SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Comparing to 13 years ago when I left Istanbul and metro-tramlines were not open yet (Aksaray-Esenler line was about to open) Istanbul did good in the last decade. Now think for a moment 10 years ahead when most of projects in work will be completed, all I can say is it will be wooooooooooooooooow. :eek2:

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
i found some pics of the turkish made tram RTE2000 ;)

and the next version RTE2005

the new Metro-Tunnel cars(Taksim-Kabatas):

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
public transportation is good but still not enough we need more metro lines, after marmararay project(u/c) it will be perfect i think. because we have still thousands of buses:bash: and dont forget minibuses and dolmushes too.

·
9,190 Posts
Urban Girl said:
public transportation is good but still not enough we need more metro lines, after marmararay project(u/c) it will be perfect i think. because we have still thousands of buses:bash: and dont forget minibuses and dolmushes too.
I think same in Ankara too.If Cayyolu Metro is completed they can take off the old buses.

·
9,190 Posts
I just read that they still think about 3rd Bridge because of increasing traffic.(CNNTurk)

Çalışma grubu, üçüncü köprü için yerleşim yerlerine yakınlığını nedeniyle Arnavutköy-Vaniköy güzergahını öneriyor. Grubun projesine göre, çevreyolu boğaza yakın yerleşim yerlerinde tünellerden geçecek ve uzunluğu 62 kilometre olacak. Köprünün üstünden karayoluyla birlikte, hafif yaylı sistem de geçmesi öneriliyor. Böylece Marmaray'ın kuzey yönünden tamamlayıcı bir unsuru olması öngörülüyor.

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
Cool I didn't know anything about RTE2005,it's a new version!I think it's low-floor tram.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
yes messiah the RTE2005 is the newest development of the turkish tram!
The first prototyp will be completed on january 2006!

many lines are under construction!

·
Internauta viajante
787 Posts
The Istanbul buses are quite colorful, aren't they? What is the most efficient means of transportation over there, after all? In Rio the only 2 metro lines are short, but I consider it the best. The authorities here have always said that the metro lines will be stretched out, but all that will keep on paper for a while.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts