SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Охрид | Ohrid

348939 Views 4612 Replies 36 Participants Last post by  Srdjan Adamovic

Ohrid is a city on the eastern shore of Lake Ohrid in the Republic of Macedonia. It has about 42,000 inhabitants, making it the seventh largest city in the country. The city is the seat of Ohrid Municipality. It is located southwest of Skopje, west of Resen and Bitola, and east of Elbasan and Tirana in Albania.

Ohrid is located in the south-western part of Macedonia, on the banks of Lake Ohrid, at an elevation of 690 meters above sea level.In 1980, Ohrid and Lake Ohrid were accepted as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.

Cultural Heritage
Ohrid has got a big cultural Heritage.Ohrid is notable for having once had 365 churches, one for each day of the year and has been referred to as a "Jerusalem". The city is rich in picturesque houses and monuments, and tourism is predominant.
The Classical Theatre

The first recorded mentions of the existence of the theatre were made at the end of the 19th and beginning of the 20th centuries. The Classical Theatre was built about 2.000 years ago, either in the Late Hellenistic period or shortly after the Roman conquest.

The Ohrid Fortress of Tzar Samuel

The oldest historical records of the Ohrid Fortress are mentioned by the classical historian Livy in the 3rd century B.C. when it was the fortress of the town of Lychnidos.
More detailed description of the fortress was made by the chronicler Malcus (Malala) and dates from 478 A.D. The Ohrid Fortress of Tzar Samuel has been described by a chronicler as a mighty stronghold that even Theodoric, King of the Ostrogoths, was unable to take. The Ohrid Fortress is one of the largest mediaeval fortifications to be preserved in the Republic of Macedonia. With its massive walls and ramparts, it occupies the entire summit of the hill of Ohrid. The hilly pert of the town was protected on all sides save the south, which faces the lake, by towers and high walls three kilometers in length, stretching as far as the harbor. Entrance to the town was gained by three gates, of which only the Upper Gate has been preserved.
The Fortress, in addition to serving the function of defense against enemies, was also an inhabited area and has come to be known as Samuel’s Fortress. Following the epochal archeological excavations done by the archeologist Pasko Kuzman, it is definitely certified that on the terrain of the Samuel Fortress on the hilly part of Ohrid, several decades of centuries are being connected in three periods: Pre-Samuel’s Period, Samuel’s Period and Post-Samuel’s Period of the history of Ohrid.
During the reign of Samuel (976 - 1014), and of his successors up to 1018, Ohrid was the capital of the first Macedonian Midevial state. Both before and after Samuel’s time and of his successors the fortress was destroyed and rebuilt again. After the transformation of Samuel’s state into a political and ecclesiastical seat, Ohrid became a real mediaeval metropolis.

The Early Christian Episcopal Church
In the hilly part of Ohrid, near the site known as Plaosnik (on old Slavic means flatten place on a hill), there is a monumental early Christian church. Its systematic excavation began in 1961 and was completed in 1964. The shrine was built and decorated in the 5th century at a time when the town of Lychnidos was an important Early Christian Episcopal center. Polyconched and built in the form of a trefoil, it was erected on the foundations of an older classical structure. Mosaic compositions with figurative floral and zoomorphic motives have been unearthed in the central part and in the baptistery of this Early Christian church.
Roughly a hundred square meters of this large complex of mosaics have been preserved. The vaulted ceilings of the church were also ornamented with mosaics, and these were on a gold background. The presence of such splendor points to this as being the seat of the Bishopric of Lychnidos.
Systematic excavations have shown that the church was of vast dimensions. Unknown artists decorated it with magnificent mosaics.

