huizen, in the netherlands, this can be beautiful

Aufran Island!

·
Registered
62 Posts
What do you wanna know?

Its designed by Henning Larsens Tegnestue in Denmark. Construction of phase 1 to start this fall I believe.

·
the mitty
10,020 Posts
as I understood, that is a university complex. it's for how many universities. how many students. which materials will they use. where can I find out more about this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tower district beginning to form in Iceland.

A so called tower district is beginning to form in Kopavogur, whish is situated in the Reykjavik metropolitan area. A 20 storey, 78 meters high, tower is nearing completion and work on a 16 storey tower is under way.

A planning of 30 storey, 115 m high, tower is in the final stages and now a proposal of a tower that could reach up to 40 storeys, 150 m high, is on the way.

Also a 23 storey tower is also in the offing.

Contruction has also begun on a 19 storey tower in Reykjavik in the Höfðatorg area.

Scale picture of the proposed towers, the church used to be the tallest building in Iceland until recently:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Pictures taken last Ocotober at the start of the construction of the Iceland Motopark site:

One question: what will be build - all seen on the rendering, inclusive those kick as buildings, or the rally-road only ?

If that complex of those "nuclear glass plants" is so U/C, than it is real
nice news.

Looking on that, how low percent from multiples actually beautiful projects go U/C in Riga, i even don´t take seriously such fantastic proposals in our region.

But Iceland shows us how it must work: good project came, and won!
Go-go vikings !

P.S. That is one of my favorite projects in scandia :)

21 - 40 of 66 Posts