Διαλέξτε υποψήφιο:

Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 268 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Grad Oblakodera
38,288 Posts
Well not scheduled but the forum is big enough to need a new mod. Remember that we never elected a replacement for SouthernEuropean after he resigned, and now Kostya resigned too, so we had to.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Let me say for myself, because I saw some guys have nominated me (I really appreciate your approval guys, thank you really!).

I can't guarantee that I can be a good mod, since some times I get lost and do not have the intention to be. So.. I wouldn't wish to be a candidate.

Since kostya and gm are out of this, I will support my next choice username unnecessary and as an alternative if he doesn't want, I nominate skylinearth.

·
Κορωνο-πρόσφυγας
14,039 Posts
Thanks guys, but I am also concerned, because sometimes I also drift away for some period of time. Apart form that I am not sure how time consuming mod duties will be. Also, a greek mod should check the cypriot sub-forum which I don't follow at all, unless Whitemagick is placed as a seperate mod.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Whitemagic would be really ideal for cypriot forum, of course he could also help in greek part, as he is a common member in symposium.

·
Super Moderator
Grad Oblakodera
38,288 Posts
I agree with savas. The way to do it is by knowing who's standing for elections first. It would be rather counterproductive to vote for somebody just to realise they are not really interested in the post....
That is why you have three votes. Meanwhile I understand your point but from my experience, organizing mod elections by asking users who are willing to campaign never worked. Best candidates are modest and don't send their application, while we get campaigns from users who absolutely can't become mods. In this particular election, I received one application via PM, but this user had only 4 posts this year. So please vote and we'll see what happens :)

·
Banned
5,826 Posts
Since OVEM is not interested, I propose for username unnecessary, KONSTANTINOUPOLIS and Skylinearth. I hope Christos-Greece will be a moderator too.

·
26,047 Posts
Thank you all for the nominations. I am willing to help even if it just for the Cypriot forum.

My nominations in no specific order:

christos-greece
username unneccessary
skylinearth

·
head up funny boy
1,951 Posts
I still can not understand the efficiency of this procedure. We propose and then, as we see, most of the guys don't want to have this responsibility. This procedure is far away of any democratic act. So once again. I propose that anyone who wants to be a moderator should express this interest. This way anyone will have the possibility to be elected.

One more thing that is extremely important: the neutral character of a moderator. I don't appreciate a moderator who acts and judges by his own beliefs and morals. A moderator should be objective and not influenced by religion or ethnical ideals.

·
head up funny boy
1,951 Posts
Well this is quite a strange democratic approach. It is like me announcing that my neighbor is running for prime minister without asking him. Modest persons may never get the chance to be the best candidate because no one suggested them.

A modest person is not a shy person. And a shy moderator is not a good one.

·
Super Moderator
Grad Oblakodera
38,288 Posts
OK savas note taken. We've weighed the two options, pros and cons and this prevailed. It would be little use from a moderator who is not shy but who posted 4 times this year. Usually mods are not even elected as SSC is not a democracy but we respect the Greek forum tradition. There is no perfect solution so let's not beat ourselves up about it.

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Maybe people who would like to mod (I'm not one of them), should say so and then we could vote.

Anyways if I have to choose I think Username Unnecessary, Prisma and WhiteMagick are nice and good people.

241 - 260 of 268 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.