St. Kliment's Monastery at Plaosnik
On August 11, 2002 in the vicinity of the early Christian Episcopal basilica at Plaosnik, the newly constructed temple of Ss. Kliment and Panteleimon was sanctified.
the first Slavic Bishop from 893 A.D. and founder of the Macedonian Orthodox Church, were returned back in this temple. It was here that the Ohrid School, a center of Slavonic literary and cultural activity, was situated.
The newly constructed Monastery church Sts. Kliment and Panteleimon, project done by Tanja Paskali Buntasevska - Institute of Conservation and Restoration and Museum - Ohrid.
The archeologist of the Institute of Conservation and Restoration and Museum - Ohrid plan to continue the excavations at Plaoshnik during the 21st century. They consider this complex one of the most significant archeological location in Ohrid and in Macedonia. It is considered one the most sacred location of the Slavic nation. Plaoshnik in Ohrid is an archeological location rich with different periods that can be divided into Kliment’s, Pre-Kliment’s and Post-Kliment’s period.
In the autumn of 1999 the archeologist Vlado Malenko initiated the final excavations on Plaoshnik in Ohrid after the remains of the Imaret mosque had been removed. The objective was to provide conditions for renovation of St. Kliment’s temple.
They had been discovered the baptistery of the five aisle basilica with hooked crosses (swastikas) on the mosaic floors which date from the period between 4th and 6th century. It is assumed that this early Christian basilica at Plaoshnik upon which the Kliment’s monastery was built in the 9th century, was dedicated to St. Paul, the apostle. In Lichnid, present Ohrid the apostle Paul preached the Christianity in the 1st century A.D.

St. Naum's Monastery of the Holy Archangels
St. Naum’s monastery and the Church of the Holy Archangels and St. Kliment’s monastery and the Church of St. Panteleimon in Ohrid were the first Slavonic monuments of ecclesiastical architecture in the Ohrid region. Built in the form of a triple conch, a trefoil shape, St. Num’s church belongs to the style of mediaeval architecture which was in fashion during the period when St. Kliment and Naum were active on the territory of today’s Republic of Macedonia and also further on the Balkans.
Subsequent to his discovery in 1955 of remains of the original church, built in the 9th century, Prof. Dimce Koco was able to throw some light on the mystery of St. Naum’s monastery. The original church was destroyed in the Turkish period. The excavations revealed many interesting new data about the alterations and additions to the church in past centuries. These were found to be of such scope as to have completely changed the original appearance of the monastery.
The excavated remains of the original church, after being conserved, were covered up again, and a new floor was laid over them. The ground plan of the original building was marked in white and black marble, to give visitors an idea of what this monument, one of the first Slav churches looked like. Archaeological investigations have shown that the present church was built in several phases between the 16th and 17th centuries on the foundation of the earlier one. The dome of the narthex was built in he late 18th century, and the last significant reconstruction took place in 1799, when a little chapel was erected above Naum’s tomb.

The Church of St.Sophia
The church is dedicated to St. Sophia, that is, to Christ as divine wisdom. It was built on the foundations of an ancient sacral construction in the time after the great mission of St. Cyril and St. Metodij, when the Macedonian Slavs accepted the Christianity on the Slavic language. The church St. Sophia, most probably served as a cathedral in the time of tsar Samuil, who, by the end of the 10th century, transferred his throne from Prespa to Ohrid.
The external appearance of St. Sophia which was for a long time the - cathedral church of the Archbishopric of Ohrid is in a shape of the - letter, “T” with a two - side steep and transversely joined roof. The church originally had a main cupola, side galleries and a large bell - tower, above the west facade, all of which were later destroyed. The two little domes above the outer narthex as well as the narthex itself and the first - floor gallery were built at the beginning of the 14th century.
Today the church is a three - naved basilica with a triangular altar apse and semi – circular apses in the diaconicon and the prothesis. It is built with baked bricks and mortar and stone and mortar. Above the diaconicon and the prothesis there are two small chapels from the Comnenus period in the 12th century. Later the upper section of the narthex was built and at the same time in the middle of the 14th century the Chapel of the St. John the Forerunner was built. The external narthex with its gallery on the west facade of the church was built in 1313 at the time of Archbishop Gregorius as is stated in an inscription in the bricks running the length of the facade. It is considered to be a masterpiece of mediaeval architecture.

The Church of St. Bogorodica Perivlepta According to an inscription on the inner wall of the narthex above the main entrance, the church was built under the name of the Holy Mother of God Most Glorious (Perivleptos) in 1295 by the Byzantine military commander, Progon Zgur, a relative of the Emperor Andronicus II Palalogus. After the church of St. Sophia had been converted into mosque, the church of the Holy Mother of God Perivleptos became the cathedral church of the Archbishopric of Ohrid.
The paintings in the church of the Holy Mother of God Perivleptos mark a new chapter in mediaeval paintings. They ushered in a new trend in Byzantine art which came to be known as the Palaeologus Renaissance. They are also the earliest known works of Michael and Eutychius, distinguished mediaeval fresco painters, whose creations can be followed through nearly three decades.
The church is cruciform in shape and surmounted by an octagonal - based dome decorated on the outside with cylindrical friezes. The narthex and the central part were built at the same time. It is built of brick and travertine in a masterly combination producing an extraordinarily decorative effect and at the same time an impression of perfect harmony. Indeed, the church of the St. Bogorodica Perivlepta ranks among the most outstanding achievements of mediaeval architecture.

The Church of St. Jovan Bogoslov at Kaneo
Built and decorated towards the end of the end of 13th century, the donor of the church and the painter of its frescoes are unknown. The church’s architecture is of great relevance to a study of Ohrid’s mediaeval monuments as it is a highly successful combination of Byzantine and Armenian elements.
The church stands on one of the finest spots on the lake shore, on a high cliff over – looking the one - time fishing settlements of Kaneo (a latin word wich means in macedonian bleech or sparkle) in the old part of Ohrid.
St. Jovan at Kaneo, one of the landmarks of old Ohrid, was restored to its original form in the course of 1963 and 1964 when the belfry and the porch - both 19th century additions – were removed. It was on that occasion that the frescoes in the dome were uncovered.
The frescoes in the dome and in the altar space have been preserved although they are considerably damaged. The reason for this is that for a lengthy period between the 17th century and 19th century the church was partially ruined and was abandoned, and a large number of the frescoes were then destroyed and lost forever.

The Church of St. Nicola Bolnicki

The church is of interest both in terms of its architecture and its frescoes. Remains of the town walls which stretched down from Samuel’s Fortress to the lakeside are to be found in the churchyard. The church has semi - circular vaulting. The belfry on its western side is unique in Macedonia and was built under the influence of architecture of the Adriatic coast.

The Church of The Holy Mother Bolnicki

This church was first decorated in 1368. It was redecorated towards the end of the 14th and it most probably took on its present form in the 15th century. Further mural paintings were added in the 19th century. The iconostasis, richly decorated with stylized floral, fruit and bird motives was carved in 1833 and is the work of the Macedonian woodcarver Nikola Darkovski Karadzovic of Lazaropole.
The Church of St. Nicola Chudotvorec

Among the inhabitants of the old part of Ohird this church is well-known as St. Nikola Chudotvorec - Chelnichki because it is situated in the vicinity of St. Bogorodica - Chelnica. It was built on the remains of an early Christian temple.
The church has been reconstructed and painted with frescoes during many centuries. It is listed among the rare galleries where the wall painting has been preserved in fragments in the period from the 11th to the 14th century and on.
For five years from 2000 to 2005 cleansing and conservation of numerous for century old fresco painting fragments was going on.
Lence Mojsoska, an art historian and custodian in the National Museum in Ohrid and Ljupco Deskovski a conservator, discovered this significant medieval artistic treasure of the ancient Ohrid.

Islamic Monuments

The well-known Turkich travel writer Evlija Chelebija in 1679 gives detailed description of Ohrid. He describes the town as a developed, rich and big trade center. He compares it with Damask and Cairo in those times, as well as with other towns in the Near East and Otoman Empire. Ohrid had several beautiful and big mosques. Among them, Chelebija mentiones Aja Sophia (the cathedral church St. Sophia), then the mosque Ohrizade or the Tzar Mosque in the old hilly part of Ohrid, known as Imaret Mosque.
The houses of the Macedonian population in the old part of the town were beautiful and built by craftsmen, with layered stores, one above the other turned towards the lake.
Kliment’s monastery church St. Pantelejmon in Plaoshnik, under the Samuel’s Fortress, was transformed into a mosque. The Imaret Mosque as his memorial was built by Sinan (Jusuf) Cheleby, who came from the respected Turkish clan Ohrizade. This mosque does not exist any more. On the archeological remains of the oldest Slovenian monastery St. Pantelejmon, which was built by St. Kliment Ohridski, there is a newly built temple, Kliment’s monastery church St. Kliment and Pantelejmon, which was santificated on August, 11, 2002.
The renovation of the Kliment’s monastery church St. Kliment and Pantelejmon was done over remains of original walls of all constructed phases of the church from 9th to 14th century and remains of Sultan Mosque from the end of the 15th century. As a border between the newly constructed and original walls a plumb line was founded during the construction from the inner and outer side of the walls.
In the vicinity of the newly rebuilt monastery church of St. Kliment and Pantelejmon there is a tomb where Sinan (Jusuf) Chelebi was buried in 1493.
The Ohrid mosques are built in the flatten part of the city, where during the Turkish period caravan roads were passing by towards Durres (The Adriatic Sea) and Thessalonica (The Aegean Sea). Ajdar-pasha mosque which is situated on “Goce Delchev” street (on the old road from Ohrid to Struga) is the oldest Ohrid mosque.
In 1490 Ajdar-pasha built it as his memorial, and it was named after him. He was buried there. In the 19th century here used to be medresa - Muslem religious school.
TEKETO of the Ohrid Dervishes from the Halvets was situated at the intersection at the Chinar. In 1590 the mosque which was built at this place by Zejnelk Abedin-pasha as his dedication, carries his name. By the way, the first Sheh (ruler) of the Ohrid dervishes was Hadji Muhamed hajati, with an origin from Persia. His grave is at the front in the turbeto, which is part of the contemporary teke.
Close to the chinar, at the beginning of “St. Kliment Ohridski” street in the charshija, over numerous shops, dominates the minaret of Ali-pasha mosque built in 1573 by Sulejman pasha. In 1823 an adaptation was undertaken by the vesire Ali-pasha, whose name the mosque carries today. At the beginning of the 21st century new constructing adaptations were undertaken on this mosque in Ohrid.

Catholic Church

In the new part of Ohird in the vicinity of Lake Ohird coast, near Palace hotel, there is a newly-built catholic church which is dedicated to three protectors of Europe the Slavic apostles St. Cyril and Methodius and St. Benedict.
It was built in 2001. The altar painting which presents the saints Cyril and Methodius and St. Benedict, is a piece of work of the Italian painting professor Vinchenco Bianki. In this catholic pastoral center the church service is performed every day.
The bishop Aloisse Tourke on Holly Spirits on May 18, 1985 has written down on the first page of a prayer book, which as a document, is in the new catholic church in Ohrid: “This prayer, the bellow signed gives as a present to the catholic church Sts. Cyril and Methodius in Ohrid who bought it and designed in 1939 fulfilling the wish of, at that time Skopje bishop dr. Janez F. Gnidovec for the numerous catholic followers and as a memory of the Slavic prophets – the holly brothers Cyril and Methodius, their pupils Kliment and Naum and as well as to formerly existing Ohrid catholic bishoprics, archbishoprics, disappeared in 1656 when Andrea Bogdani was transfered in Skopje. At that time celebration Skopje become archbisopric and existed till 1924.

