SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 454 Posts

·
Μπιουτιφ&#
575 Posts
3 Houses in Koroni/Messinia with Patio

Howdy people,

New project of mine. Short description:

The houses reside on a steep slope granting views to the sea and the mountainous Mani peninsula. The decision was made to conceive each house as a single volume that rests on a meandering wall which divides the terrain into the three individual properties. Under this volume, and between this meandering natural stone wall, a space is formed which offers protection against sun and rain and which houses the livingroom and kitchen. At the back of the house, a patio is formed which gives shelter from the wind and acts as the main entrance to the house. The volume that rests on the stone wall houses the bedrooms.

Check www.jorisbraat.nl for further info. The project is in the fase of being considered by the municipality. Hope you guys like it!

·
♫♫♫ ♫♫ ♫
870 Posts
Very interesting. Very nice work!
If i understand correctly, part of the volume of the building is inside the rock?

·
Μπιουτιφ&#
575 Posts
Thats right. The natural stone wall (40cm solid, no fake stuff) continous into the livingroom and into the patio. The aluminium profiles of the windows will be sunk into the floor and into this wall. Therefor it will not be clear where the outside space ends and the inside space begins. You come with your car from above and go a staircase of 1.8m down into the patio to enter your house, a sort of open air hallway with an abstract olive tree placed in the middle. All houses are oriented towards the sea, no windows at the back, so everybody has max privacy.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Minimal and clean. Nice contrast between the linear forms of the project and the organic forms of the hill. The patio reminds Alberto Campo Beaza. You can add a stylistic touch by treating the white “frames” the same way you have done with the apartments in Alexandroupolis. You can also use wood slabs (bright teck) for the balcony pavement.

Cheers

·
Μπιουτιφ&#
575 Posts
Olsib! I have three books of Baeza in my library. I think he's great and perfectly suited for these types of scenarios in the mediterranean.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i207/modernlover62/ALBUM 2/ALBUM 3/2-56.jpg

The frames I believe are in itself already stylistic. The upper part is 1.00m high, the sides are 80cm. Not your usual wall and floor.

Your comments make me think you are either an architect, or at least have studied it in the past. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Μπιουτιφ&#
575 Posts
Here are some new initial 3d renders intended for sales purposes.

Hope some of you like it. :)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Nice renderings gorgos. Maxwell or vray?

PS: Just use photos instead of 3d models for the trees. Too much polygons.

·
Μπιουτιφ&#
575 Posts
Nice renderings gorgos. Maxwell or vray?

PS: Just use photos instead of 3d models for the trees. Too much polygons.
Hey Olsib!

Believe it or not, just plain old Autocad (2009). Ever since Autodesk acquired Maya their 3d has become a lot better.

Here are some new ones, they are the definitive version (new entrance to the patio). Also some interiors. Mind you, if it was me that would live in those houses, the interiors would be a bit less dressed.

Its true those trees were really difficult to render.

Im happy (and relieved!) both houses were sold within a month :cheers:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Very good renderer for Autocad. I use it for modeling but have always ignored the renderer. I use an external one.

The external architecture is perfect. The interiors seem to be the result of the compromise with the pop taste of the typical client, but of course the most important gole is to sell the "product" ;-)

So... compliments!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Former rocket launch site Koroni

According http://www.astronautix.com/sites/koroni.htm between 1966 and 1989 371 rockets were lauched from Koroni for atmospheric research, most of them from Russian type M-100. Why were the launches stopped in 1989? What is now on the site of the former launchpad? Has someone pictures of the launches and further information?

·
♫♫♫ ♫♫ ♫
870 Posts
There was a military installation near Koroni, but i don't know if the launches took place there or not. It was abandoned in 2003. I think the mayor wants to turn it to a park. Hellenic National Meteorological Service is a National Service under the subordination of MoD and the auspices of the Hellenic Air Force General Staff , so it is not surprising that a military installation was used for these launches.

·
Banned
2,158 Posts
Appartments in Tripoli

I was browsing for some construction companies in Greece and their projects, and came across this. Thought I'd post it as we don't get much on Peloponnesos. It's an appartment block development by Boulougaris.

Here are some details of the floor plans.

Code:
FLOOR  	          SIZE  	               TYPE
G Floor 	1 x 38sq.m                  	Studio
G Floor 	1 x 44sq.m 	                       1 Bedroom
1st Floor 	1 x 38sq.m 	                    >>> SOLD <<<
1st Floor 	1 x 44sq.m 	                       1 Bedroom
1st Floor 	1 x 50sq.m 	                       1 Bedroom
1st Floor 	1 x 54sq.m 	                       1 Bedroom
2nd Floor 	1 x 50sq.m 	                       1 Bedroom
2nd Floor 	1 x 54sq.m 	                       1 Bedroom
2nd Floor 	1 x 38sq.m 	                    >>> SOLD <<<
2nd Floor 	1 x 44sq.m 	                    >>> SOLD <<<
3rd Floor 		                            >>> SOLD <<<
4th Floor 	1 x 80sq.m 	                    >>> SOLD <<<
4th Floor 	1 x 50sq.m 	                    >>> SOLD <<<
4th Floor 	1 x 54sq.m                      >>> SOLD <<<
5th Floor 	1 x 80sq.m 	                    >>> SOLD <<<
5th Floor 	1 x 50sq.m 	                       1 Bedroom
5th Floor 	1 x 54sq.m                     >>> SOLD <<<

·
Registered
331 Posts
Average, good style for Peloponnese, though. In my opinion it should have been lower (3-4 floors only). I hate it when there is this strange gap between attached buildings, especially in smaller towns.

·
&#924;&#960;&#953;&#959;&#965;&#964;&#953;&#966;&#
575 Posts
It looks like your average low-budget ergolavia without any attempt to innovate.... I dont get it...

1 - 20 of 454 Posts