SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 237 Posts

·
Banned
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need a separate thread about this :cheers:

Short info about the project:

The new southern stand was finished long time ago. At the end of the current project it will be throughly renovated and will get a new semi-transparent roof like the rest of the stadium is supposed to get.
The new northern stand is under construction atm. The old northern stand was demolished in January and the deadline for the project is 18 months.
The eastern and the western stands should go under construction immediately after the new northern stand is finished.

The field and the athletic track are not in a good condition right now and they are to be fixed. The stadium will have completely new and expanded athletic facilities, that will allow events of any kind to be hosted.

The infrastructure around the stadium will also be brought up to date. Additionally, a big multilevel parking facility and a new pedestrian bridge over Vardar are to be built as a part of the project to serve the stadium.

In true Macedonian style, we still don't have an precise official information about the exact final capacity, but considering the capacity of the current southern stand, that mysterious number should be in proximity of 35k.

·
Banned
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The demolition in January 2007

Situation at the end of February:

Situation, mid-April

Few days ago:

·
Banned
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weren't they supposed to destroy the building in the back? Or the top floor may be?
Yes, for now it is only the top floor. Only for it the legal situation was clear. The battle continues. There is a trial atm, and it is still unclear what will happen to it. We're all hoping it will be knocked down completely. In the meanwhile it remains an eyesore...

The legal problem is that corrupt officials gave permissions for the building, so the situation is very shady and complicated, and the conspiracy needs to be proved in court in order for the state to take the appropriate measures. ATM two people are serving jail time for breaking the law in connection with it.

If the building is not knocked down completely, it will "uglify" the stadium IMO.

·
Banned
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes they are similar. They were supposed to be like that from the very beginning. But we waited for its construction way too long...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ovo će biti odličan stadion. Zna li tko kad je predviđen završetak gradnje.
Bilo bi lijepo kad bi netko objavio još koju sliku gradilišta da vidimo trenutno stanje.
Postoje li još kakvi renderi ?

·
Banned
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The deadline for the northern stand is 18 months counting from January.

There are some more renderings, but they are even worse :(

New pics from the site should be coming pretty soon though :)

·
Super Moderator
11,283 Posts
I don't know the details, but it looks like they are constructing new housing blocks behind the stadium that seem to me will really squeeze the stadium into a tiny spot

edit: I just read above, and yes, it confirms what I immediately thought when I saw the pictures, it makes no sense how they can build those blocks so close to the stadium. Makes me wonder if they even double checked their permits

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't know the details, but it looks like they are constructing new housing blocks behind the stadium that seem to me will really squeeze the stadium into a tiny spot

edit: I just read above, and yes, it confirms what I immediately thought when I saw the pictures, it makes no sense how they can build those blocks so close to the stadium. Makes me wonder if they even double checked their permits
:lol: As with everything in the balkans theres a long story behind this....
They have the permits but how they got them well thats another story....we discussed this here

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=505003&page=28

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
29,116 Posts
:banana::banana:

·
Registered
189 Posts
The deadline for the northern stand is 18 months counting from January.

There are some more renderings, but they are even worse :(

New pics from the site should be coming pretty soon though :)
Željno iščekujemo nove slike. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 237 Posts