Important:info and photos taken from
Important:Also visit
This is the general thread about Ohrid in the general photography forum from our member dewrob
See less See more
1 - 20 of 4613 Posts

Lake Ohrid - A treasure of ancient plant and animal life

Observing Lake Ohrid, illuminated by the sun at any time of the year, one gets the impression that it has just been born, no matter that it came into being million of years ago. In its blue waters there is a plant and animal kingdom known today only through fossils. The single condition that has made possible the preservation of the remains of the ancient flora and fauna and its further evolution is the long continuity of Lake Ohrid’s existence. In fact Lake Ohrid began its life even before man’s appearance. Lake Ohrid came into being about four million years ago - according to Dr. Sinisa Stankovic, a long - year researcher of this lake. Lake Ohrid came into existence in remote geological ages as a result of tectonic shifts. There are only a few lakes in the world today whose antiquity can be compared with that of Lake Ohrid. It is possible that only Tanganyika in Africa and Titicaca in South America came into being in the same geological period.

The nature of Lake Ohrid’s formation is also of interest. It came about as a result of the vertical sinking of the land. Only a relatively small number of lakes have been formed in this fashion.Lake Baikal in Siberia in Russia, the deepest lake, which is several hundred times larger than Lake Ohrid, came about in this way. The waters of the two lakes are inhabited by similar flora and fauna.

Lake Ohrid lies in a basin surrounded at all sides by mountains with peaks of over 2,000 meters. To the east there are Mount Petrino and Mount Galicica with the Magaro peak (2,275m) which separates Ohrid basin from that of Prespa. To the south there are the hills and lower mountains of Albania.

Lake Ohrid rightly deserves the name “Macedonia’s freshwater sea”. Not only for its warm water blue colour, which gains its intensity from the sky blue colour, but because of its size, this lake gives an impression of being a sea. It covers an area of 358 square kilometers and one gets an impression of being in front of a large bay of the sea as if a part had been uprooted of the sea’s breadth, and launched among high mountains 695 meters above sea level. On its northern shore the ancient city of Ohrid, rises above the lake like some colossal piece of scenery, located on a double hill with highest point at Samuel’s Fortress 800 m. above sea level.

An opportunity to grasp its picturesque dark - blue surface and the harmonious ellipsoid shape is given from different places. From the monastery of St. Naum the invisible frontier line extends towards the village of Radozda on the other shore and divides the Lake into two parts. Two thirds of its surface area belong to the Republic of Macedonia and one third to Albania.

The Lake is 30 km long, and its width varies from a maximum of 15 km, to an average of 11 km. Lake Ohrid has been found to be deepest 286 m., about 5 km from the shore, in the section between the fishing villages of Pestani and Trpejca. Its average depth is 151 m.

The rare clarity of the water in Lake Ohrid whose translucency may reach down to depth of 22 meters, is due to numerous underwater springs all along the south and the east shores. Much of this water comes from Lake Prespa, which lies at a greater altitude and is also the outcome of a tectonic shift.

The most famous springs are those at Studencista, better known as Biljana’s Springs, in the immediate vicinity of the city of Ohrid. There are powerful springs near the Monastery of St. Naum (29 km from Ohrid) which emerge from the limestone at the foot of Mount Galicica. Their water first forms a picturesque little lake in which in the course of the centuries two islets have been formed. The crystal clear water then flows in a small, fast - flowing river into Lake Ohrid.

The Crn Drim river flows out of Lake Ohrid at Struga (14 km from Ohrid) making its way through Albania, finally enters the Adriatic Sea.

The shores of the lake have been populated since ancient times. In the course of recent centuries, in addition to a number of small, mostly fishing settlements, three larger urban settlements have grown up on the lakeside: Ohrid and Struga on Macedonian territory and Pogradec on Albanian.

With its unique flora and fauna the lake is one of the largest biological reserves in Europe. The earliest scientific studies, undertaken in the course of the 19th century, showed that, as one of the oldest lakes in the world, it has preserved primeval life - forms which no longer exist in other places or only exist as fossils.

