SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
THE ONE AND ONLY
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"Macedonian Struggle" - Museum of IMRO and the Victims of Communism under construction in center Skopje, located between the Stone Bridge and Old National Theater. To be completed by 2010. (photos by dewrob)

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Archiecturally, I like Skopje's image as a new city, and I think it's better if they build a modern-looking museum, instead of something so neo-19th-century-Ottoman, but anyway..

What I'd like to know is why were all the comments deleted, including mine, which were in favor of the museum :dunno:

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Archiecturally, I like Skopje's image as a new city, and I think it's better if they build a modern-looking museum, instead of something so neo-19th-century-Ottoman, but anyway..
It actually has elements of Byzanthine, not Ottoman architecture. Don't forget that the Ottomans copied everything from the Byzanthines.:)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
It actually has elements of Byzanthine, not Ottoman architecture. Don't forget that the Ottomans copied everything from the Byzanthines.:)
Quote! ...and not only from them.

I think that the architecture of this new museum is very anachronistic.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
That is more appropriate for the "strugle"!

But seems to be a little bit "I wanna be modern"! And I don't really understand the need for that star on the prospect.

Anyway, better than the actual building.

·
THE ONE AND ONLY
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Although I am also in favor of a museum with modern architecture, I do not like the proposal with the star. I would have strongly supported this proposal instead:

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Although I am also in favor of a museum with modern architecture, I do not like the proposal with the star. I would have strongly supported this proposal instead:

These renderings remind me of the Lloyds of London building and the Pompadour center in Paris.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
^^True! Eventhough are totally two different architectures.

The second proposal is the oposite of the first one. Extrovert vs introvert.

·
Banned
783 Posts
Interesting choice of name.......for a new museum: D

For your information, there is already a " Museum of the Macedonian Struggle" in Thessaloniki, Province of Macedonia, Greece.

This museum was opened in 1981 in a Neoclassical building that was built in the centre of Thessaloniki at the end of the 19th century and designed by Ernst Ziller.

·
Banned
2,233 Posts
Um ok this forum must have deleted my post to NickyF...
Anyway what i said was the government is in some past century phase of old looking buildings, that's why they're re-building the old buildings that got ruined in the earth quake and making this one look old, i like it but i also like the original proposal with the crack in the middle and the star on the side, that would have looked really cool, it looks trendy.

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
I liked the glassy project better as well, however, it's good that a museum is being built at all on this scale :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts