SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Arpels the small island in the foreground does not belong to Onassis. It is called Madouri and belongs to the family of a well known Greek poet of the 19th century: Aristotle Valaoritis. There is beautiful mansion on the island as you can see. The island behind Madouri is Scorpios. Also the town you see at the front is called Nydri and is part of Lefkada island

I live just a little further away (1.5km) from Scorpios, on the island of Meganisi
Here is a picture that shows the village of Spartohori on Meganisi island overlooking Scorpios

This is Scorpios island. Believe me its not small..the boats should give you an idea of its size

·
Registered
457 Posts
Arpels since Madouri and Skorpios are privately owned you cannot land on then and go exploring. There are many tours from Nydri that circle them and get very close to the shore where you can see some of the structures. I believe you can even swim in one of the beaches of Skorpios. All the action is in Nydri and Lefkada town. Lefkada is known for its great beaches and villages. The majority of the tourists to Lefkada are Italian and German and to a lesser extent British, Swedish and French. If you are into swimmimg,snorkeling,hiking,windsurfing,sailing or simply enjoy viewing topless tanned women :) then Lefkada might hold some interest for you.

Some Lefkada Highlights:

Vasiliki - windsurfing mecca

Egremni - Best beach in Greece in my opinion (Sorry its not Navaggio or Porto Katsiki) Very hard to get to and never crowded

Porto Katsiki - a must see and experience place

Kathisma - my family's favorite place to swim

Pefkoulia - another nice one

and the island's major city: the town of Lefkada

Location of Lefkada relative to the better known islands of Corfu, Zakynthos and Cephallonia

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ The Onassis island is definitely private and off limits, I don't know about the other one though.

I'm going to post (in the nationwide forum) info and pictures of all the private Greek islands that are currently for sale to people like you and I.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I read that the Onassis island is now compeltely abandoned since that bitch Athina now owns it. Can someone confirm this? Check out the article I posted in the thread in the nation wide forum about private Greek islands...

·
Registered
8 Posts
^ The Onassis island is definitely private and off limits, I don't know about the other one though.

I'm going to post (in the nationwide forum) info and pictures of all the private Greek islands that are currently for sale to people like you and I.
All beaches in Greece are public !
Rumour has it that Madonna is interested in purchasing Skorpios from Athina Onassis !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts