·
Premium Member
16,247 Posts
Can't see the picture.

·
Strange User
19,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The construction of the new International Terminal and car park which was started on 17 February 1998 was completed in only 22 ½ months, thus becoming the world's fastest constructed terminal building.

The new building which is 4 times bigger than the old international terminal, is one of Turkey's 3 largest buildings with its 189 thousand square meters of terminal space and 179 thousand square meter car park. This car park, which can accommodate 7076 vehicles, is Turkey's and Europe's largest single space car park.

The Ataturk Airport International Terminal is one of the few airports of the world that operates on the basis of a common database. The automation system set up in the new International Terminal enables the use of an "Total Airport Management System" within the airport.

The CUTE (Common Used Terminal Equipment) system, which allows all firms to use all the terminals in the check-in area, makes it possible for staff to make ticket controls at any counter thus preventing queuing.
The said automation system is being used in sixth generation airports such as Hong Kong's Chek Lap Kok, Kuala Lumpur of Malesia and London's Heathrow which are considered among the most developed airports of the world

·
Strength and Honour
2,324 Posts
Stunning

·
Registered
333 Posts
well, what I noticed about this airport is that since the gates in the terminals are all side by side there are different times where its really crowded and sometimes there will be only about 100-200 people

it depends on the arrivals of planes

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
ZOHAR said:
i was in Ataturk airoport it's very big and beautiful airport. but he is very empty,no?
Zohar, unlike Ben Gurion Airport, they don't take swipes out of undies when checking in to flights :lol:
I arrived 2 hours before my flight to London from Ben Gurion and they did not let me take my flight because I was late :bash:

Depends on time of the year 2 hour is enough for departures where as 4 hours for Ben Gurion if you are lucky or Israeli :lol:

·
Banned
14,132 Posts
because u know about suicide bombs and
israel under threat!!!israel checks every passengers...

we have now new airoport NATBAG 2000!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Yep I know and I understand, safety first. I was shocked when they didn't let me to check in even though there were still 2 hours to departure. Didn't bother me though got a flight for next morning :cheers:
Went to Sinai from Taba border and on return took 4 hours to get back in :hahaha:

·
Registered
60 Posts
How old is this airport (in total - incl before the new terminal & renovation)?

It looks very modern, clean and well organized, that might be the reason why the airport never looks ( or is ) crowded, leading to less waiting and check-in hours I suppose :)

What's the capacity of this airport (passengers/year)?

I can't wait to come to Istanbul this summer :) I am really excited.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
There are two international airports in Istanbul. One is on the european and the other is on the asian part of Istanbul. Ataturk Airport is one of the most modern airports of Europe.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts