·
Registered
5,038 Posts
gm2263, username unnecessary, systema magicum

great guys all-around

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I never had the sense that greek forum is severely (!!!) unmoderated. After the hard period during Konstantinoupolis moderation, greek forum is much more productive, talking about real problems-projects etc. I have never realized any serious flame wars and there is much more freedom than before.

Especially for my city forum (Thessaloniki) I would say that despite the severe greek crisis it is by far better and more active than 6-7 years ago. I would be really happy things to stay as it is.

So I vote for Kostya to remain as a moderator and if we need additional ones, I would vote White magic for Cypriot forum and gm2263 for greek forum as he is the oldest member and a nice guy. Alternative option, I give my full support to username unnecessary.

·
Thessaloniki Re-urban
2,471 Posts
I propose username unnecessary, systema magicum and mitasis

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
12,957 Posts
First of all, thank you all for nominating me as a candidate. It is my honour although if you noticed, my contributions to this forum lately have dropped to an all-time low due to personal reasons.

In this regard, I am sorry but I must decline this honorable nomination. Right now I am in no position to moderate posts, confront people and otherwise get into the hassle of all this. If you noticed, I wasn't participating on a daily basis recently and chances are that if I set my mind properly, there are certain prospective things which may also involve exciting developments the issue of skyscrapers in Greece as well as even bigger exposure of this forum to the rest of the world. Right now though, I have personal matters to settle and my performance as a mod would be at least erratic, if not to say below standards.

I am sorry for this but rest assured, I will contribute more in the future, provided that some things that I have in mind get into the right track.

In the meantime, I would propose for anybody who is between 25 to 35 or up to 40 provided that s/he is young at heart. In my view this age bracket combines maturity with innovative spirit.

The person must love his/her country, yet still be internationally oriented, be patient, not have any obsessions on certain things and enjoy a good acceptance from the rest of the public here, as well as not have strong social or political beliefs as this always indulges a strong reference point in the discussions with him or her and gives rise to controversy.

I believe that young age is a prerequisite though as this is where innovation will come from.

With all this in mind, again, a million thanks for recommending me as your moderator. I promise you new... heights of pleasure :) once I get back on track.

PS: On second thought: Username Unnecessary is a good person, with progressive ideas yet moderate temper and a good communicator. A good choice overall. ;)

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
Given that Kostya remains a mod, I find that prisma, username unnecesary, skylineearth would be good mods. They contribute to the forum subjects, never troll, flame, or get into unecessary quarrels. First in mind came gm2263, but he says he is not into it, so...

I always felt that HAA was a free place, with little mod intervention (adding to its freedom, without problems caused), and I never felt it was unmoderated, so saying it was severely unmoderated seems to be too much. I hope this free climate remains.

·
Super Moderator
Grad Oblakodera
38,288 Posts
I always felt that HAA was a free place, with little mod intervention (adding to its freedom, without problems caused), and I never felt it was unmoderated, so saying it was severely unmoderated seems to be too much. I hope this free climate remains.
Not talking about such problems. I am talking about spam removal and forum organization. We were attacked left and right by ayanamikun the other day for leaving the forum unmoderated for several years.

·
Super Moderator
Grad Oblakodera
38,288 Posts
Kostya today informed me that he made the decision regarding his mod position. He decided to resign. I thanked him for his service and I am sure he will keep posting. Anyway this means that we might choose 2 mods, we'll see.

·
Simple User
2,448 Posts
Kostya today informed me that he made the decision regarding his mod position. He decided to resign. I thanked him for his service and I am sure he will keep posting. Anyway this means that we might choose 2 mods, we'll see.
ok, considering this I will propose personally a member: username unnecessary, although we're not sure if he agrees yet.

·
█ ▇ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▄ &#
1,113 Posts
Since gm2263 doesn't want to become a mod, I'd say:

(GR)-username unnecessary / mitasis / prisma
(CY)-WhiteMagick

·
286,955 Posts
As from this moment Kostya resigned from his moderation duties on Greek Architecture Agora, i will take his place.

Also i believe we need 2 moderators in Greek Architecture Agora so except me, also i nominate:
ovem, username unnecessary or prisma

·
Κορωνο-πρόσφυγας
14,037 Posts
Thank you guys for the nominations. The feelings are mutual. That's why I enjoy participating in HAA.

Though, I do not understand why an election had to be held without asking the members of the forum first.

If we go on with the election then gm2263 would seem as a fit choice due to his seniority, experience and knowledge. If gm does not feel like taking on the job, then having in mind that the mod should have apart from the attributes already mentioned (most members do have them) should also have a daily or almost daily presence, prisma - notiskas - ovem seem like reasonable choices.

Kostya has been a great mod and I hope he remains with the new mod.

·
Super Moderator
Grad Oblakodera
38,288 Posts
Yeah christos-greece agreed to help us out as Kostya decided to resign, until we elect new mods. Thanks :cheers:

Of course he can remain a mod after that if you are all OK with it.

·
Super Moderator
Grad Oblakodera
38,288 Posts
Though, I do not understand why an election had to be held without asking the members of the forum first.
I am not sure I understand? The whole reason for organizing elections is asking the members of the forum first (as opposed to picking a new mod by ourselves).

·
head up funny boy
1,951 Posts
I think it would be fair for everyone who wants to be a moderator to express this wish and then with the help of a survey - poll - to elect the new moderator.

A procedure like the one that is on now is not very objective

Reactions: dromeas

·
Registered
682 Posts
I agree with savas. The way to do it is by knowing who's standing for elections first. It would be rather counterproductive to vote for somebody just to realise they are not really interested in the post....

221 - 240 of 268 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.