SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 36533 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Football is our country's sport ; We needed to start a thread for it. Football is one thing that brings Ukraine together. Whether it's big friendship between Eastern club Zorya Luhans'k and Western club Karpaty Lviv, big rivalries between 2 West clubs Volyn' Luts'k and Karpaty Lviv, or big rivalries between 2 eastern clubs Dnipropetrovs'k and Shakhtar Donets'k, as far as football goes, there is no "east" or "west", there is only one big "Ukraine".

Today, in UEFA Champions League, Shakhtar struggled to beat Polish team Legia, which is a bit worrying but they did waste millions of chances. Dynamo Kyiv beat Fenerbahce of Turkey and it was a great game, a pleasure to watch. Tomorrow, in UEFA Cup, Chornomorets Odesa and Metalurh Zaporizhya will make there European debuts this year. Usually we had Metalurh Donets'k and Dnipropetrovs'k getting in as our final 2 teams in Europe, but this year we have two new teams. Anyways, here is where we discuss Ukrainian football :cheers: .

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think there wasn't a penalty ;). But I think there was a foul - I just think it was just outside the box....Legia was good standing up to Shakhtar though. Now it's all to play for in Warsaw.

Another Ukrainian - Polish battle today though, Chornomorets Odesa vs Wisla Plock. I'm worried about having Chornomorets and Metalurh in Eurocups this year, because they both suck in the Ukrainian league so far :(... Hopefully having DK and SD in the Champions league group stages can save us our coeficcient points...

·
Ino Ligota!
791 Posts
Futbol-Fanat said:
I think there wasn't a penalty ;). But I think there was a foul - I just think it was just outside the box....Legia was good standing up to Shakhtar though. Now it's all to play for in Warsaw.
exactlly. but I'm happy that Shakhtar won ;) hope that they will do it again in Warsaw.

Futbol-Fanat said:
Another Ukrainian - Polish battle today though, Chornomorets Odesa vs Wisla Plock. I'm worried about having Chornomorets and Metalurh in Eurocups this year, because they both suck in the Ukrainian league so far :(... Hopefully having DK and SD in the Champions league group stages can save us our coeficcient points...
after first half is 0 : 0 :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It ended 0 - 0...

Why do you want Legia to lose? Don't you support all Polish teams in Eurocups??

I mean I'm not against you supporting a Ukrainian team, I'm just curious :D

Oh, and Metalurh Zaporizhya tied (!!!!!!) 'Zimbru' of Moldova...... Ганьба! ;).

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Btw, you might be interested - There was some tournament yesterday for kids born in 1993 and 1994 played in Kyiv with teams from every city in Poland and Ukraine thats included in the EURO2012 bid. There were some nice looking Polish and Ukrainian cheerleaders there too :p :). I saw the highlites on Channel 5.

·
Ino Ligota!
791 Posts
Futbol-Fanat said:
It ended 0 - 0...

Why do you want Legia to lose? Don't you support all Polish teams in Eurocups??

I mean I'm not against you supporting a Ukrainian team, I'm just curious :D
because I don't feel Polish but Silesian :)
Upper Silesia is a historical region in Poland and Czech Republic, in the past this region had an autonomy.

Futbol-Fanat said:
Btw, you might be interested - There was some tournament yesterday for kids born in 1993 and 1994 played in Kyiv with teams from every city in Poland and Ukraine thats included in the EURO2012 bid. There were some nice looking Polish and Ukrainian cheerleaders there too :p . I saw the highlites on Channel 5.
sounds great:) I didn't hear about it.
I think ukrainian cheerleaders was nicer than polish ;)

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,620 Posts
lol they speak polish :) its a region, like we have galychyna, donbas, slobozhanshina, volyn', polissya etc.

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,620 Posts
How different is silesian dialect?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The best thing for our football would have been if this year in the Uefa Cup we were represented by Dnipro Dniepropetrovsk and Metallurg Donetsk. Mettalurg Zaporizya lost alot of key players like Aliev, Shyshenko, etc. They don't belong in the Uefa Cup and more in the Ukrainian Premier League. Their stadium that just got built is a very good looking. Chornomorets is ok but they still didn't wake up and they should with Shyshenko and Venghliysky leading up front. The two are possibly the best one two combination after Brandao and Marica from Shakhtar. But anyways me and i hope all Ukrainians will be chearing for all our teams represented in Europe. We need to drive our coefficient so we could catch the assholes from Russia who deserve to be playing with Afganistanian donkeys rather than European grands.

·
Ino Ligota!
791 Posts
Dr.Mesofius said:
How different is silesian dialect?
it's very different :) sometimes people from the other parts of Poland cannot understand peopel speak in silesian dialect.
F.e.:

English | Polish |Silesian
speak | mówić | godać
Silesia | Śląsk | Ślonsk
sausage |kiełbasa | wuszt
girl | dziewczyna | frela

According to the last census in Poland (2002) some 70,000 people declared Silesian as their first language, and some 170,000 people declared Silesian nationality. However, the total number of Silesian speakers (the majority of whom do not consider it as a separate language) exceeds 2 million.
There are also about 100,000 Silesian (Cieszyn Silesian) speakers living in the Czech Republic, Cieszyn Silesian is also commonly spoken in Polish part of Cieszyn Silesia. Besides, about 10,878 thousand people in Czech Republic declared Silesian nationality.

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,620 Posts
jacek_t83 said:
it's very different :) sometimes people from the other parts of Poland cannot understand peopel speak in silesian dialect.
F.e.:

English | Polish |Silesian
speak | mówić | godać
Silesia | Śląsk | Ślonsk
sausage |kiełbasa | wuszt
girl | dziewczyna | frela

According to the last census in Poland (2002) some 70,000 people declared Silesian as their first language, and some 170,000 people declared Silesian nationality. However, the total number of Silesian speakers (the majority of whom do not consider it as a separate language) exceeds 2 million.
There are also about 100,000 Silesian (Cieszyn Silesian) speakers living in the Czech Republic, Cieszyn Silesian is also commonly spoken in Polish part of Cieszyn Silesia. Besides, about 10,878 thousand people in Czech Republic declared Silesian nationality.
That's very interesting, I didn't know it. Is Silesian a bit closer to German or is it just different in its own way?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So, last night our NT lost to Italy... It was on OK game, they wasted a few chances.. But they were great in thr 1st half..

Now, a huge game vs Scotland on Wednesday.. Only victory...Україна вперед!

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,620 Posts
Так, шкода що не перемогли італійцев :(

1 - 20 of 36533 Posts