SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 408 Posts

·
12,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I enjoy going places at a regular basis, both locally and beyond. Mountain hiking in the mountains of Norway is a favourite. I always bring my camera
and make sure to take many pictures. So in this thread i will post a lot of photos from my journeys and adventures in Norway (glaciers, fjords, caves,
steep mountains, and Norwegian cities) and beyond (Himalaya, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Barcelona, Beijing).

INDEX
Code:
[B]1[/B]| Sulitjelmaisen                           Page 1         [B]11[/B]| Tibet part three: Himalayas and Mt. Everest   Page 6 to 7    [B]21[/B]| 
[B]2[/B]| Ålesund                                  Page 1 to 2    [B]12[/B]| Xi'an                                         Page 8         [B]22[/B]| 
[B]3[/B]| Caves                                    Page 2         [B]13[/B]| Verrafjella mountainhike                      Page 8 to 9    [B]23[/B]| 
[B]4[/B]| Dyrhaugsryggen                           Page 2 to 3    [B]14[/B]| Fireworks in Leksvik                          Page 9         [B]24[/B]| 
[B]5[/B]| Soleibotntindane                         Page 3         [B]15[/B]| Underworld: Exploring a mine                  Page 9         [B]25[/B]| 
[B]6[/B]| Trondheim                                Page 3 to 4    [B]16[/B]| Kattmarka disaster                            Page 9 to 10   [B]26[/B]| 
[B]7[/B]| Trollheimen                              Page 4         [B]17[/B]| Kattmarka disaster, four months later         Page 10        [B]27[/B]| 
[B]8[/B]| Stalagmites                              Page 4         [B]18[/B]| Molde                                         Page 10        [B]28[/B]| 
[B]9[/B]| Tibet part one: Lhasa                    Page 4 to 5    [B]19[/B]| Beijing                                       Page 11 to 13  [B]29[/B]| 
[B]10[/B]| Tibet part two: Tibetan countryside     Page 5 to 6    [B]20[/B]| Beijing in high resolution                    Page 13        [B]30[/B]|
1| Sulitjelmaisen
I will begin with a short trip i made last summer to the Sulitjelmaisen glacier in Northern Norway, not far from the city of Bodø.

(Red dots = where the pictures was taken from)

·
12,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'll have to tell us how to pronounce your username first :D
Now that is a hard one! I have a major problem pronouncing it myself! Old Norwegian haven't been spoken since the medieval ages, but its somewhat similar to Icelandic. I guess you have heard about the volcano Eyjafjallajökull? That is pronounced ɛɪjaˌfjatlaˌjœkʏtl... If that didn't help, you can listen to the pronouncation here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyjafjallajökull

I can't find any pronouncation to listen to of my own username, and i don't even try to explain it, so to make it easy, you can call me Trønderheimer (thats the translation to modern language)!

·
world citizen
1,527 Posts
^^ I understood everything ahahaha...Nordic languages are damn difficult for me.

BTW nice pics, Norway has some amazing ladscapes. Looking forward for more pics ;)

·
12,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^ ill try not to, but the most awesome pictures are usually taken closest to danger! ;)

An example... (from Hårstadnebba, 1550m to the bottom)

·
12,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1| Sulitjelmaisen
Closeups of the cracks in the steepest part of the glacier. This is a place you should pay attention around you as icefalls occur all the time. Its also
fatal to fall or slide down into some of these.

·
12,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
2| Ålesund
Next is the city of Ålesund. A coastal city south of Trondheim known for its Art Nouveau architecture. City population is 42 000.

(Red dots = where the pictures was taken from)

1 - 20 of 408 Posts