SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kremenchug is a city with population of 238,000. It's a second largest city in Poltava region, after Poltava itself. A small city by local standards.

The city was founded only 400 years ago, yet it was entirely obliterated during World War II and thus all architecture is post-war.

Bridge across the Dnipro

Propaganda poster on the right "Ukrainian - the best!" :D

Local beach

Local youth

Shevchenko Monument

Entrance to "KRAZ" factory. They produce the most popular Ukrainian trucks. Which are popular in extreme conditions, like middle-east and africa. In fact, peacekeepers in Africa choose them over Mersedes trucks, - at least that's what I've read in one artcle :)

:eek:kay:

·
Старий М
5,285 Posts
Cool. What's the percentage of the Russification in Kremenchug/ Poltava?

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Poltava oblast' in general is a pretty Ukrainian speaking region. Especially since the Independence. Actually the version of Ukrainian that has become the standard, originates in Poltava. There were different dialects of Ukrainian, ranging from west to east and Poltavian is considered the sort of ancestor of modern, standard Ukrainian.

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Meanwhile, I'll post more of the trucks made in Kremenchug. These babies function in any terrain and were chosen as the primary truck for military use in all of Soviet Union.

:rock:

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's nothing architecturally interesting about the city, as I said. I wouldn't had posted pictures of it at all, if it wasn't for Bikes who had lived here in 1989

:eek:kay:

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, maybe Kremenchug being an industrial city is russified. But Poltava in general is considered as such, who knows :) I haven't been to Kremenchug

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
edit: nevermind :) you already answered the question

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How did you end up in Kremenchug in the first place? Did you work with the trucks? Because I can't see a reason for one to go to Kremenchug from a foreign country :)

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now I see, thanks for explaining :) and you're welcome for the post

·
СМЕРТЬ
3,102 Posts
Nice Stas.
I got some pics of Kremenchug also - different ones - but you know what's weired I couldn't find ANY pics of Poltava - got any?

1 - 20 of 202 Posts