SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 1689 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
I think it's good they decided to do it like 'all in once'
one big development stage.. it might be a bit annoying for the locals there for maybe a year.. but after it it will be for all better...

aswell I like most of the ideas and projects.. it fits the city of skopje (as far as I know it)

·
Registered
19,886 Posts
Yeah Skopje is a big construction place especially Skopje 2014 its a truly huge project.
Also other cities in Macedonia are starting to develop but the process is still slow. Skopje has even 40% of the population of Macedonia around 700.000 and I think this trend will stop in the future which will be very good for everyone.
My father served JNA in Macedonia and he really likes country , people there and we have some plans to visit Skopje and Ohrid . About this problem you mantioned -every state needs DECENTRALIZATION in all sectors and with that process the state can control migrations :cheers::cheers:

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
I reckon this project is a great concept but my biggest fear is a repeat of the kitsch architecture from the 60s but in a more modern form.

The biggest problem with a lot of eastern europe is a lack of modern architectural taste.

Either way this will be interesting to watch.

Congrats Makedonci on having your forum back. :)

Pozdrav :cheers2:

·
THE ONE AND ONLY
334 Posts
The reconstruction of the Officer's House was my favorite part of this project, but so far construction has not started on this building. What do people here think, will work start soon, or will it be built by the initial 2014 deadline?

·
Banned
700 Posts
The reconstruction of the Officer's House was my favorite part of this project, but so far construction has not started on this building. What do people here think, will work start soon, or will it be built by the initial 2014 deadline?
Is that this building (one on the left)? Because if so, it's my favourite too. :)

They appear to be constructing 2-3 buildings at a time, so I'm sure that building's turn will come. They will probably start once the theater and the museum from across the river are complete. I hope.

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
@Srdjan awesome photos!
I can see that building of ministry of internal affairs is rising as I said before, this is a huge progress.

41 - 60 of 1689 Posts