The fish in the lake are of particular significance. Lake Ohrid contains seventeen different species of fish belonging to the three groups: trout, white fish and eel.

Ten species of fish are endemic to Ohrid. The best - known are two kinds of trout, letnica (Salmo Letnica) and belvica(Acantholingua - Salmothymus ohridana), which are not to be found anywhere else. Besides eel, chub, carp and barbell there are also undermouth and moranec and a tiny fish called plasica, bleak (Alburnus alburnus alborella).

The endemic circular Ohrid sponge (ochridospongia rotunda) is one of the most interesting survivals in the lake. There are also other forms of sponge in the lake which are more widespread. The round Ohrid sponge however, has been compared by scientists only to sponges in the Lake of Tiberius in the Near East and in Lake Baikal. Tiberius and Baikal sponges are very ancient remains of a one - time living world in the Euro - Asian region which have been preserved up to the present day, each in its own lake habitat.

Systematic studies of the waters of Lake Ohrid were begun by Dr. Sinisa Stankovic (1892 - 1974) as early as 1922. His research into the ancient forms of flora and fauna continued right up to the time of his death. He showed that the lake contains endemic animal and vegetable forms which were completely unknown, and that in this sense it is a unique natural historic museum.

For precisely this reason, Like Ohrid is one of the world’s natural reserves and is important to science because it has remained unchanged for a long time in the geological sense. This fact makes the lake an ideal laboratory for the discovery of many secrets concerning the appearance and development of life on Earth.

For ongoing research into Lake Ohrid it was necessary to organize a scientific institution of Ohrid. Thus, in the course of 1935, Dr. Sinisa Stankovic founded the Ohrid Hydrobiological Institute, near “Studencista Springs”. In recent years Lake Ohrid has arisen interest among scientists worldwide. It is one of the best and longest studied lakes. This fact was one of the reason why in 1972 a group of American limnologists joined with their Macedonian colleagues in an attempt to discover some of the Lake’s unrevealed secrets. A joint research project was carried out supported by the Smithsonian Institute in Washington and the city of Ohrid.

Lake Ohrid has always had great economic significance for the life of the region. From the beginning of time fishing has been one of the most important economic activities of the inhabitants.

Owing of the influence of the Adriatic Sea, the Ohrid basin enjoys a modified Mediterranean varieties such as cypress, almond and fig trees. The whole valley and the surrounding mountains are situated in a basin where influences of several different climates those enjoyed by the Adriatic and Aegean coasts, the continental regions and the high mountains intermingle. For many years during the summer season Ohrid has hosted an international swimming marathon. It was first held in 1962 and many swimmers from abroad took part in it.

Extensive research on the part of the medical experts have confirmed that the shores of Lake Ohrid posses excellent potential for the development of invigorating and health giving tourism. A relatively low atmospheric pressure, a large number of sunny days in the year, favorable air currents, gentle seasonal changes of temperature, and a whole host of other climatic feature have a beneficial effect on health. According to the medical experts, Lake Ohrid is an ideal for healing patients with heart diseases, heart strokes, etc. The cold lake water is useful for people with vein problems. For them it is useful to take walks in the shallow waters of Lake Ohrid. There is a medical recommendation for using the facilities within the monastery complex St.Naum and the villages Ljubanista and Trpejca. This coastal area is ideal for climate therapy. Because of the close position of the mountain Galicica, which is based between Lakes Ohrid and Prespa, the lake climate is useful for anemic persons. The sea level altitude and the clear air help in the creation of the red cells. The waters of Lake Ohrid have a positive effect for healing the infantile paralysis.

Underwater and coastal archeology of Lake Ohrid

Under the waters of Lake Ohrid there are archeological excavations dating from prehistory and on. Prehistoric settlements have been excavated by the end of the 20th century at Gradishte, by the village of Pestani, by Ohrid divers. The biggest underwater archeological site in Macedonia was found by a group of Struga divers at Vrbnik close to Struga in the mid eighties.

