SkyscraperCity banner

61 - 80 of 751 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
İ am looking forward to hearing about upcoming news cause i am a flight attendant, i really wonder which flights we will operate at the new airport, Atatürk is so close to my home, our operation department will have to work harder and harder in the future

·
28,090 Posts
Yıldırm told reporters that contractors will be bidding on a 25-year build-and-operate contract for the airport, with firms competing on design, development costs and the price of annual rent they are willing to pay the State Airports Authority (DHMI)

???
So design is still unclear?

·
Banned
10,088 Posts
Eger havalimani 2012'den önce biterse TAV'a tazminat ödenecek yaziyor. Bu ne demek? 2021'e kadar acilmazsa sasmam. Bin tane sorun cikacak adam gibi hazirlik yapmadiklari icin.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
As far as I know Bejing is planning a new super-airport handling 200 million passengers! So not quite the biggest for Istanbul really - but still a great project obviously.

·
Registered
50,639 Posts
Good news. :cheers:

I found this video (low quality) about the project.

Istanbul New Airport Project - Yeni Havalimanı Projesi

·
Registered
117 Posts
Cool Video.

Thanks for the post. Massive airport. Curious to me that they only have one runway on each side of the terminal complex (even with another one on the other side of the cargo area), you'd think they would have two runways on each side of the passenger terminals given the enormous size and number of parking gates.

·
GTR66
1,310 Posts
I see at least six runways. There are five parallel runways and a one going the other way at the very top. Look at it 21 seconds and you will see the layout for the six runways. Neat video. Hopefully it will get built soon. Would fly through that instead of the mess in dubai.

·
28,090 Posts

1st phase: 70,00,000 PAX
-2 parallel runways + 1 cross runway
-distance between both parallel runways will be 2,300m
-Terminal: 1,000,000 m²
-car parks: 25,140
-~2019

2nd phase: 90,000,000 (+20,000,000)
-~2021
-3rd parallel runway
-new terminal with a capacity of 20,000,000
-underground connection between both terminals

3rd phase: 120,000,000 (+30,000,000)
-~2023
-new terminal with a capacity of 30,000,000
-4th parallel runway

4thh phase: 150,0000,000 (+30,000,000)
-~ 2025
-new terminal with a capacity of 30,000,000
-5th parallel runway

BTW guys are there any important criteria for the location of the airport?

The city prefered the Silivri region (soth of Istanbul. Marmara Sea).
But the Architects etc prefered the northern part / black sea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear All,

This will be my first post here- so hello to everybody.

I am follwing the developments regarding the beautiful city of Istanbul very close so I am very happy that they are investing in such a project.

I hope that Istanbul will use this investment and position this airport as bridge between Europe, Asia and Africa. Therefore I sincerely hope that they will work out a masterplan and experienced companies such us NACO, Aeroport de Paris etc. will work together with Turkish companies like TAV in order to realize this airport. And my dream would be that architects like Foster or Hadid will design this hub.

So regarding the airport.

According to Turkish press, Stage 1 will be as follows:

- One main terminal with 680,000 sqm
- One additional terminal/ satelite building with 170,000 qm - the total capacity of both terminals will be 90 mln passengers per year
- 88 passanger gates
- Car park for 12,000 cars
- three independent runways, beeing able to handle widebody aircrafts like a380 or 777 + 8 taxi ways;
- 3.1 mln sqm apron

This first stage shall be completed until 2017.

Stage 2 until 2019:
- additional terminal
- additional runway + 2 taxiways + additional taxiways for existing runways
- 1 mln sqm apron

Stage 3 until 2021:
- additional terminal
- 1.3 mln sqm apron

Stage 4 until 2023:
- additional terminal
- 0.9 mln sqm apron

Facts about the final airport:
- 1.5 mln sqm closed area
- capacity of 150 mln passangers per year
- 6 runways (4 being vertical two the sea, 2 beeing parallel) all beeing able two handly all kind of aircraft
- 16 taxiways
- 165 gates
- one air trafic control tower and 8 additional control tower
- rail transportation between the terminals
- 3 techninal bloks
- parking space for 500 aircraft with apron of 6.5 mln sqm
- parking lots for 70,000 cars
- additional facilities for hospital, hotels, fire brigade, church/ mosque, congress center, waste recycling and water treatment

http://ekonomi.haberturk.com/airport/haber/790467-3uncu-havalimani-kaca-mal-olacak

http://ekonomi.milliyet.com.tr/-7-milyar-euro-luk-dev-icin-kapisma-3-mayis-ta/ekonomi/ekonomidetay/24.01.2013/1659588/default.htm

·
Registered
2 Posts
No, an area of 77 mln sqm is exactly specified between Akpinar and Yeniköy at the North Coast of the european side. The area is located on former mining plants and for the tender the interested companies will receive all necessary information such as the plans of the municipality how to connect the area with the transport system. The winner of the tender shall be unveiled on May 03, 2013.

In the bidding documents of Istanbul for the Olympic Games 2020 they unveiled the plan that there will be at least:
- an extension of the Marmaray System to the new airport and to the other airports
- an High-Speed-Railway-Station
- a Metro-Station.

It will be possible to reach Taksim Square within 15 min.

·
28,090 Posts
The 3rd airport

·
28,090 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,042 Posts
^^ Those airport renderings look truly impressive. Can I get that image (and I will credit it here) so that I can use it as a case study for another thread I have? I mean, Manila is supposedly going to have a brand new airport, but too many delays persist in the Philippine government due to inefficiencies in the bureaucracy, as well as issues of corruption among officials, and I want to use your image there for me and my fellow forum users to examine what a long-term plan looks like for the new airport in Manila.

Reactions: bozenBDJ
61 - 80 of 751 Posts