SkyscraperCity banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
^^Now that is the weirdest thing I've seen on the internet for a while. :uh:

There is no info on the site about who is behind it but I found who is registered for the domain and googled that person. He is apparently studying visual arts in Reykjavík. My guess is that this is some artsy project related to that.

Just to be clear: There is no such thing as an IcelandTrain company and no plans for railways in Iceland any time soon.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I stumbled upon this. It's a idea from a few years back about developing the industrial port area in the town of Akureyri. It's very unlikely that anything like this will ever happen but it is an interesting idea. I provided a screenshot from Google Earth that shows the area from a similar perspective. Today, it is mostly old warehouses and light industry along with plenty of unused space.

·
Silver creations
549 Posts
Diagramms

Helo Icelanders!
I´m working on silhouettes of the N&B city-skylines and i need some help from you up there. I cant find any serious and update data from Reykjavik for the last time. Some of you perhaps have a reseantly update of the new highrises, with heigh in meters and if the building are finnish or still under construction. No need to put som proposed highrise i want only clear construction or UC. Ok? Thanks for your help! :) OF
oh. The thread for the silhouettes are here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1199437

·
Agur eta ohore
6,638 Posts
Expansion of the Edda hotel in Vik, behind the hotel itself (white building):

Not many 400 inhabitant villages can say they have a curtain wall building like that :)

·
12,320 Posts
Striking Easily Assembled Cabins Will become Symbols for Shelter and Safety Along Remote Trekking Paths
https://www.archdaily.com/883206/striking-easily-assembled-cabins-will-become-symbols-for-shelter-and-safety-along-remote-trekking-paths

Stockholm-based architecture firm Utopia Arkitekter has designed Skýli, they are bright blue cabins that are popping up in one of the world's most beautiful landscape. The idea came from a desire to develop a structure which could be easily placed along some of the most famous trekking trails in Iceland. Not only are the lodges striking and beautiful in itself, they can be easily constructed and are built to withstand the harshest weather conditions.

Illustration by MIR

Illustration by MIR

61 - 66 of 66 Posts