The epochal archeological discovery at the “Ohridati” settlement, close to the coastal area of Lake Ohrid, once again certified that, under the lake, there are archeological reserves dating from the period of prahistory and on. The coastal part of Lake Ohrid starting from the ‘Palace’hotel to the ‘Ohridati’ settlement lies on the remains of several pile dwellings since the neolithic age through the end of the Bronze age. Most of the new houses were built on the pile dwellings remains in this coastal part in the center of Ohrid.

Galichica National Park

If, like so many others before you, you find yourself on the road traveling to Ohrid, attracted by the beauty of this cosmopolitan city of civilization, complete your journey by visiting Galichica, the lovely mountain that keeps secrets for at least the next million years, as it was said by certain explorers.

Galichica is the reality which you must have seen, as an example of beauty, at least once in your dreams.Galichica, like so many other places and buildings in Ohrid, cannot be retold, but the feeling you have when you experience its beauty is unrepeatable. In Macedonia – the biblical country, there are several places which explain its uniqueness, and one of those, beauty of the nature, or as the citizens of Ohrid use to say – a gift from God, is Galichica.

Due to its exceptional natural beauties and the rich endemic flora and fauna, in 1958 Galichica has been proclaimed a National park.

It is situated in the south-west of Macedonia, at the meeting point of the borders of Macedonia, Albania and Greece.The lakes of Ohrid and Prespa are included within its boundaries, as well as the island Golem Grad in the Prespa Lake.

The National Park Galichica is divided into three zones:

* The highly secured zone
* The tourist and recreation zone and
* The economic zone

Galichica is endowed with rare species of floral and animal wildlife.What you simply mustn’t miss are the springs of the river Crn Drim (Black Drim), located near the complex St. Naum, where at the price of 50 to 100 denars you can offer yourself a ride on a small boat along the thirty subterranean and the fifteen coastal springs in amazing surroundings and have an unrepeatable adventure.

On 1735 m. above sea level the place called Vidikovec - Goga is situated, a position from where you can see the two lakes - Ohrid and Prespa Lake - at the same time. On Galichica there is also a trekking trail – Asan Dzura, as well as a cycling trail for the fans of this sport. For those admiring the beauties of the caves - on Galichica you can also visit the 224 m. long and 6 m. wide cave Samatska Dupka.For the ones who like rural tourism and eco-food, Galichica is where Bacilo - Planinska kuka (Mountain house) is located.
See less See more
What about pictures?
Mozno e da se stavat sliki ili ova e samo so tekst?
More photos
St.Kliment and Naum


See less See more
What about pictures?
Mozno e da se stavat sliki ili ova e samo so tekst?
Sega ke stavam sliki...
Beautiful view at church St.Jovan-Kaneo and the lake behind

Тhe bane of the bones
See less See more
Fantastic thread Filip :cheers:
This could be informative thread too, for tourist visiting and such... Its nice city especially the old part and what can offer...
Let me add some photos later today...
Thanks friend.You can always add photos if you want,too.:cheers:

Mural of Bulgarian King Boris I Michail ktitor of "St.Naum" monastery in Ohrid
See less See more
WOW... Nice... Filip... you did a great job.... I will participate too, later...
Thanks friend.You can always add photos if you want,too.:cheers:
Вметни ја темава во првата страна и пиши да ја посетат дека се работи за генералната тема во генералната фото секција. Има многу јаки слики и одличен вовед е направен од dewrob...
Beautiful city! Is this the second biggest city in Macedonia?
Beautiful city! Is this the second biggest city in Macedonia?
Nope. Bitola then Tetovo. Anyway Ohrid has some 60.000 inhabitants in the municipality of Ohrid mainly in the newly build city.
1 - 20 of 4613 Posts