SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Up in the hills at about 9 km east of Selçuk amid grapevines and orchards sits the old Greek town Şirince. During the exchange of populations in 1924 after the Greek-Turkish War, the original Greek inhabitants left and the present villagers moved here from the vicinity of Selanik (Thessaloniki). Sirince offers you fresh air, old Greek houses and an atmosphere of repose and relaxation. Unfortunately in recent years tour buses have it included in their circuit with the result that much of its authenticity has been replaced by souvenir shops.​

Şirince is a magnificent small mountain village "lost" but a short distance from the coast. Everything from olive trees and goats to the marketplace reminds you of the typical Turkish atmosphere. Except the village was actually of Greek orthodox influence until 1924 when its inhabitants were swapped with Turkish newcomers as part of a population exchange.​

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Şirince is a very beautiful authentic village..
it's close to the Mother Mary's house, Ephesus and Kuşadası
it is famous for its delicious wine

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sirince is becoming realy realy bad.

It became too much touristic. Now there is some discotec, so at the night you can hear those musics. There is plenty of touristics shops...

Not realy like an old greek city as well, because of all of that.

By the way I go to Sirince every year and I stay somedays overthere, so I know how it is.

·
Strength and Honour
2,324 Posts
such a sweet place :eek:kay:

·
re re re ra ra ra
4,745 Posts
what a charming little town!

·
Registered
10,232 Posts
One of my friends was recently in Sirince and take some pics. (thanks dear)
This beautiful village is now famous for its wines, oils, jams... and welcomes tourists very cordially.

·
Registered
184 Posts
^^ altımızdakilerin ataları yapmışlar ama şimdi selanikten gelen türkler oturuyor ve şirince kültürünü çok güzel şekilde yaşatıyorlar. Göç selanikten değilde doğudan olsaydı Şirince nasıl bir yer olurdu acaba..

İlginç birşey anlatayım bu yerin gerçek ismi çirkinceymiş. Çirkince'yi ziyaret eden bir İzmir valisi burayı çok beğenince ismini Şirince olarak değiştirmiş :)

·
Registered
10,232 Posts
İlginç birşey anlatayım bu yerin gerçek ismi çirkinceymiş. Çirkince'yi ziyaret eden bir İzmir valisi burayı çok beğenince ismini Şirince olarak değiştirmiş :)
oy o yüzden adam sarap evine cirkince koymus
bende ne isdir diye düsünüyorum

·
Registered
382 Posts
Walla en kısa zamanda gitmek istiorm şarapları için özellikle herkese de tawsie ediorm dünyanın en tatlı içkileri diebilirim tattıklarım arasında....

1 - 20 of 52 Posts