SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Banned
5,831 Posts
In regards to archaeological sites, perhaps Lucretius might be able to help you.

He is fan of this topic and of an other of Archaelogy.

I couldn't promise you anything but I reckon you'd better send him a p.m.

One of his posts is in this thread, in this page. Take a look 7-8 posts above.

· Banned
5,831 Posts
Hi there AleksLazarevic.
Kastelorizo does have an airport, but it is connected only with the island of Rhodes. So if you want to fly to Kastelorizo, you have to get to Rhodes first
Hey AleksLazarevic

the dream trip is to get a plane from London, go straight to Rhodes and then pop into one of those ferry boats from Rhodes island to Kastelorizo(aka megisti - 'majesty') island . Of course this kind of trip schedules apply only for a short period during Greek summer and you should check thoroughly in advance.

Frankly it should be the most expensive way but, as far as I am concerned, that's the easiest to get there.

You can find the rest in Username_Unnecessary's post.

Have a nice trip.

· Banned
5,831 Posts
Hi, do you know weather forecast for the end of May/ beginning of June this year for Thassos? I know that in Bulgaria the Summer won't be good for relax, but in Northern Greece... ? Thank you.
Always keep in your luggage a thin jumper because sometimes wheather gets windy and during the evening hours, in conjuction with humidity, you might need it near the coast. Expect a bit different temperatures(lower) in the northern Aegean sea than the ones in the south region.

Generally speaking in regards to June begining, you should be expecting sunny warm weather.

I recommend this website of Hellenic National Meteorological Sevice to be getting daily forecasts for Thasos Island.
http://www.hnms.gr/hnms/english/forecast/forecast_region_html
Save it in your mobile phone browser bookmarks. Don't use the mobile version of this website. Use the desktop version instead.

· Banned
5,831 Posts
I am thinking about holidays in Europe next summer. Please, recommend something interesting in your country for a guy of European origin coming there for one week, up to 10 days. Thx in adv.
If you are interested in Hellenic culture through millennia visit The Hellenic World (Foundation of the Major Hellenism).

Address

Send an email to the foundation ensuring that film productions are available in English. I am almost certain they are. http://www.ime.gr/fhw/index.php?lg=2&state=pages&id=1378

If you like pub night out I recommend this one: https://goo.gl/maps/jrGTe (James Joyce Irish Pub Ltd)
Very close to Thisseio(Thissio) train station. It is a convenient choice as you can combine it with the tourists popular "long footpath walk around the Acropolis hill". Not to far from there is the "Thanasis Kebab"(Monastiraki Sqr) which is iconic shop among the countless businesses of this kind. Please remember that "kebab in Greek slang" is not related to pieces of meat on a skewer. It is a long piece of mince combined mass(Pork, lamb, beef) on a skewer! Boundaries of languages ...

In terms of natural beauty the true treasure of the country is outside the cities. It's in the jungles of the Greek mainland mountains and the many little details along the countless islands coasts(Total length 13.676 km / https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_length_of_coastline ).

· Banned
5,831 Posts
Πάρα πολύ καλό το eternal journey παραπάνω. Τα κείμενα πολύ προσεκτικά γραμμένα και με περιεχόμενο ουσίας.

Πλάνα είναι πανεύκολο να βρεις αφού η περιοχή είναι από τα πιο ακριβά οικόπεδα του πλανήτη και μάλιστα με ανεκτίμητο κλίμα και απίστευτες συνθήκες ειδικά κατά το μισό χρόνο.

Ένα πράγμα με δυσαρέστησε λίγο και είναι η εναλλαγή στις φράσεις όπου γινόταν ένα ίσως και ενάμισι κλικ γρηγορότερα απ ότι θα έπρεπε.
Όντας αρκετά εξοικειωμένος με σκηνές από το σύνολο της ελληνικής επικράτειας, δυστυχώς μέχρι να συνειδητοποιήσω στο background τι εικόνα έβλεπα άλλαζαν στο foreground οι φράσεις και δεν μπορούσα να απολαύσω τις αντιστοιχίσεις μεταξύ λόγου και εικόνας.

Βρήκα ωστόσο τρόπο και το έσωσα για πάντα στο εξωτερικό μου drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.